SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS FROM OTHER WEBSITES

+4
Vegassaint
Perennial Underachiever
SFC Forever
SaintMike
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NEWS FROM OTHER WEBSITES - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWS FROM OTHER WEBSITES

Post  Southampton my Home Mon 18 Jan 2010, 10:40 am

I have to agree with most of this posted on another Saints fans site today:

This week beings another break for saints, in a way, from the crucial league program anyways. I would be disappointed if we lost a Wembley day out, so I hope we go for it at MK Dons this midweek. But after that against Ipswich I hope AP perhaps considers using the FA cup to try out some fringe players and bed in new blood. Sorry but for me, the next weeks 2 league games are far more important.

Brentford away and Stockport at SMS have to be viewed as a must get 6 points! That is not to say I believe we are better than them both and have a right to win, it is a simple truth that if we are serious about closing that 12 point gap to the play offs, then we have to win these games. That in turn means that this week’s cup distractions must be to a certain extent be viewed as opportunities for experimenting.

The news that midfield star Hammond could be out for two weeks has I see this morning, prompted Pardew to step up his search for a new midfielder. It seems, if this mornings press stories are true that Doncaster are holding out for 800K for Stock, and we were not playing ball. It maybe now that Pardew sees no option but to go cap in hand to Markus and Nicola to get this money and get his man. That or play Wotton in that role for the next two weeks or so.

I rate Wotton in the role he is used in when we go flat out 4-5-1, but in any other respect, no, we need a new man. Saturday also made it clear that we do need a new front man also. DC is never fit enough, and Lambert needs a partner. Jackson of Gillingham was spoken of and I hear he is full of pace etc, just what we need alongside Lambert so we can put Lallana back in the role he is best at.

Pardew says we still need to win 14 out of the last 21. This we can do, but we will have to get two more new players in my opinion or forget it. We also need to trim the squad off loading players like Saga, Pullis and many more who simply will not figure in the second half of this season. January is turning into a crucial month. Get a new midfielder and a new striker and 14 out of 21 is not scary at all with the team we have.

I will be keeping my eyes wide open all over the net to see if anyone is coming in as this is going to be the key to the remainder of this season for sure.
Southampton my Home
Southampton my Home
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Tue 19 Jan 2010, 10:46 pm

I also agree with most of what has been said. I will be going Saturday for Ipswich game and wont object if some of the fringe players are played. I would have Lambert on bench and start Waigo and Paterson. Would like to see Holmes get another game and if Gillet is back why not start him as Hammond out and no point him doing.

Also agree off loading players. Saga, Lancashire, Pulis, Molyneaux, Thomson, Gobern, Poke could all be released without affecting the squad in my view and if no bids in or free transfers terminate their contracts so we can have a smaller squad where team spirit can be built.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Tue 19 Jan 2010, 10:53 pm