SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid - 19 anmd season

2 posters

Go down

Covid - 19 anmd season Empty Covid - 19 anmd season

Post  matty07uk Fri 20 Mar 2020, 9:08 pm

Well Covid-19 is certainly having an impact and think the Premier League are idiots if they think they will be able to finish the season. In Europe the President of La Liga who is looking at European league reckons they might start playing mid May, clearly not see the latest figures coming out of Spain. No doubt worried by the commercial impact but football is secondary when so many people are losing their lives.

Hope Pete and Mike you are keeping okay but admit worried that Mike has not been on for a couple of months now.

On a football issue was in Qatar recently and have to say virus aside think World cup will be well run there. Metro that was being built last year has 3 lines running and other 2 will open this year. Stadiums either built or nearly there, hotels already there but more being built, and fans will actually be able to see 2 games a day as all the grounds are around Doha and teams will not have to move bases. Only negative is daughter wont be there then so no free accommodation for me.

Take care guys, I am lucky to be able to work from home so will be looking to avoid everyone!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Pete from Oz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Covid - 19 anmd season Empty Re: Covid - 19 anmd season

Post  Pete from Oz Fri 03 Apr 2020, 4:55 am

Matty,

Thanks for the mention mate. I have been out of contact for a while after travelling to Vietnam for holiday. Upon cutting short the trip by several weeks due to a concern that I could have been stranded there, I returned to Oz. Upon return, I was in 14 days of mandatory self-isolation which I only completed yesterday. I am fine from a medical viewpoint, hopefully you and your family are the same.

I will try to contact Mike via Facebook to see how he is faring.

All the best,

Pete
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Sun 10 May 2020, 2:33 am

Well Matty, I have tried to contact Mike via Facebook but no there was no response. There has been no activity on his page since mid-February. I hope he's ok.

I hope that you are also ok mate. Things appear to be improving over here. We have the benefit of being a very big island with a smallish population.

All the best

Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content