SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLYMOUTH POST-MATCH REACTION

4 posters

Go down

PLYMOUTH POST-MATCH REACTION Empty PLYMOUTH POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Sat 07 Aug 2010, 10:49 am

Put it here..........
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

PLYMOUTH POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: PLYMOUTH POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 07 Aug 2010, 2:15 pm

I can't afford to go to the matches at the moment so I listened to the radio commentary. That was f*cking SH IT. We had tons of chances, failed to convert any of them, due to toothlessness up front and lost, thanks to shambolic defending. We missed Lambert, Antonio and Papa Waigo. Saints should have done more to keep the latter two and we need someone to come in for RL when he's injured. We need at least 2 more quality players but preferably 3 or 4.

Plymouth were f*cking awful, we should have beaten them but, again, we shot ourselves in both feet.

Gutted and more than a tad pissed off. We can't afford stupid slow starts every season.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 07 Aug 2010, 4:10 pm

Just spent 25 minutes with full report and went missing, now I am totally pi**ed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 07 Aug 2010, 4:29 pm

Cant be bothered to repeat my lenghty rant I just completed but disappeared just as I finished. bottom line is poor performance by team and Pardew takes the blame. his team, his tactics, his pre season, his lack of passion. carries on with repeat performances like this he will be sacked and I actually wouldnt complain after todays showing

Davis 6 didnt have much to do but if he left his legs together would have stopped goal
Butterfield 7 Did okay but had some chances 1st half to shoot but seems to have caught the saints bug don't shoot.
Fonte 6 did okay
Jaidi 3 Did he go on pre season? Overweight, slow and didnt seem to care, Martin or Seaborne please
harding 5 poor game poor distribution and could have stopped the goal, Dickson arrival has clearly affected him
Dickson 6 okay but not a midfield player so didnt bring any creativity
Schneiderlin 6 best of a poor bunch
Hammond 4 poor game which got worse as it went on, couple of headers he could have scored with and failed to pass to his own team
Puncheon 6 at least had a couple of shots but wasted free kicks, some one else take please but for me doesnt put the work rate in which is why midfield gets over run
Connolly 5 no threat at all
Barnard 6 at least more effort but no shots on goal no support form midfield
Subs
Lallana 6 says it all that he came closest to scoring when only half fit
Holmes 0 What was that all about, Mr Pardrew 90 minutes gone before used, did you know we were losing??

Manager
Pardew 3 he showed no passion all day, didnt change it when we went behind, and his usual inspirational half time talk meant, just like last season we came out half asleep in second half conceding straight away. Just what does he say to them??

Might add some more comments about game later when in a better mood but don't kid yourselves well it was against a Championship side. Plymouth were poor compared to many sides we saw last year just typical Reid side, two banks of four and hit it long. If we can't beat these sides dont even bank on Play Offs and going up as Champions is way off the mark.
Not sure what it is but something is not right with this squad, complacency, work ethic, arrogance not sure but think Pardew has just 6 games to get wins or Cortese will act swiftly
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Sun 08 Aug 2010, 2:39 am