SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowe's worst 2 mistakes

3 posters

Go down

Lowe's worst 2 mistakes Empty Lowe's worst 2 mistakes

Post  teamsaint Sun 18 Jan 2009, 9:11 pm

September 2004 - removal of Paul Sturrock, appointment of Steve Wigley
May 2008 - removal of Nigel Pearson, appointement of Jan Poortvliet

almost identical mistakes. only ducky could do such a thing

I am imagining what 2012 will bring, probably Le Tiss sacked and Ali Dia appointed.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Lowe's worst 2 mistakes Empty Re: Lowe's worst 2 mistakes

Post  SFC Forever Sun 18 Jan 2009, 10:30 pm

Letter to Wilde seen on another site

Dear Mr Wilde,

I have been a supporter of the once great Southampton Football Club for 31 years. I have seen the good times, the bad times, the indifferent and the just outright bizarre. I have missed maybe 6 home matches in the league since 1978, so I like to think that I have some knowledge of football and the “Spirit of Southampton”.

I left the Doncaster match on 17/1/09 at the end, unlike yourself I believe, and as I walked back to my car I can honestly say that I have NEVER had the same sense of foreboding as I have now about the future of our club. It is the first time in those 31 years that I have lacked the one feeling that all football supporters, whether they follow Real Madrid or Eastleigh should have, and that is the feeling of hope.

As I say, I understand you left when the first songs of protest against the Chairman of the PLC began. That’s a shame as you would have witnessed one of the saddest sites I have ever seen whilst supporting the Saints, and that was of supporters actually fighting each other. How can a football club survive and move forward when their own fan base is so split that there are fights between the very people who should be the lifeblood of a football club?

May I take this opportunity to respectfully remind you that supporters are the paying customers. We do not get in for free, we do not enjoy corporate hospitality (neither it appears does David Armstrong who was removed from one of the suites whilst visiting friends. Tell me Mr Wilde, how many games over how many seasons did he play with distinction for this club ? If Matthew Le Tissier had been told to leave there would have been a riot. This is how the once family club Southampton treat their former players is it ? ), We simply turn up week in week out and pay our money in the hope of being entertained and see our team win. The fact that we are treated so poorly by those that run the club, especially in a time of deep financial turmoil when I would have thought the club needed the supporters more than ever, is beyond my comprehension.

Again, Mr Wilde, unlike yourself I attended the AGM just before Christmas. Such a shame that you could not be there because I feel the behaviour and attitude of the PLC Chairman towards the shareholders who are not in his clique was appalling. The arrogance and pomposity and his preference for talking down to people was really at the height of its powers. It was shameful. Even his old public school fag, Mr Cowen, looked embarrassed and awkward.

As you may have noted, I have not mentioned him by name, I cannot bring myself to do so, the very thought of what one individual has done to the football club I support and love makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. You were heralded as a hero when you ousted him from Southampton back in 2006. Please explain to me how on earth you can seriously do a complete turnabout and support him, hence allowing him back into this football club to continue in the same way as was so abhorrent to you in the first place that you spent millions on shares to oust him ?

How many good people have left this club since the PLC Chairman came back ? Liz Cowley, Woggy Taylor and Graham Hiley to name just three. Two of them went because of what ? Cost cutting ? No, every company the size of this needs a Secretary, you know that as well as I do. And do we now assume the players wash and put out their own kit ? People were dismissed because they had at one point or another, probably under your initial stewardship ironically, spoken out against him. That is petty, vindictive and just plain nasty. This is the sort of person you now feel comfortable supporting is it Mr Wilde ?

As I have said your decision not to attend the AGM, and to leave the Doncaster game as soon as a protest song about the PLC Chairman is entirely up to you, of course it is. But there comes a point when closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears so that you see and hear nothing does nothing. There are none so blind as those who will NOT see. You are unfortunately supremely guilty of this Mr Wilde.

I implore you to consider what you have done to the club and its supporters by allowing this man back into the club to rule it like a dictatorship, to carry out and worse still persevere with this ludicrous Dutch experiment that everybody can see is just not working. For the love of God Mr Wilde act now and rid this club once and for all of the PLC Chairman before there is no club left. He will kill Southampton FC and the “Spirit of Southampton”. Do you really want to be known as the man who gave him the weapon to do so ?

Yours truly,

beatlesaint

I think a lot of people will agree with these sentiments
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 18 Jan 2009, 10:35 pm

Personally I think Lowes biggest ever mistake regarding SFC was actually purchasing shares. We were doomed from that day on.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sun 18 Jan 2009, 10:35 pm

I do Very Happy
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sun 18 Jan 2009, 10:36 pm

SFC Forever wrote:Personally I think Lowes biggest ever mistake regarding SFC was actually purchasing shares. We were doomed from that day on.

very true, and Souness realised it from day 1!
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Mon 19 Jan 2009, 11:35 am

Steven Howard has written a short article in the Sun about Lowe and would you believe he is not very complimentary. Basically he says we used to be a well run club and then Lowe arrived. He brought down to the championship and now he has returned he is taking us down again.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Mon 19 Jan 2009, 5:37 pm

teamsaint wrote:I do Very Happy

Same here. I saw that letter on the other site and thought it was excellent.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Mon 19 Jan 2009, 5:42 pm

I totally agree but even then some had to try discouraging the poster.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Mon 19 Jan 2009, 11:00 pm

Is it possible that Lowe is making another mistake by underestimating the strength of feeling of the real Saints fans? A groundswell of support for demonstrations etcetera is quickly building. A boycott could even be on the cards. Unity is the only way for us to stop the man totally deatroying our club. We have to stop the infighting and show that we are as one.Anybody can join in and if the prefered choice is chosen it will not harm our club but will show that we mean business. I am against anyone destroying my chosen club and defy anyone to say that they are happy with the current regime. Some form of peacefull demonstration is in the offing and I pray that the hotheads do not interfere. Far better a large peaceful organised act than a few angry men squabbling amongst each other. If we continue to fight with each other we will lose any hope of ending this boards reign. In fact we could help Lowe finish the club as we know/knew it, once and for all.
When legends can be removed from our club, we have to be able to show that we know how bad the club is being run. Papers are now picking up on the severity of our position and that could quicken the fight if the media is used wisely. Lowe has surely run out of time and now we have to show him whose club this really is. To my knowledge the club has been supported by my family for over 80 years. My son wants to support them and as he is an impressionable 5 year old I don't want him to witness me or others in acts of aggression or worse, violence. Apart from which his mother would blatantly refuse me the permission to take him anymore to see games.
I love my club and if I have to show my support by standing outside the stadium I will. The leech has to be given the word that our blood is no longer available. He will have to find something else to suck dry.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content