SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...News!...

5 posters

Go down

...News!... Empty ...News!...

Post  teamsaint Fri 29 May 2009, 3:52 pm

teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

...News!... Empty Re: ...News!...

Post  praying for a miracle Fri 29 May 2009, 9:16 pm

well , let's hope something gets sorted , and bloody soon!!!....my nerves can't take any more of this ....... pale

(good to see that the staff are getting paid....worrying times for them, indeed)
praying for a miracle
praying for a miracle
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO

Male
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 30 May 2009, 4:30 am

Let's hope that the sale is done quickly and doesn't fall through or anything. Even more that we can get back into the Championship quickly.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  A Pagansaint Sat 30 May 2009, 6:25 pm

oh happy days
A Pagansaint
A Pagansaint
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 148
Job/hobbies : local goverment
Humor : wicked with a hint of sarcasm
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sat 30 May 2009, 10:37 pm

Tony Lynam has apparantly gone public and said that he has one seriously wealthy backer. MLT will be part of the club in some manner and was praised for his knowledge of the game. Though we don't know for certain that the deal will go through it is looking very good. I might even be able to sleep with a smile on my face. Hopefully wewill soon learn who the backer behind Pinnacle actually is.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 31 May 2009, 5:05 pm

For those who wish to see what is on another site. It was written because of contact with the admin and some members.

Quote:

Dear All

I have been contacted by a large number of people that use this forum given our entering into an exclusivity period for the purchase of Southampton Leisure Holdings (which to the man on the street and pretty much all supporters relates the Club itself).

One of the Administrators from this site, Rob, has asked me to do a short session where you may pose questions to me concerning our impending takeover. I will be more than happy to oblidge, in due course.

I will however in the meantime offer you a few words of comfort. You will no doubt have seen various articles in news papers, news clips etc. I was originally asked by a group of 4 very wealthy business people to become involved with their proposed takeover of SFC. I politely declined their offer of 'employment' since I just knew that because this was such a public matter, my own life for a short period of time would enter into the media circus. As many of you who know me personally will know, I am far from a shy retiring character, but equally I don't enjoy people phoning me up asking my business, or shoving cameras outside of my office, or even home. The more harsh of you could perhaps joke that I "have a face for radio"!

In the end, the group/consortium changed my mind, and to be honest I am now quite glad that they did. Part of what changed my mind was a chat over a coffee with Matt (Le Tissier), where I could see the pure passion and belief that we could make this a success, with the right backing. What followed was a crazy few weeks of working 24/7, by myself and numerous others. That work was geared at arriving to the point that my client was willing to make an offer - not just to buy the club (that's the easy part), but to buy into the concept of sustained investment over the medium-long term to make this great club a success. When I projected the sheer cost of this, a couple of the guys were a little less willing to throw cheques at me. Ultimately I have in fact now entered into this "exclusivity agreement" on behalf of ONE client only. And myself, Matt and others involved are very pleased with that. Gone are the days of petty squabbles. Our one client has SUBSTANTIAL wealth - several hundred million. Irrespective of this however, I am looking at this as a business which can stand on its two feet. But we have the comfort of knowing that if myself/Matt/colleagues make a recommendation for investment (be this for players/staff whatever), it will be catered for.

Matt will have a pivotal role at the club - and I would urge you all to never under estimate this mans ability. You all know of his amazing skills as a footballer. As a friend of his for a number of years, I also know the other side of Matt, and believe me, he has a very wise head on those shoulders.

We now have 20 days (the clock started ticking yesterday) to get down to the serious business. We'll let the legal people do what they have to for the delisting process of the PLC, transferring of assets to the new holding company, repayment of debt to creditors, and handing over of title to me (on behalf of my client). Meanwhile, Matt and myself and colleagues will be formalising football matters. I'll rely more on their knowledge of the beautiful game, and they'll rely on me to get our client to fund their plans. Its quite simple. This is now a time for unity, and I really do hope that I get all of your support, and the support of the wider community to make this club great again. I will stop at nothing to make this happen guys - but I need bums on seats AND support to achieve this. Together, we can have a club to be proud of once more (and there's me a boyhood Liverpool fan saying that!).

You will understand that I will not have the time to be a regular visitor to this forum, but I wish you all the best. Its a nice day out there, so take your kids out to play, or the missus down to the beach......... or of course make some excuse to have a pint at 3pm and enjoy the FA Cup Final. Whatever takes your fancy, have a nice weekend.

Best wishes
Tony Lynam
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 31 May 2009, 5:10 pm

From my point of view this is a good start. A lot of sense has been written and there is a feeling around the consortium that the job will be done.
I hope this cheers our missing members such as Perennial. This reads better now than when I first read it though there are numerous questions that need answering before we can completely relax. Must admit I am looking forward to the answers that come across when questioned further as to the plans for the immediate future and beyond.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content