SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MORE RUMOURS

+10
saintxpaul
um pahars
Bob's your Uncle
SFC Forever
Dell-ta Dawn
Zippy
saint_lambden
Alf Tupper
matty07uk
SaintMike
14 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

MORE RUMOURS - Page 15 Empty Re: MORE RUMOURS

Post  SaintMike Sat 13 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

12 Jul 2013 19:48:13
There's a rumour out of Tottenham that southampton have offered £5m for caulker. If we have we are being very very cheeky. He is worth at least double. Not better than Lovren who cost £8m I know, but that's a bargain! Lovren worth nearer 15 IMO.

13 Jul 2013 01:38:27
Southampton want a new striker to replace the departed (ing) barnard, sharp, lee, Young Austrian forward Philipp Hosiner is the player on MP shortlist. Incredible scoring record in Austria so may worth giving him a shot. Untried at this level so unlikely to be our only forward signing.

Was having a look through the net, and can across a report out of Spain based on ever banega back in February 2013. They were saying although banega was one of their best players that season, his failure to keep out of the media spotlight was proving to much for the new Valencia manager, and he was going to be placed on the transfer list in the summer (now). Even more likely out bid a few weeks back were accepted and I think we could already have signed him. on the OS they have a blog on the training camp. It mentions there were passport issues with a "as yet unnamed player". Could be a new signing?

13 Jul 2013 09:09:05
Internacional president luigi stated "For me there is no negotiation started for Damiao with Napoli, this must be a guess because, I repeat, Napoli have not mentioned this interest either now or in the past. "
He said no interest fro Napoli but didn't say no interest from saints.
He also said "How much is he worth? I do not know if I'm going to sell. He should remain here. I believe the player will be here for at least another year. " Not sure what to make of it more of an update on the situation. I think saints will defo meet the asking price of the rumoured £21m though, which may put off a few other clubs trying to get him on the cheap. Inter wouldn't be able to refuse that sort of bid.

13 Jul 2013 12:42:28
Southampton are in talks with Kurt Zouma from Saint-Ettiene after having an £11million bid accepted. Zouma is seen to be a perfect replacement for Vergard Forren following his return to Molde FK.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:08 pm

13 Jul 2013 22:42:16
Southampton still want to sign Frederik Sorenson, Ever Banega, Miroslav Stoch and Leandro Damiao.

14 Jul 2013 01:07:08
Southampton face stiff competition from Liverpool for the signing of Ajax Defender Toby Alderweireld for a fee of 6. 5 Million

14 Jul 2013 13:08:18
We know CL is NC ultimate destination, therefore we must be patient in our transfer doings, yes there are a lot of good players going to other prem clubs, but many are not CL quality, they are not being fought over by the top clubs. We have set our sites on players that will want to play for CL teams, very ambitious and very exciting. We have bid aggressively and convinced a few that we are right for them, but others will still want to go to bigger clubs, nothing wrong with that, we are still perceived as a small club (I read all of the transfer comments on big soccer web sites by fans of the big clubs and see thousands of comments from around the world, our big transfers (VW, LS, Lovern) may get one or two at the most). We can match most clubs when it comes to meeting transfer fees, satisfying the selling clubs, but the players are still wanting to wait for bigger clubs. That is where I think we are at the moment, waiting on bigger clubs to do their transfers. Astori/Osvaldo is a perfect example, they are hoping to go to a bigger club even though we can afford them, and maybe in the end when the the big clubs have done their mega deals they will still be available and come to the Saints. It is a blessing and a curse that our ambitions are so high. I am not worried, there are a lot of good players out there and we can put last minute bids in as the window begins to shut, but GREAT players are few and those are the one NC and NP want.

14 Jul 2013 13:17:09
Any thoughts on BERNARD AN�CIO CALDEIRA DUARTE of brazil only 20 years old 10 mil mark! Liverpool are after him would be a great sighning as we missed out on phillipe cortinho looks amazing going forward? England could not contain him when he came on for brazil!against us. think this lad has the ability to out shine any of Brazil's young starlets even naymar!!
Thought!

