SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME TO LEICESTER

2 posters

Go down

HOME TO LEICESTER Empty HOME TO LEICESTER

Post  SaintMike Tue 12 Dec 2017, 5:32 pm

Win this and Saints recent run will look decent.....anything else and it will look poor. What's it to be??
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

HOME TO LEICESTER Empty Re: HOME TO LEICESTER

Post  matty07uk Tue 12 Dec 2017, 9:00 pm

tough one to call, Leicster are on a good run but have had a bit of luck on their side, wont be great conditions and not sure if he will start Austin, a chance maybe for Gabbadini to come in? Plenty of payers with a point to prove to Puel if the talk of player unrest was correct. I will go for a Saints win 2 - 1 but only if he doesn't start Redmond, if Redmond starts a draw
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 13 Dec 2017, 11:17 pm

Embarrassing and Shameful, two of the polite words I can think to describe tonight's performance. Afraid again Pellegrino showed tactically inept and unable to motivate players. After playing 3 at the back and playing well against Arsenal what does he do? Drop Stephens, Hojberg and Ward Prowse, (3 of our younger players who surely can cope with the fixture list) who all had excellent games. He reverted to just 1 up front with Austin, Tadic and Boufal out wide and Tadic on right side where he has been useless. I do despair as what doesn't he see. Sacking managers is not a great idea but I really worry that he is out of his depth, doesn't know his formation and that indecisiveness is shown in the players

Players were lifeless, all over the place, Davis was simply awful probably his worst game in a saints shirt. Not just that but as Captain he showed no leadership Tadic and Boufal could have stayed in the dressing room, Yoshida was poor, not tackling always backing off. Romeau didn't have a great game, seems when playing with Lemina they get in the way of each other. The goals were down to poor marking, backing off and not closing down which sums up players such as Tadic, Boufal and Davis. Davis was often first half in the CF position?????

Fortser 6 no fault with the goals, made a couple of decent saves and was pretty fed up with the lack of closing down, felt he was always exposed
Cedric 5 not a great game by his standards maybe still feeling injury
VVD 5 didn't seem that bothered, lets sell and reinvest
Yoshida 4 weak and indecisive, at fault for first and last goal, Stephens and Hoedt should be in front of him despite his goal
Bertrand 6 one of our better players on the night
Romeau 5 missed several tackles but still far better than Davis
Lemina 5 off the pace tonight
Davis 3 really poor, loads of misplaced passes, always going backwards gave the ball away all the time
Tadic 3 anonymous all night a couple of embarrassing rolling around in agony when hardly touched
Boufal 3 again gave the ball away, didn't cross when he could
Austin 6 Service was appalling and did try, could have made it 2-3 and would have been interesting but Schmeichel got across to save.

Subs
Gabbadini 4 did very little, manager has destroyed him, have to play Long or change manager, a decent player there
Redmond 4 pretty awful when he did come on. usual crosses to no one, again played on the left instead of the right, not sure what MP sees.

Cant be bothered to write anymore something has to happen but with Reed pulling all the strings and taking no responsibility not sure that will happen, come on Mr Gao lets hear what you think
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:44 am

Absolutely awful, can't be bothered to say more.

Oh Thanks Matty, for taking the time to report on that shambles, must have been painful for you.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:57 am

My train from London was 20 minutes late so fortunately I only had to watch 75 minutes, and I have the cheek to claim against the train company for being late, I really should pay them!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content