SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Adkins - One year in charge

2 posters

Go down

Nigel Adkins - One year in charge Empty Nigel Adkins - One year in charge

Post  Nostromo Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:09 pm

Nigel Adkins has been here a year now. When he was appointed I was one of the underwhelmed but, so far, he's doing a fantastic job.

There's an article on the BBC sports website about him (complete with corny pun title): 'The Adkins diet gets Saints in shape'
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Nigel Adkins - One year in charge Empty Re: Nigel Adkins - One year in charge

Post  matty07uk Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:09 pm

well I was one of those who thought Adkins would be a good signing as knew he would be loyal and honest, traits lacking in large numbers of people involved in football.

still want to see him sign some top players but then again not sure he that much influence other than point out the players. Yeah sometimes think he gets the team to be over elaborate but cannot deny he trys to follow his principles of open attractive football. Biggest success for me he has taen the idndivuals that were here and turned them into a team, playing for each other and the team. That for me has been the decidng factor behind our success over last 12 months.

Looking forward to a long spell with Adkins in charge, even if I get shirty on match days when he doesnt listen to my advice!!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down