SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Referees and latest Clattenberg issue

2 posters

Go down

Referees and latest Clattenberg issue Empty Referees and latest Clattenberg issue

Post  matty07uk Sun 04 Nov 2012, 2:43 pm

Wonder what you think of latest furore with Chelsea and Clattenberg. Surprised all the press are all over chelsea and Clattenberg made out to be all innocent. He is an arrogant referee who actually gets lots of the big decisions wrong. He has a track history of not being a choir boy, was suspended before for dodgy business dealings yet everyone believes he must be innocent.

I know we all hope a referee wouldnt be as bad as a player but why not? They are on decent money with Sky, travel the world as a FIFA ref, stay in top hotels so all the trappings to become remote from the real world and believe their own self importance.

In some ways miss the refs from the lower leagues. Yes they were often poor and not that fit but rarely got a know all there playing to the cameras. Just dont trust the premiership refs. The ManU game yesterday had a great example. Cleverely on yellow card cple more fouls then a blatant one that warrants a yellow card. Mike Reed, Fergies mate, make big play of showing number of previous fouls and a last warning, everyone in the ground would have seen, 2 minutes later Fergie subs him. Wiltshere also on a yellow does a similar foul, 2nd yellow and off. Yet again bias shown by a top ref to fergie and Man U, all fans ask for is a consistent approach and certainly I havent seen that so far this season.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Referees and latest Clattenberg issue Empty Re: Referees and latest Clattenberg issue

Post  Nostromo Mon 05 Nov 2012, 10:27 pm

I don't know what to make of it to be honest. I get the feeling that Clattenburg's north-east accent may have been misheard (I can't understand Geordies either) and 'Mikel' was misheard as 'monkey'. I don't like Clattenburg as a ref, he's a twat, but I have the feeling that Chelsea are trying to save face after recent unsavoury events (John Terry furore) and throw a few accusations around of their own.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Referees and latest Clattenberg issue Empty Re: Referees and latest Clattenberg issue

Post  matty07uk Tue 06 Nov 2012, 8:16 am

Have to say a mis understanding of what was said likely to be outcome and think their players do have a sense of the world against them which is spouted by the club on a regular basis. Have to say FA and Premiership yet again show how useless they are, this should have been investigated within 48 hours, statements taken from players, and officials, look at video with lip reading experts if needed (have the names of some from Terry case!) and a decision made. All that could have been done in 72 hours. Week and a half on bumbling along

Would like to see some foreign refs brought in if only to shake up the complacent lot of premier league refs we have and some of them are without doubt biased in favour of old red nose and Manure. Clattenberg should have been dropped, no pay, for 2 weeks simply based on poor decsions in the game which did change the result.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down