SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOUTHEND POST-MATCH REACTION

+2
parkiey
SaintMike
6 posters

Go down

SOUTHEND POST-MATCH REACTION Empty SOUTHEND POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Fri 09 Oct 2009, 11:42 pm

So what about that then??

:CLAP: happydance happydance :CLAP:
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

SOUTHEND POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: SOUTHEND POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  parkiey Sat 10 Oct 2009, 1:31 am

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
parkiey
parkiey
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sat 10 Oct 2009, 12:05 pm

For a team that couldn't hit the target from 2 paces we seem now to be scoring for fun. Could be an exciting time if we defy the other teams to score more than we do.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sat 10 Oct 2009, 2:08 pm

A fully deserved 3 points and another win which must surely do wonders for the morale of our team and us fans. If we can only get a result next week at Oldham we will really be sending out a warning to all of the clubs around about us in the depths of division 1
Delighted by the win and the overall improvements that have been made. The strides being made now will hopefully stand us in good stead for the next season. I say next season because it would take a minor miracle to get us into the playoffs this time around.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggerman Sat 10 Oct 2009, 4:31 pm

yes , i must say that i feared for your future after the "ten points" thing , but the main thing now is getting away from the bottom four and preparing yourselves for a promotion push next season , imo.
Good luck to yas Smile
Diggerman
Diggerman
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1124
Job/hobbies : Cemetery Worker
Humor : Fawlty Towers
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 10 Oct 2009, 7:28 pm

A good result when, in all honesty, I half expected it to be an abject defeat due to the combination of playing away on a Friday night, it was wet, at a small ground with partisan fans and a potential crap result just waiting to happen.

Three good results in a week - when was the last time that happened. It looks like we no longer collapse when we concede, there seems now to be a 'you score? Fine, then we'll score more' attitude and that's great. We haven't had that for a long long time now. There's more belief among the team and the fans. Long may it continue.

If Saints can maintain this form then there is no reason why we shouldn't be out of the relegation zone by November. However, when it comes down to those dark, wet days (and even darker, wetter evenings) in January and February that will be a massive test, let's hope we don't get any injuries or suspensions.

Do you know what, I was on the 606 site just now, and I posted - in all innocence on the Southend section about the ref, as they were slagging him off and saying he gave us everything and us nothing, so I pointed out that that's not how Saints fans saw it. One cheeky bastard accused me of stirring it up and also accused me of being the fan who was ejected for spitting and hurling insults! Considering I wasn't even there, that was a bit much. We all love our teams, and we all know how emotive and subjective football is, but honestly, some people are so precious about it. Rolling Eyes

That does bring home the fact that the refs are all of a consistent standard in the lower leagues, they are consistently crap. As SFC Forever pointed out yesterday we are up against the officials as well as the opposition this season. The refs are crap for everyone, not just crap for one side in particular. Trotman's goal sounded as dodgy as hell, did he boot the ball out of the keeper's hands? Apparently he did and the ref gave it, which probably accounts for the fact that he gave us bugger all for the rest of the game.

Last edited by Perennial Underachiever on Sat 10 Oct 2009, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : another blond moment)
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 10 Oct 2009, 9:41 pm

I think the ref thing seems to be they seem to try to "even up" a game so when we are playing they see us as a premiership team and that its okay for us to get a bit of a kicking. Against Torquay a couple of their players should have gone straight in the book for fouls but no action taken.

Also think the Lineo's are really poor in this league. The guy on the Kingsland side for Torquay didnt even give a throw until he saw the way the ref was pointing.

Generally just think the quality is poor, bad decisions all round but of course we will always spot the wrong decisions against us. A good point though about the goal standing then every other decision goes against us. Against Colchester the sending off was dead right for a dreadful lunge on Lallana but after that we got nothing.

Still when Murty returns to fitness and if Connolly stays fit we really will have a decent squad even allowing for the odd injury and suspension. Lambert, Lallana and Hammond are for me the 3 key players we need to try and keep fit
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 11 Oct 2009, 8:28 am

I agree that we need them to stay fit but more so I feel Jaidhi and Trotman. I am hoping that Trotters can be kept till end of season if not permanently. What a boost if he could be bought. We still need another tough no nonsense midfielder and another good defender as cover. Better still if good enough to fight for a place in starting line up. I am slightly worried that Kelvin has let his standard slip of late as we don't seem to know who will be the best replacement.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content