SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW DO WE RID OURSELVES OF LOWE AND JAN

5 posters

Go down

HOW DO WE RID OURSELVES OF LOWE AND JAN Empty HOW DO WE RID OURSELVES OF LOWE AND JAN

Post  SFC Forever Tue 06 Jan 2009, 8:04 pm

Seen on several sites now is a growing call for us the fans to take a united stand against the board and management at our club.Various suggestions have been aired. Is there any way forward from this mess that is sustainable or do we have to wait for administration? Thoughts please.
We have been offered things such as Boycotts, Marches, leaving the ground early at various times.Having a total boycott which would hurt the club but those not going to the game parading outside so strength of feeling can be seen. More ideas have been aired so what can we do.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

HOW DO WE RID OURSELVES OF LOWE AND JAN Empty Re: HOW DO WE RID OURSELVES OF LOWE AND JAN

Post  littleoldladysaint Wed 07 Jan 2009, 11:31 am

SFC Forever wrote:Seen on several sites now is a growing call for us the fans to take a united stand against the board and management at our club.Various suggestions have been aired. Is there any way forward from this mess that is sustainable or do we have to wait for administration? Thoughts please.
We have been offered things such as Boycotts, Marches, leaving the ground early at various times.Having a total boycott which would hurt the club but those not going to the game parading outside so strength of feeling can be seen. More ideas have been aired so what can we do.

There does'nt seem to be any quick or easy answer to the problem. I do not think Lowe will go of his own accord unless absolute disaster hits us. I also think that Wilde is definitely the weak link and is certainly keeping a low profile at the moment. In my opinion, we need the media to keep up or hopefully increase their negative reporting (perhaps a constant barrage of complaints from Saints fans to newspapers readers columns and on radio/TV phone-ins would help). If Wilde's nerve cracks and he sells his shares (meaning he would take a substantial loss) that would certainly help to undermine Lowe and then maybe, just maybe, his supporters amongst the large shareholders would finally see the writing on the wall and either sell their shares (assuming that there is a buyer), or withdraw their support and look for another CEO. Not a neat and clean solution I know and I would not like to see Saints getting such bad press but I cannot think of any alternative. 😢 😢
littleoldladysaint
littleoldladysaint
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

HOW DO WE RID OURSELVES OF LOWE AND JAN Empty Money is what it will take

Post  Worzel Wed 07 Jan 2009, 5:34 pm

Assume that there are 15,000 stalwart fans and another 5,000 that would really like to see a change of ownership.
That's 20,000 people.
The Club has a valuation of around £6m. As soon as there is any real activity in share trading the price will increase according to the willingness (desperation) of existing shareholders to realise some value from their stock ahead of an inevitable administration. So, assume that with some rapid share trading the valuation increase to £10m - already 20%+ of shares are held by the anti-Lowe brigade, so say £8m needs to be found to buy out the rest.
That means 20,000 people investing an average of £400 each.
The new Shareholders can then appoint a proper board that can attract real investment, something that Lowe, Wilde nor Crouch were unable to do.
It needs a dynamic Chairman, a City based CEO and a credible Manager - even in today's fiscal environment the right proposition will get the financial support it deserves.
Worzel
Worzel
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

HOW DO WE RID OURSELVES OF LOWE AND JAN Empty Re: HOW DO WE RID OURSELVES OF LOWE AND JAN

Post  Sparkle Wed 07 Jan 2009, 7:39 pm

Share prices get much lower and someone might start unloading before losing everything. Administration while being something we don't want could at least get rid of the board as it is now. Problem then would be as to who picks up the pieces. What punishment would we face and how much lower would we have to drop before starting the climb back to the top.
If 20,000 supporters all paid £100 into a saints trust fund that would make £2million. Right now that amount would hardly help us to ease the burden. It would simply delay the final outcome. However if in a trust waiting patiently for the day it would be useful it could help us gain a small foothold in our own club. The trust could poll its base when needed to gain a decision on any votes needed at say an AGM in the future. I know that there isn't that many who would be prepared to do this but it is something that shows a way out. Just as someone coming in and buying out the club and paying of the debts seems to be a faint hope.
So for us it is just a matter of cheering on the boys and praying for a miracle. When it comes please let it be one that leads us upwards and away for ever from this feeling of despair that prevails at the moment.
As Worzel says £400 would be even better. And as I suggest putting all into a trust fund for starters as this seems the safest course,£8 million would indeed be a much better starting war chest.

SFC Forever

Last edited by Sparkle on Wed 07 Jan 2009, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparkle
Sparkle
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 1472
Job/hobbies : Dancing,Listening 2 music,Working wid children nd archery
Humor : Family Humor
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Wed 07 Jan 2009, 7:57 pm

I have to say I don't think the solution to money problems for football clubs should have to be fans paying more money. Fans invest enough money as it is and it is the players who need to take less wage and the club's who need to pay them less wage that are the problem. With the foreign investment in the likes of Man City making an even bigger gap between those who have money and those who don't, it's not the fans who should have to make it up. Okay I'm sure many fans would want to help out their clubs financially, but at the end of the day the reason football club's have to spend so much money is because of players.

Not really relevant to trying to buy shares off Lowe and Wilde, but it's because of financial problems that they have returned.

Last edited by teamsaint on Wed 07 Jan 2009, 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkle Wed 07 Jan 2009, 8:03 pm

PS
With a fund ready we would probably be able to buy some shares for their current value or less as the value drops. I believe the banks would appreciate a takeover especially if done with their assistance. Barcleys seems to be a good place to lodge the money. That would achieve two things. First the bank would see the colour of our money. Second it would be able to help and advise as to what we could expect from them and others when the shares are moving. They would also see that with cooperation it could calm the fears that they have regarding the future.
Money would still be tight. It is likely to be for the foreseeable future but at least we would have the chance of seeing sanity brought back to the club. The legalities would hopefully be covered by some knowledgable supporters for a small/free fee. There must be a legal whiz somewhere amongst our support who could perform the necessary for us.
Of the £8million we would want to spend as little as possible on expenses. We wouldn't want our money to disappear on any thing unnessary. Setting up a trust would be the most important step as it would need the full support of all involved. If more people became involved, or people put double the stake in, the fund could grow even more. Before any shares were bought however we would need to know that our shares would be safe. Once the money was lodged we would need to be able to talk to the creditors to see what they need and also what they can offer. Time being the main necessity that we would need.
Publicity for the move would I feel be beneficial. Bigger gates I'd expect as we would want to see our money protected. Added to the fact that it is our club first and foremost. All in all if such a scheme could be arranged I feel it would save our club.

Sorry people she told me she had logged me in. Should have looked.
SFC Forever
Sparkle
Sparkle
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 1472
Job/hobbies : Dancing,Listening 2 music,Working wid children nd archery
Humor : Family Humor
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down