14 Jul 2013 18:46:45
Saints closing in on Downing from Liverpool. Classy player but a little on the old side. Competition for him from WBA and Hull

14 Jul 2013 21:53:49
Apparently les Reed has been asked to do all he can to get Alex oxlade-chamberlain back to southampton. Word is we will go to £15m
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 15 Jul 2013, 2:17 pm

Tweeted an hour ago....
Southampton and Norwich are linked with a move for Juventus Striker Fabio Quagliarella, according to Italian Media
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:42 pm

Supposedly also made a cheeky enquiry about buying Lukaku, that may have to wait until January window if he doesn't get his chances at Chelsea, then again if they do sign Rooney may mean some movement though think more likely they will ship out Ba.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 19 Jul 2013, 11:32 pm

19 Jul 2013 12:04:25
Matej Vydra, who spent last season on loan at Watford, is thought to be attracting the interest of Celtic, Fulham, Southampton and Reading. However, Udinese's high valuation of the player may prove a stumbling block for any potential suitors.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 20 Jul 2013, 2:13 pm

SaintMike wrote:19 Jul 2013 12:04:25
Matej Vydra, who spent last season on loan at Watford, is thought to be attracting the interest of Celtic, Fulham, Southampton and Reading. However, Udinese's high valuation of the player may prove a stumbling block for any potential suitors.

More comments on Vydra...

he'll score aload of goals and come jan when the BIG clubs come sniffing his agent will be in his ear again and he will vanish like he did for us

I would bite the hand ofany club who offered 10m but I also don't think the pozzo wouldsell for less. Personally I think he'd fit well in either fulham or southamptons team he's just got too big for his boots at watford. with only two years left on his contract the pozzo will most likely look to sell now before his value depreciates.r gets him will get a top talent, but by the sounds of it, he's staying in Udine.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 20 Jul 2013, 2:14 pm

20 Jul 2013 10:07:39
Lille winger Florian Thauvin is a transfer target for Southampton and Arsenal with Lille wanting £5m upfront with add- ons. Thauvin impressed while on loan with SC Bastia last season.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 20 Jul 2013, 8:52 pm

suspect most action will take place last couple of days of July as everyone realises time is running out and get either realistic or desperate!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:01 pm

I'd guess they may concentrate more on completing signings after they get back from tour.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 21 Jul 2013, 2:08 pm

SaintMike wrote:I'd guess they may concentrate more on completing signings after they get back from tour.

But I hope things may move quicker so that new players are grounded in by start of season.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 23 Jul 2013, 11:52 pm

Simon Peach on Twitter tonight...

One caller told me SaintsFC interested in a versatile right-back, who would seriously challenge Clyne. Expecting story in tomorrow's papers
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 24 Jul 2013, 12:05 pm

SaintMike wrote:Simon Peach on Twitter tonight...

One caller told me SaintsFC interested in a versatile right-back, who would seriously challenge Clyne. Expecting story in tomorrow's papers

From Simon Peach this morning...

The full-back SaintsFC are supposedly after is Spurs' Kyle Naughton. Unable to follow it up but a move that would fit club's buying policy.
Naughton young, talented & versatile. Would fit SaintsFC well if rumour true. Right-back clearly an area that Poch needs to strengthen.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

Well would be really keen on Naughton if true but slightly odd as Clyne looks a good prospect unless Naughton seen as a right side CB?
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 24 Jul 2013, 11:18 pm

Apparently Naughton can play right or left back so would be cover/competition for both Shaw and Clyne.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 27 Jul 2013, 1:15 am

26 Jul 2013 08:26:03
Southampton interested in Liverpool target Luis Muriel, 22, who plays for Udinese for £15m.
If this happened for Southampton it would be the most incredible signing we've done yet but unfortunately I personally can't see it happening.

