SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORIENT POST-MATCH REACTION

4 posters

Go down

ORIENT POST-MATCH REACTION Empty ORIENT POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Sat 21 Aug 2010, 9:20 am

Put it here..........
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

ORIENT POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: ORIENT POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:14 pm

That wasn't great. Bright start and a goal from Lambert and it all looked good, until some dozy defending cost Saints. The second half was abject.

Very, very disappointing start to the season. AP needs to get it sorted ASAP as I think that Nicola Cortese will not be as patient this season. Even bloody Bournemouth have got off to a flying start with 8 goals in two games. I know we are traditional slow starters, but it's ridiculous there's no reason for it and if the club wants to be successful they need to cut out these slow starts. The one season the team needs to hit the gound running, as the cliche goes, and the team hits the ground and falls over.

I'm not panicking (yet), but Saints need to get their sh*t together and bloody soon. And no crap excuses about pressure, please. Title favourites? Not on the evidence so far. I bet other fans are pissing themselves laughing, indeed the little Cherries have already started.

Come on, AP, sort it out FFS.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Classics Sun 22 Aug 2010, 8:39 am

Pardew hasn't got what it takes and is just awaiting the chop as he won't resign and dip out on the pay off.

With his interview on Solent he struck me as a manager who no longer really cares and I think it shows on the pitch.
Terrace Classics
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:49 am

I get the feeling that the death of Markus may have brought Pardew a little more time, but unless things are looking up before October I think he will be gone.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 22 Aug 2010, 1:10 pm

I don't agree. We have been let down by our inability to stop the opponents playing. Primarily this is down to the likes of our insufficient midfield. Hammond and Schneiderlin are just not capable of doing it and Puncheon seems not to know how to backtrack all the time.
Bring Dickson into midfield and let Lallana have a go on the right. After all he is right footed and more than capable of doing the job there.
Barnard was so unlucky yesterday with the shots that beat the keeper but hit the post. Once he has scored I hope he can go on a scoring glut because to date he has not really done the business.
So we all know that the midfield is our weak spot yet nothing seems to be getting done about it. Who is to blame for that?
If we have not started winning in the next two or three games I reckon Pardew will be history.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sun 22 Aug 2010, 2:02 pm

The lack of transfer activity to address the woefully thin squad and the weak midfield also bothers me. Pardew is saying he's being patient and doesn't want people who are only in it for another season's pay but, frankly, who cares? It doesn't matter if they are only in it for the money as long as they can do the job - hell, I'm only in my job for the money, I don't really care much for it yet while I am doing it I'll do it to the best of my ability.
This stupid waiting game's going to cost us. I can see Pardew waiting until deadline day and the club missing out on good players while he ponces about.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down