SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STILL A CHANCE TO PUT PLAYERS ON LOAN

3 posters

Go down

STILL A CHANCE TO PUT PLAYERS ON LOAN Empty STILL A CHANCE TO PUT PLAYERS ON LOAN

Post  Worzel Wed 03 Sep 2008, 11:12 am

Okay, Jan is reported to be welcoming players like Skacel and Euall back into the fold, but over the next couple of weeks some of the Championship clubs and European sides will be looking for cover and we have to believe that if SFC have the opportunity to reduce the wages bill for 6 to 9 months they will. So, don't count on the likes of Davies, Skacel, Euall, Surman, John necessarily being around for long. Should any of the youngsters sparkle over the next 3 months, watch them disappear in the January transfer window. I've resigned myself to spells of entertaining football and dismal results.
Worzel
Worzel
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

STILL A CHANCE TO PUT PLAYERS ON LOAN Empty Re: STILL A CHANCE TO PUT PLAYERS ON LOAN

Post  bloop Wed 03 Sep 2008, 11:49 am

Is Surman a particularly high earner? Can't see why we'd loan him to save on wages, I'd imagine we'd sell him for a couple of million though . So bye bye in January perhaps.

If we can get rid of the high earning pro's, we should be less desperate to sell. But if a prem club came in for any player, they'd probably go. Regardless of whether we needed the money or not. That's just the way it is.

I've resigned myself to good football, inconsistent results and a general feeling of moving in the right direction. No matter how helpless we are to the greed rotting the game of football.
bloop
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

STILL A CHANCE TO PUT PLAYERS ON LOAN Empty Re: STILL A CHANCE TO PUT PLAYERS ON LOAN

Post  SFC Forever Wed 03 Sep 2008, 6:36 pm

If Lowe is serious about returning the club to a semblance of security surely he must keep the kids unless a really extravagant offer comes in. John we need even if only for the immediate future.He can teach a lot and help show our young forwards the ropes whether in first or second team. Though great to see Killer back he needs pace beside him. Have we made a mistake letting Davies go or can Ollie fill the breach. Can our manager play more than one type of football. Our youngsters need guidance from on the field and they won't get much if they see teams flying by our defence at will. Other clubs know we have a problem and have therefore been paying less than some players are worth.
Lowe must have reached the end or at least be near to the end of our player give away. He has bought one youngster and tried to get another so there has to be some funds available if needed.
What we need to do is get behind the team irrespective of results. SOUTHAMPTON FC is our team and we are the backbone. IF WE TAKE AWAY OUR SUPPORT WE WEAKEN OUR TEAM. Is that what we really want? Do we want to see games being played in the Conference? I don't and can't believe Lowe wants that either so lets pray that at last he knows exactly what he is doing. I am sure he would rather die having made us big again rather than having finished us off.
THE SUPPORTERS ARE THE TEAM. SO LET US SHOW THE WAY FORWARD. LET US MAKE A NOISE AND TELL THE TEAM WE ARE ONE TOGETHER.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down