SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRENTFORD POST-MATCH REACTION

3 posters

Go down

BRENTFORD POST-MATCH REACTION Empty BRENTFORD POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Tue 26 Jan 2010, 11:02 am

Put it here.......
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

BRENTFORD POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: BRENTFORD POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  teamsaint Tue 26 Jan 2010, 9:44 pm

AP has said it plenty of times so hopefully he is trying to stop it, but we continually let teams back into games when we should go on to win. Unless we can be ruthless and kill off these types of games when in front then we will not get to 6th.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Tue 26 Jan 2010, 9:54 pm

That was absolutely ABYSMAL. The team selection was weird and if it weren't for Davis we'd have been dicked out of sight. Frankly, it was embarrassing. No disrespect to Brentford, but it is annoying and embarrassing to be under the cosh like that for almost an entire half.

We were lucky to get a point because we were so poor and while I don't think a point is a terrible result (it isn't, certainly not away) I do think any realistic chance of the play offs has gone now. While I don't think for one moment that the team should give up, I think the most we, as fans, can realistically hope for is winning the JPT and compounding the Skates' horrible season. As the play-offs were only a remote possibility at the beginning of the season I am not too unhappy, but poor performances and throwing away leads is just annoying. I wish we'd play for the entire 90 minutes plus stoppages and not just for a half, or the first or last ten minutes. We made it too easy for Brentford as we do to all teams. We don't break them up enough. We need to kill games off but we don't.

15th, 13 points off the playoffs but only 4 points off the relegation zone. We still need that midfield player who can *do something* and make a link between the defence and the blokes up front. Schneiderlin may as well have remained banned for this game as, after he came on, I don't think I heard his name mentioned once.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down