SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAN UNITED AWAY

2 posters

Go down

MAN UNITED AWAY Empty MAN UNITED AWAY

Post  SaintMike Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:30 am

Can Saints get anything? United have had a very poor start to the season by their standards.....but that could make them even more determined to get a win against Saints.

And it seems Boruc is likely to be out....
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/345580/Kelvin-Davis-to-make-second-Premier-League-start-for-Southampton
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

MAN UNITED AWAY Empty Re: MAN UNITED AWAY

Post  matty07uk Thu 17 Oct 2013, 9:23 pm

Got a feeling we missed out on not playing Manure early on, think the international break will have been good for them and we could still be without Shaw, Boruc likely to start he trained today.

was hoping Shrek would have got an injury but he had a couple of decent games for England so looks like he is on form and van persie enjoys playing against us.

I think a home win by a couple but happy to be wrong!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 19 Oct 2013, 10:53 am

I am sure Man United will be after our blood so they can climb the table......but I still think Saints can maybe pull off a surprise, please!!!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 19 Oct 2013, 2:52 pm

Lambert on the bench and Jrod in, otherwise pretty well full strength Saints team.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:09 pm

another great result and well deserved by all accounts. Plus if Osvaldo had taken his chance early on may well have got all three.

certainly now hard to beat we do need Osvaldo to start hitting some form to get the goals
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 20 Oct 2013, 12:21 am

A great team effort as shown in the hour of highlights of the match in Sky's Match Choice programme, and we seemed to be well worth the point. Not so pleased by the highlights shown on Match of the Day which I felt seemed to show the match as being mostly one-way traffic against us, and made us seem lucky to get away with a point. This was despite the on-screen stats that showed we had more than our fair share of possession and goal efforts.

Still, Shearer did say he thought there was a good chance of Saints finishing the season 7th or 8th!!

I thought the team looked good as a unit and there were a number of very good individual performances. As you say Matty, we could certainly do with Osvaldo finishing more clinically, I am wondering whether this could in part be a matter of confidence.

Unless Saints take the foot off the gas against lesser teams, I believe we have a great chance of finishing top 10. They now have quality in just about every area plus there is pretty competent cover for most positions in the case of injury, with the likes of Cork, Ward-Prowse, Maya and Chambers standing by. I should like to see Gazzaniga being groomed now as our first-choice back-up keeper.

How should we strengthen in January? Maybe extra cover for the left-back slot as Luke Shaw is rather prone to injury. And if I were in charge of things I should let Ramirez go (hopefully for £10mil plus) as I cannot see him now fitting in with our style of play. I would put another £10mil to the money from the sale to purchase a top-class and speedy goal-maker (winger or attacking midfielder) who could ensure that Osvaldo, Lambert and Rodriguez are supplied with plenty of golden scoring chances. Then I think we will really reach the often talked of 'next level'!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 20 Oct 2013, 2:31 pm

Have to agree re the MOTD editing, you really do wonder about their , everyone who saw the game agreed saints deserved a pint, Rodrigues had a couple of chances in first 15 min, not even shown on MOTD? Does Lawrenson do the editing.

I would say still think we are a couple of players away from being good enough to challenge for top 6 and in particular a decent goal scorer, but has to be someone who is prepared to do the pressing that the team approach requires. We do only have 3 strikers plsu Lee and that for me is not strong enough, we might be above manure but with Van Persie, Shrek, Welbeck, Jadenez, Hernandez, Zaha they will score goals. We still have Guly on the bench so still some way to go.

As for strengthening in the transfer window the good news is if we can keep up the results then if we do look to bring in players would be more likely to get some decent players who will see we have moved up a level and they won't be in a relegation fight, chance maybe to get a couple of promising youngsters but left back and forward/winger needed.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content