SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CARLISLE POST-MATCH REACTION

3 posters

Go down

CARLISLE POST-MATCH REACTION Empty CARLISLE POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Sat 24 Apr 2010, 10:15 am

Put it here.....
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

CARLISLE POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: CARLISLE POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  matty07uk Sat 24 Apr 2010, 6:32 pm

Will put a full match report in later as off out. Result doesn't reveal the gap between the sides, we should have won by more. Antonio had good game with 2 goals, seaborne bit of a worry as at fault for both goals. Waigo was good as well with touch and control.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sat 24 Apr 2010, 10:51 pm

Game was ok but why is it we don't get free kicks and then see the opponents score? Seaborne bent down to head the ball and was pushed from behind in my eyes which constitutes a foul. I must agree with you that it is a major worry if he is going to be our Centre back next season.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 25 Apr 2010, 11:58 am

Well 3 points and while disappointing that play offs no longer an option well on the way to mount a serious challenge to win the League next year and that has to be the aim.

Similar line up to JPT final with Waigo and Antonio wide but does mean only one central striker and made easier for carlisle as they put 2 players on Lambert all the time. If going to play this then midfield players have to get up to support Lambert. Puncheon and Lallana played central role but certainly first half didn't do. Fairly open game first half with our width giving carlisle plenty of room in the middle though Carlisle didn't really threaten other than from set pieces. Looked like going in at half time with lead thanks to great goal by Antonio half volley from right of goal into opposite side of goal. Couldn't believe we didnt hold to half time only a couple of minutes, long ball in and seaborne completely misjudged and certainly from our end appeared to climb all over Carlisle forward. Free kick just outside box with Harte to take is just the same as penalty. true to form blasted in with Davis no chance. poor defending and lack of concentration.

For once we started second half on fire, knocked the ball around, Antonio got free on right long diagonal ball to Lambert who fired in. few minutes later Antonio cut in from left, seemed to have lost the chance but finally got a shot in which seemed to go through the goalies legs. Could and should have been more, Lallana had a shot well blocked by goalie, waigo had a decent chance put wide and I was feeling really hacked off with seaborne as had 8 -1 on 3 nil and his c**k up first half seemed to have lost my bet when he was obviously trying to make me feel not to bad by indecision which lead to second goal. He may have been fouled in the lead up but if in doubt hack it out! Could also have been a foul on Davis when he tried to collect the ball as Carlisle forward went in with foot up but ref thought he would let them have goal as knew he should have blown for full time anyhow. Amazing it was 4 minutes added on the same as Tuesday when Oldham were wasting time from kick off, think they make it up as they go along.

It was a comfortable win and maybe if more riding on result would have closed up shop and made safe. Antonio will have done his cause no harm with his goals and really depends if Reading want a fee, okay for Div 1 but not sure if a championship player but has potential so if he is cheap worth keeping. Thought Waigo again showed his class with ability to hold the ball, played good passes and think if played more central more of a threat. I'm not sure he will stay another season when his loan runs out and think he will go back to parent club.

Davis 7 no chance with first goal and thought he was fouled for second goal.
Otsemobor 7 better game but Carlisle didnt pose much of a threat down the wings
Fonte 8 holds us together at the back
Seaborne 5 at fault for both goals and really needs to show some improvement with his heading
Harding 6 distribution was poor today
Lallana 6 lost his sparkle last couple of gmes, could be effect of long season or thinking about next season!
Puncheon 7 played in middle and seemed to do okay
Hammond 7 did the less glamorous work in midfield
Waigo 7 good control
Antonio 9 looked a goal threat today which is what he needs to do regularly
Lambert7 lot of work and bagged another goal.

Subs
Barnard 6 no time to do much and think AP isnt giving him a fair crack.
Connolly 6 no time to do anything
McNish 6 nice to see a youngster on the pitch but fairly quiet.

Finally thought the fans were great today, could have been an anti climax as knew after Tuesday no chance of play offs but generated a good atmosphere and really behind team in 1st half even though we weren't great.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Mon 26 Apr 2010, 10:38 am

I agree with most of that. I do wonder whether Wayne Thomas would have been prefered to Semi if he was fit. Seaborne looks like being a miss as does Semi. I think a CB is a must unless one of our reserves can come through in the close season. Add to that a right back and a midfield general. I can see us losing a couple of strikers and I hope Antonio can stay because he does show promise and could in my book go all the way with us. Depends on how much he can learn with us.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 26 Apr 2010, 8:30 pm

I think Thomas would have been preferred but also think he will go in the summer, on large wages for what he is. Still not sure about Seaborne, he has potential but has to learn to be more decisive, think he is struggling to find his feet at a big club at the moment. I dont rate Semi and a strong overlapping FB for me is a must. Think Antonio will probably stay as Reading dont really want but will be down to compensation as under 24 according to Echo. Could go to a tribunal as Reading signed from a non league club with contract ending in summer so cant see they would get much.,
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content