26 Jul 2013 17:42:38
Southampton interested in Lille winger Florian Thauvin for £6m but face competition from Arsenal and Newcastle
This is the sort of signing Saints should be going for. Right age, bags of potential, good price - and realistic.

26 Jul 2013 22:15:39
Rumour has it that Saints are prepared to offer £22 million to secure Mineiro wonderkid Bernard.
Personally I doubt the interest is genuine. Mineiro have yet to receive a single actual offer and this might just be agents and such trying to force other clubs to actually move for the player. Still, would be nice to sign a player of his calibre, even for that price.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 27 Jul 2013, 2:04 pm

The editor of the rumour site that I take most of these rumours from was asked whether he had heard any more Saints rumours and has replied....

Only thing I have heard is you have held talk with Lisbon, I believe he meant with Sporting, but he didn't know who was the target. With the huge financial issues in the league there, resulting in the players' union having to step in and pay players who had not been paid in months, I am surprised more clubs aren't exploring that option.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 28 Jul 2013, 9:16 am

Actually seems quite quiet in terms of actual bids, very hard to keep quiet as with Lovren and Wanyama showed and deals seem to take forever to conclude nowadays and all done in public. Look at the Hooper saga, signing for QPR in the press so Norwich up their offer and take at last minute. No doubt Hooper secured more money, at least left Twitchy with a red face and moaning, nothing new there then! That did make me Very Happy 
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 30 Jul 2013, 1:18 am

29 Jul 2013 18:17:02
Bafetimbi Gomis of Lyon, is on our radar after Newcastle could not entice Lyon with their 7mill bid, a mature striker at 27 with pace and power. Would be good choice if our Damaio bid falls through.

29 Jul 2013 18:41:18
I heard saints are still in talks with both clubs of Banega and Damiao! Heard that the fee for both players will be 34 million which would take saints spending to about £55 million this this summer this will be thr end of saints spending during this window! Hope that this time my source is right he got mayuka, jay rod and wanyama right! Fingers crossed lads.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:13 pm

Gomis would be interesting signing as a different type of striker but suspect if we want that type of striker then may hang on and see what happens with Chelsea and Lukaku. Might not be until Jan window but if "The Great One" decides he is not what he wants then the guy will have no chance at Chelsea.

I still don't believe Damaio will move and if he does not to us, think just about every club seems to be after a striker
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:57 am

SaintMike wrote:
SaintMike wrote:I'd guess they may concentrate more on completing signings after they get back from tour.

But I hope things may move quicker so that new players are grounded in by start of season.

Yes, I'd like to see a couple of quality signings by the end of this week.....if their fitness levels are up to scratch that might just about be enough time to have them ready for the big kick-off.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:23 pm

SaintMike wrote:
SaintMike wrote:

Yes, I'd like to see a couple of quality signings by the end of this week.....if their fitness levels are up to scratch that might just about be enough time to have them ready for the big kick-off.

Unfortunately with 2 weeks to start of season beginning to look like last year when we were late in getting all the players in that were needed which meant a poor start. Yes we are in a better position than last year but so are many other clubs so maybe not a lot better off overall.

True they might be reasonably fit as presumably training at their current clubs but will not know style of play or chance to work alongside our players. We have known since April time that SRL/Jrod with just Mayuka was simply not enough of a goal scoring threat so 3 months on still no new striker. appreciate its not easy but you would think 3 months was long enough to complete a deal
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 07 Aug 2013, 11:21 am

SaintMike wrote:The editor of the rumour site that I take most of these rumours from was asked whether he had heard any more Saints rumours and has replied....

Only thing I have heard is you have held talk with Lisbon, I believe he meant with Sporting, but he didn't know who was the target. With the huge financial issues in the league there, resulting in the players' union having to step in and pay players who had not been paid in months, I am surprised more clubs aren't exploring that option.

The rumour site's editor again......

