SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MK DONS POST-MATCH REACTION

+3
Alf Tupper
Perennial Underachiever
SaintMike
7 posters

Go down

MK DONS POST-MATCH REACTION Empty MK DONS POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Sat 24 Oct 2009, 11:42 am

Put it here.....
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

MK DONS POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: MK DONS POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 24 Oct 2009, 5:46 pm

Needless to say, like all Saints fans I am more than happy. Four wins on the trot (five if you count the JPT game), moving on up, best squad in the league, scoring goals, scoring goals from more than one source, manager who knows how and when to change things round (for the first time in God-knows-how-long), team who have the balls to come back from behind to win (again, for the first time in ages)...

The only negative, we do need to learn to keep clean sheets.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tupper Sat 24 Oct 2009, 5:49 pm

Could not get any pictures today (sought permission from stewards but got a no). Anyway, great performance. I can't understand how we went 1-0 down. I'd like to see the incident that led to the free kick again. But our work rtae, creativity and the closing down was very good. Absolutely delighted. Very Happy
Alf Tupper
Alf Tupper
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 2108
Job/hobbies : Media Operations
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 24 Oct 2009, 6:04 pm

wooo!!

AP for Manager of the Month

cheers
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sat 24 Oct 2009, 7:18 pm

Just got back and I am feeling better than i have for years. The team were the dominant force in the first half but could not get a goal. One that stood anyway.
Alf it didn't look like a free kick to us behind the goal. Though Kelvin was badly at fault and was caught flat footed for a free kick which nearly went down the middle of the goal.
Last season we would have known that we were going to be well and truly stuffed after dominating so much, only to let in such a sloppy goal. We were very quiet at half time as we wondered how the players would re-act to going behind. We could not believe what we had seen.
We soon found out as we came out all guns blazing. This team has a heart and AP has to be praised for the way he has injected belief and a fighting spirit.Two subs were made early and almost immediately they took effect. Antonio used his size and pace to start causing problems down our right flank for the Dons.
Hammond scored a well taken goal and it was game on as we continuously outfought the opposition. Again and again we pressed forward and it was another sorty from Antonio that led to our second goal. In what must have been a training ground routine Lallana gently passed the ball into space in their box for Rickie to run onto and caress into the net. The ground erupted and all of a sudden we knew that we had regained a team to support with pride.
The Dons tried the occasional sortie into our half but we simply outmuscled them and grew ever stronger and more determined. Finally we saw something that was caused yet again by our pressure. Their defender underhit a backpass to his keeper and in nipped Connelly to stroke the ball home almost nonchalently. The noise was deafening and we barely heard the ref blow for full time. The atmosphere was electric as we stood applauding the team off the pitch.
I have not felt as good after a game for many a long year. I am even contemplating the unthinkable and feel promotion could yet be on the cards. After such a poor start and with the 10 points as well I, like most was thinking that maybe we would consolidate this season and go for broke next. Jaidhi was immense again as was Trotman. I pray we are allowed to keep him till the end of the season, at least. Surman has not been missed which speaks for itself. Lallana has improved beyond recognition. Lambert impresses me every time I see him play. Hammond has stitched the midfield together enough for Wotton to get a regular slot. On top of all this we have a manager that seems to know what he is doing. His subs today were good and the doubters will be silent tonight.

All in all a very good day at the office and one which gives us all a lot of hope for the future. The crowd was singing and chanting well after the game. A big gate can be expected for the Charlton game.

Last edited by SFC Forever on Sun 25 Oct 2009, 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sat 24 Oct 2009, 7:19 pm

teamsaint wrote:wooo!!

AP for Manager of the Month

cheers

I would suggest that that is a bloody good bet TS
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  parkiey Sun 25 Oct 2009, 12:38 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
parkiey
parkiey
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sun 25 Oct 2009, 6:04 pm

Davis 6 Didn't really have anything to do. Might have been at fault for goal.
James 7 Good delivery for two of the goals but a bit too slow in defense.
Trotman 9 Almost perfect won everything in the air, always in the right place and has improved his composure and passing. When we signed Jaidi some people were worried that we had two centre backs who preferred to stay in the middle and that we needed one who would chase out wide but Trotman has filled this role well and him and Jaidi have a very good understanding now.
Jaidi 8 As usual great in the air but probably shouldn't have given away free kick for their goal
Harding 7 Solid as normal never let anyone past.
Papa 6 Caught offside a lot and didn't really run to the right places.
Wotton 7 Broke up play well. I thought it was a bit of a risk to take him off but it certainly worked as Hammond and Morgan got more of the ball.
Hammond 7 Quiet in the first half but got more of the ball once Wotton came off and drove us forward.
Schneiderlin 7 Kept things moving in midfield and tried to spread play whenever he could.
Lallana 7 Some great bits of skill and made a few openings for us.
Lambert 7 Very isolated in the first half but we used him properly in the second half and he took his goal well.

Subs:
Antonio 8 Came on and was a massive improvement on Papa. Strong and quick and always went straight to the byline to get crosses in which was great.
Connolly 7 For someone who has been injured for a long time he looked very sharp and energetic and I think he will score loads for us. Our Michael Owen.
Mills 6 Didn't have very long but chased around a bit
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 25 Oct 2009, 7:07 pm

Sorry no posts before game but been in sunny (he joked!) Scotland and flew back into southampton this afternoon. Great result and from phone call with my mate an all round good performance and he commented if MK Dons are one of the top sides then no one on current form we shouldn't beat. At least I will be at Orient on saturday to make up for missing yesterday.

Another Monday morning going to work with smile on face!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 25 Oct 2009, 11:52 pm

Getting to be a really good habit Matty. Long may it continue. I have seen all home games, and an away, which has me wondering whether we should fear any team in our division.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 26 Oct 2009, 10:44 pm

I'm really looking forward to playing Leeds as that will be the best test we can have. What is encouraging is we now have genuine competition for places. When Murty returns to fitness, and now dont have to rush him back, will improve the RB position. Thomas and Perry give us cover at CB, Mellis and James can push for midfield slots, Schneiderlin looks like beginning to find his feet, and Connolly and Antonio will keep the pressure on Papa who will hopefully one day learn the offside rule.

See AP was at the Reading Leicester game tonight probably looking to extend the loan period for Antonio. I would like to see us make a bid for Trotman before his loan expires, not sure if Preston will be willing to deal though as must had had good feedback
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content