SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MK DONS 2ND LEG POST-MATCH REACTION

+3
matty07uk
teamsaint
SaintMike
7 posters

Go down

MK DONS 2ND LEG POST-MATCH REACTION Empty MK DONS 2ND LEG POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Tue 09 Feb 2010, 10:19 am

Put it here.....
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

MK DONS 2ND LEG POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: MK DONS 2ND LEG POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  teamsaint Tue 09 Feb 2010, 10:57 pm

woooooooooooooo
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

MK DONS 2ND LEG POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: MK DONS 2ND LEG POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  matty07uk Tue 09 Feb 2010, 11:28 pm

Never easy when a saints fan but did the job and off to wembley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First half really dominated and although second goal was a lucky break, best own goal I have seen at St Marys, we had plenty of chances to have put the game out of sight. then for some reason sat back with 10 minute to end of first half, allow MK Dons back into game where up until then hadnt had a sniff then poor mistake by Jaidi and they get a goal back just before half time and make a game of it.

Second half midfield just backed off. Antonio who was good going froward first half simply didnt do his job and defend and Schneiderlin seemed to go missing, how often has he done that this season, and all of a sudden MK Dons have the initiative. The fans knew if they scored it would have turned game completely. Really annoying that for 20 mins while we allowed them the run of midfield AP stood on sideline and did nothing. Crying out for midfield to be strenghtened. Finally he subs Schneiderlin and brings on wotton who may not not have any of Schneiderlins skills but puts his foot in and breaks up play. Thomas very nearly got sent off having been booked a few minutes earlier went charging in after Lallana was fouled, very lucky he didnt get sent off, 9 times out of 10 he would have been booked and gone. Ref who was again useless let him off. No brain and would have missed Saturdays game, AP at least took him off with game won after Lallana put beyond doubt with a couple of minutes remaining blasting in a loose ball in the box following a corner.

Strange call as Lambert took all the corners, yes he hits with power to back post but surely he's more a threat in the box?

At the end of the day this was a key game and having won can relax and enjoy Saturdays game against the Skates.

Davis 7 didnt have much chance with goal and not much else to do.
Harding 7 glad to see back at FB and for me had a good game
Jaidi 5 poor game, seems rusty if he doesnt play, at fault for goal and made a number of poor calls
Fonte 7 looked fairly solid but didnt get forward much
Thomas 6 Good at FB and should play against skates but need to keep temper under control
Lallana 7 lots of effort and buried his chance
Hammond 6 good to see him back but didnt seem 100% but still made a good contribution.
Schneiderlin 6 Yet again failed to make tackles for me
Antoinio 6 decent first half but has to realise if in midfield has to help out defensively.
Waigo 7 caused problems with his pace and made great lay off for Lamberts first goal should have scored with header in 1st half
Lambert7 took his goal well and seemed more up for this one than previous games but not sure I like him taking corners

Subs

Wotton 6 came on and did what he is good at, stopped the other side playing through the middle.
James 6 only on for a few minutes

crowd 29900 good atmosphere even if it did make a pain to get out!

Oh we're the famous Southampton and we're going to wembley, wembley, oh wembley

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 10 Feb 2010, 12:13 am

Good to see that Harding and Hammond were back.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggerman Wed 10 Feb 2010, 7:08 am

MK DONS 2ND LEG POST-MATCH REACTION 5

Well done on getting thru to the new wembley.
Hope it goes well for ya's
Diggerman
Diggerman
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1124
Job/hobbies : Cemetery Worker
Humor : Fawlty Towers
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Wed 10 Feb 2010, 11:52 am

QUE SERA SERA, WHAT WILL BE WILL BE, WE'RE GOING TO WEM-BER-LEE, QUE SERA SERA!

I fancy our chances of bringing the paint pot south, too.

cheers
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 10 Feb 2010, 7:45 pm

After the nerves of last night, defeat would have ended our season felt really laid back to day thinking about wembley trip, hope the players don't feel the same way.

Agree that good to see Hammond and Harding back, even not fully fit they definitely had an impact.

Don't know if anyone else was there last night but did I get it wrong re Jaidi, see Echo said he was solid!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 10 Feb 2010, 9:12 pm

watching the game with 3 of the kids I felt the atmosphere was really electric at times.
We fully deserved the win but typical saints they had to put us through the wringer before sealing the win at the end.
Matty gave a good account but I think slightly differently regarding the players scores.
Davis - 6 - He could have come for the ball that led to the goal but just doesn't seem confident doing so.
Thomas - 6 - I would have given 7 but for trying to get sent off. Wholehearted performance but shown up for pace too often for our comfort. Antonio didn't help much though and Thomas was often left exposed.
Fonte - 7 - Looked good at times but was also stretched at times. Maybe lack of understanding with Jaidi helped with this.
Jaidi - 6 - Had a poor game for him but first game for a while and he did look rusty. pompey players being bigger may suit him more. I hope so.
Harding - 7 - Looked like he had never been away. Usual style of performance from Dan the man.
Antonio - 6 - First half was good as he caused a few problems but he went missing in second half for long spells. Wish that his throw would be mixed up as it would help make it more useful.
Hammond - 6 - Gave his usual type of in your face performance but showed lack of matchplay. Good to see him back and a must for Saturday.
Morgan - 4 - Worst I have seen him play. Petulant and gave us nothing.
Lallana - 7.5 - Back to his hard working self and had some nice touches. More determination than for a while recently.
Lambert - 7 - Back to something like his best. I think when he started taking the free kicks he actually made them far more dangerous.He also seemed to be showing others how to do it properly. Maybe we will find someone who can send them in like that for our star player.
Papa Waigo - 8 - thank god Pards played him from the start.Dons defence pood themselves when he was buzzing especially in the first half. He missed from very close otherwise would have scored higher in my ratings.

Wotton 6 - did his usual job when he came on.
James on for too short for rating

All in all a big improvement but more will be needed this Saturday.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Wed 10 Feb 2010, 9:31 pm

Jaidi made some superb headers which perhaps we take too much for granted with him, but he did also make some mistake when on the ball. Morgan made a couple of very important headers and tackles but otherwise it wasn't his best game.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Thu 11 Feb 2010, 5:41 am

Nice reports Matty and SFC, thanks for that. I was sneaking a few peeks at the live updates on the BBC Sport site while at work.

Now, let's hope for a similar result on Saturday.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Thu 11 Feb 2010, 10:12 pm

Matty I am praying that Jaidi was just ring rusty.though I would prefer him to have had more than this one game as preperation it will have to do. I am half hoping that Morgan is rested at least for the start of the game. He could possibly be more dangerous coming on when others are getting tired.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down