I know Southampton spoke to Sporting regarding a player, the general consensus seems to be that it was Dier, though I am not in agreement with that opinion. It would seem to me that Southampton are looking at players at a similar level to Liverpool, such as Coutinho. So, I do agree that it would be a young defender, but I think it more likely to be Ilori, as we know the club are open to selling him, for the right price. It is only that Liverpool have yet to meet the price, so it could be Sporting made contact and asked if Southampton would be willing to meet the price.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:48 am

20 Aug 2013 19:55:25
I've been told that 1 of these 3 players is going to join Saints next week!-- Scott Sinclair (Man city)/ Callum Mcmanaman (Wigan)/ Will Hughes, Derby). (my money is on Will Hughes:-))

I've been looking at the odds for Scott Sinclair to us and its gone done from 18/1 to 7/2. Not saying it means anything just thought I'd mention it.

Would love to see Hughes at Saints, They were absolutely ranting and raving about his talent on talksport today

21 Aug 2013 00:23:56
Not going to make it up and guess about Scott Sinclair as i'm not sure as to how serious the interest is. but we are definitely interested in Goran Cvijanović of Maribor. Scouts out there now watching him. 26 year old from Slovenia.
Not sure how much he would improve the squad, but in MoPo and NC we trust!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 21 Aug 2013, 10:16 pm

21 Aug 2013 21:32:24
Scott Sinclair is very interested in joining Southampton, according to Family friends who are in regular contact with Scott and jake from Bath Somerset, Scott is excited about linking up with younger brother jake.

21 Aug 2013 09:15:20
Iv heard a rumour coming out of Chelsea that we are interested in signing victor moses and not scott Sinclair I personally think moses would be a great signing for saints COYRS!!

Sinclair now 8/11 fav to sign for Saints from 18/1 a couple of days ago looks like another piece in the jigsaw. What a great season this is going to be.
I think Sinclair, could be a great signing. We're about to lose the pace of Puncheon (whom I never rated that highly)

From what I've heard Sinclair was touted to be better than Walcott, he just needs a club like Southampton, to bring him back up to standard.

I would rather have Sinclair than Moses. Would be cheaper, he's English talent, and is more the kind of player who we are lacking at the moment. That being said, if we got Moses instead, I'd hardly complain. Isn't it wonderful when a club like ours is linked to two cracking players?

21 Aug 2013 07:18:32
i did say ages ago that Scott Sinclair wanted to come. The source back at roots in Bath/Bristol says he definatley wants in at St Marys with his brothers advice. See you soon Scotty boy
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 28 Jan 2014, 8:24 am

27 Jan 2014 20:13:21
Saints have flown in a striker from Udinese Calcio tonight & he will be at the game tomorrow
Its doing my head in trying to find out who it is, can't find anything on twitter etc. But I know they have flown someone in for sure.
Can any shed any light?

Assuming what you're saying is true, that could be Pereyra or Muriel I guess. Or maybe 19 year old uruguayan Lopez? I hope what you are saying is true. Although many are saying we won't sign anyone (probably true) it's more fun & exciting to believe rumours

Its Luis Muriel. Loan swap with Osvaldo both with perm options at end of season.

Udinese are hoping Di Natale stays on for another season but they are not sure if he will. He is 30 but a class goalscorer with a lethal eye at goal, according to the club website. Maybe a good loan signing until the summer.

Wouldn't mind it being Muriel or Nicolas Lopez both Lacey and young

Muriel is regarded as an exciting prospect so would he come to us?

This was an exciting post to see! Luis Muriel would be a great investment if it's him, valued at 12 million so a swap of some sort with Osvaldo would be fair. Di Natale is a fantastic goal scorer but doesn't provide the same investment for the long term. Nicolas Lopez only signed for them from Roma back in the summer and the fact that he's only 20 makes him the most unlikely as we have our own youngsters on the fringes of the first team.

Lots of Twitter chatter about Luis Muriel. Not that that really counts for much. He does look good though. Of the players to score more than 10 goals in the top 5 European leagues last season he had the 3rd best conversion rate in front of goal (61%). Lots of numbers to digest there!

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down