SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRENTFORD: Post-match reaction

3 posters

Go down

BRENTFORD:  Post-match reaction Empty BRENTFORD: Post-match reaction

Post  SaintMike Sat 11 Dec 2010, 12:03 am

Put it here......
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

BRENTFORD:  Post-match reaction Empty Re: BRENTFORD: Post-match reaction

Post  Nostromo Sat 11 Dec 2010, 5:11 pm

I don't know what it was like in the flesh but it sounded bloody dire on the radio. I was supposed to go but decided against it (bought new lens for camera and was cleaned out!) and that was a good decision, it would have been a waste of £27.

Seriously, why can't we live up to our 'favourites' tag? What's going wrong? Why can't we break down these horrible little stubborn teams? Why are we so horribly inconsistent? We've had a decent run of home games but I would have expected us to keep it going, even against Brentford who had won four or five away on the trot.
So much for the much-vaunted enforced break due to the snow, it's done feck-all good for the likes of Lambert, who is still not performing, so some new faces urgently needed during the January window, I think, especially in the striker department.
I know Brentford are doing well, especially away, but I don't like losing to teams like them and I know how ManUre and Liverpool fans felt when we regularly nicked points off them when we were in the PL. How far we have fallen.
I don't want to make any knee-jerk reactions but, despite recent good home form, Saints are not doing as well as we should expect, especially as we are *supposed* to be the favourites. I don't know, something's not right. We were better than Norwich last season, yet they are doing well in the Championship this season (today's bad result against the Cheating Skate Bastards aside!) - what's going wrong?
Crap division, crap teams, shite refs. I want out of it and I don't think that'll happen this season. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs due to inconsistency and a lack of ideas.

not sure Evil or Very Mad
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

BRENTFORD:  Post-match reaction Empty Re: BRENTFORD: Post-match reaction

Post  matty07uk Sat 11 Dec 2010, 6:46 pm

Well unfortunately I was there and this was dire. No passion, no energy, no clue and no subs!

Adkins should be worried not so much by the result but the performance with so many players poor. As soon we heard Barnard and Chaplow were not playing I was worried as these two players provide the energy. We could have been 1 up after a few minutes, Lambert flicked on a cross and Guly met with a powerful header tipped over the bar. Went behind to a sucker goal tame shot straight at Davis who managed to get down and then flap and palm the ball into the net. We should have equalised through Lambert free kick which was tipped around by Lee who had another great game against us and then should have had a clear penalty when a header at far post clearly hit the arm of a Brentford defender. The ref who was gain poor missed and just gave a corner. Second goal, again against the run of play was free kick knocked in Jaidi seemed to be pushed but then Brentford player nipped in first to knock past rooted Davis. Looked like a foul but how can a guy like Jaidi his size get muscled out by a player half his size?

Could have got a goal back on stroke of half time when Lallana had a shot tipped round the post by Lee.

Second half was pretty much one way traffic without us ever looking likely to score. Had a couple of headers again well saved by Lee but both in the air and good height for goalie, doesn't anyone head the ball downwards anymore?

Amazingly Adkins didnt bring on any subs until 82nd minute when he took of Lambert for Connolly.No idea why he didnt make changes earlier if only to show his displeasure with the players. Chamberlain went into the middle with Guly wide left second half but didnt have any real impact. Midfield pair of Hammond and Scheniderlin were bloody useless. I would sell Schneiderlin at first opportunity when he plays we seem to lose all momentum and he only ever passes sideways or backwards. Hammond was poor but he seems to play worse when alongside Schneiderlin. Just about everyone was poor. From Davis who should have saved both goals and his kicking was awful, Jaidi and Seaborne were both useless and cumbersome, no midfield, Chamberlain ended up going nowhere, Guly ineffective and Lambert just plain awful.

Lambert is another player I would get rid of in January as something has happened off the field and he doesnt want to be here. We are being hindered in our promotion prospects with having our main striker not interested Barnard injured and a court case, Connolly never does more than 10 minutes and Guly to inconsistent. We need strikers Nicola!

Davis 4 very bad day at the office
Butterfield 5 no link play and hacked the ball aimlessly forward
Jaidi 4 Gave good impression of Donkey Kong
Seaborne 4 torrid afternoon
Dickson 5 little going forward.
Lallana 7 only main threat all day
Schneiderlin 4 Another one who has ideas above his station so time to say goodbye for me
Hamnmon 4 no pace no threat unable to tackle
Chamberlain 5 disappointing game but cant expect a 17 year old to turn a team of senior pros around
Lambert 3 beyond a joke now and would fine him for such an inept performance, 10k a week ur having a laugh
Guly 5 ran around a bit and had a decent header but would release him in Jan, bring back Papa.

Subs
Adkins forgot he had any!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down