SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWINDON AWAY POST-MATCH REACTION

4 posters

Go down

SWINDON AWAY POST-MATCH REACTION Empty SWINDON AWAY POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Fri 10 Sep 2010, 11:22 pm

Put it here..........
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

SWINDON AWAY POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: SWINDON AWAY POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 11 Sep 2010, 5:03 pm

Same old same old. We're in the relegation zone after that display. Why do we always start brightly yet not score? From the promise of a good season to come, it's going badly tits up. I just hope to Christ that Adkins, or whoever does come in, can sort this shower out because they want their arses kicked. F**king Swindon. I'm sick of f**king Swindon. Evil or Very Mad

And yes, it's starting to piss me off that bloody Bournemouth are doing better than us. F***ing crap.

not sure
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  meltdown Sat 11 Sep 2010, 5:22 pm

Not entirely unexpected, I thought we'd lose by one or two more tbf. We seem to have a nasty habit of starting brightly at the moment with no success and then fading out.

The team are underperforming and there really are no excuses.
meltdown
meltdown
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 735
Job/hobbies : sales
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 11 Sep 2010, 6:03 pm

meltdown wrote:Not entirely unexpected, I thought we'd lose by one or two more tbf. We seem to have a nasty habit of starting brightly at the moment with no success and then fading out.

The team are underperforming and there really are no excuses.

It being 'not entirely unexpected' is what makes it so disappointing. We should be in a position where we expect to beat the likes of Swindon, not expect to lose to them. That's why we were favourites as we were expected to win these games, not suffer abysmal losses (Rovers excepted).
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 11 Sep 2010, 10:30 pm

Well I am not surprised 0 - 0 was best we could hope for as we are struggling to score goals. We lost Waigo and Antonio who between them scored 17 goals last season and bought no one in, how dumb was that? Then add Barnard's suspension, Lallana's injury and Lambert's fitness and fairly easy to see why we are struggling.

If it is Adkins he will have his work cut out and will need to get a couple of loans sorted real quick. Echo says Cortese flying back from Switzerland to try and conclude this weekend, should have sorted this out far sooner. At least Barnard will be back for Colchester game next saturday, would settle for a point against MKD midweek
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 13 Sep 2010, 9:50 am

What do you think of this from a Swindon website?.......

THE game hadn’t even kicked off at the County Ground, but Sean Morrison knew Town almost certainly had all three points in the bag.

The young defender was in the tunnel and overheard a conversation between two Southampton players which convinced him that he and his teammates were just a good performance away from their first league win of the campaign The psychological battle was already won. Swindon just now had to go out and triumph on the pitch.

Charlie Austin’s 65th minute strike duly achieved just that, and in doing so kept up their remarkable record against the south coast side.

In the last 12 months Town’s form against the Saints makes very enjoyable reading for those in Wiltshire – played four, won four, scored six, conceded none.

And after two defeats at the hands of Danny Wilson’s team in less than a fortnight, it is clear to see why Southampton’s players are glad to see the back of Morrison and Co for another few months.

“They were talking in the tunnel before the game and I heard one of their lads talking about our record against them,” explained the teenage centre-back.

“He said ‘We always ******* lose when we come here’ – they obviously don’t like coming here or playing against us.

“I think a lot of that came from last Tuesday’s game when we beat them 3-0 (in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy). It put a bit of fear in their team by the way we performed down at St Mary’s.

“This wasn’t an easy game, it wasn’t like we turned them over or anything like that. But it was a hard-fought game and I thought we fully deserved the three points.

“It’s a 1-0 win and everyone’s just delighted to get three points on the board. If we we keep these recent performances going then I can’t see many teams beating us this year.”

The managerless-Saints were a side with something to prove following a disappointing start to their own season and made a lively start to proceedings, with rookie defender Aaron Martin crashing a header against the bar inside three minutes.

And Town keeper Phil Smith – recalled for the injured David Lucas – was forced into action immediately after to smother at the feet of David Connolly.

But the hosts slowly gained a grip on the contest and when Jon-Paul McGovern’s cross was only half cleared, Jonathan Douglas headed back into the danger zone.

It found the well-timed run of Austin, who chested down and shot for the bottom corner, only to see his effort matched by the leg of Southampton keeper Kelvin Davis to divert it away.

On 25 minutes Swindon thought they had finally made the breakthrough, and in stunning fashion. Nothing looked on as Kevin Amankwaah lobbed a long ball forward from inside his own half, but Vincent Pericard tried his luck with an audacious long-range header which looped over Davis and rippled the back of the net.

But as the crowd rose as one to salute a wonder goal, so did the linesman’s flag, and Pericard was ruled offside.

Just as they had done in the first half, Saints came out strong after the break and only three excellent interventions from Scott Cuthbert, Morrison and Amankwaah in the space of 10 seconds prevented the visitors from opening the scoring.

But it was Swindon who would eventually take the lead and it came from the old, familiar source – Austin.

When Morrison thundered a header against the underside of the crossbar from McGovern’s free-kick, the loose ball dropped around six yards out. And you know there is only going to be one outcome in that situation, as Austin fired in past a clutch of defenders.

However, the youngster’s afternoon soon took a turn for the worse after being clattered by Davis when the keeper came running out of his area, and the dislocated shoulder he suffered will keep Austin out of action for a number of weeks.

His replacement, David Ball, almost put the gloss on the result in stoppage time when he flicked across goal, but his effort was inches the wrong side of the upright.

As it was though, Town settled for a single goal victory. And will Southampton look forward to the reverse fixture in February? Not a chance.

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Mon 13 Sep 2010, 1:30 pm

I hope we can stuff them at SMS in the return fixture. Not only that, Saints need to get stupid crap such as 'We never ******* win when we come here' out of their heads. Nigel Adkins has a sports psychology diploma, in addition to his other qualifications, so I hope he can quickly dispel such nonsense.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down