SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AWAY TO SWANSEA....... i ffwrdd i abertawe

2 posters

Go down

AWAY TO SWANSEA....... i ffwrdd i abertawe Empty AWAY TO SWANSEA....... i ffwrdd i abertawe

Post  SaintMike Mon 07 May 2018, 9:13 am

Crunch time....... At least, being 17th (just), Saints' destiny is now in their own hands. But lose...or draw..... this one, and it will need us to be extremely lucky on the last day to survive, bearing in mind what the last day fixtures are. On the other hand, if Saints can do what it takes to win at Swansea, we are effectively safe!!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

AWAY TO SWANSEA....... i ffwrdd i abertawe Empty Re: AWAY TO SWANSEA....... i ffwrdd i abertawe

Post  matty07uk Mon 07 May 2018, 3:24 pm

yeah a big game but think it will be a draw as think we will be unable to keep a clean sheet. The back 5 with Yoshdia has worked in that able to provide a platform, with no Yoshida does he go with a back 5 with Bedanek, Stephens and Hoedt or go with a back 4. Stephens and Hoedt have not looked a good pairing all season and do not think Bedanek in a back 4 is an option yet so probably a back 5 but no one to take charge, Yoshida has done so effectively. ( Yes I did say play 3/5 at the back for most of the season, if I had been appointed manager instead of MP we wouldn't be in this mess!)Guess it also depends on whether Lemina turns up, rubbish against Chelsea, great against Bournemouth then rubbish against Everton. He could run the midfield but who knows, I doubt Mark Hughes does!

A draw will keep alive to the last day though the odds there are pretty much against us, we haven't beaten a top 6 team all season so don't see that happening now. If Stoke were at home then maybe a surprise but away to Swansea can only see a home win.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

AWAY TO SWANSEA....... i ffwrdd i abertawe Empty Re: AWAY TO SWANSEA....... i ffwrdd i abertawe

Post  SaintMike Tue 08 May 2018, 2:57 am

Read somewhere that Lemina is out through injury, so looks like we will be without him anyway.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Tue 08 May 2018, 11:17 pm

Well amazingly actually won the game, good effort, coped with injuries and suspension and Gabbadini scoring, though looked like just went the right side of the post, our luck changed!

While a 10 goal difference sounds massive we are playing City who could turn it on, think Hughes will let them celebrate tonight, light training tomorrow or day off then really focus for Sundays game. I hope Huddersfield lose both games and Swansea win to stay up
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 09 May 2018, 9:11 am

Not the best quality, but a great relief to see the team put in the effort.     It says a lot that McCarthy was named as Sky's Man of the Match although he didn't do that much.

A number of players this season have not seemed bothered about the team, so I was pleased to see some who were not in the squad were interested enough to be there at the game. I saw 2 or 3 including Mario Lemina and Steve Davis.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down