SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SEASON THUS FAR.......

Go down

THE SEASON THUS FAR....... Empty THE SEASON THUS FAR.......

Post  SaintMike Fri 21 Sep 2012, 12:24 am

Four matches played, no points gained.......thirty-four matches to play, with a maximum of 102 points to play for.

Match 1....Manchester City away.

Saints showed grit and determination in abundance, were dangerous on the breakaway drawing the famous 'Red Arrows' comment from the TV commentary team, led 1-2 after an hour and drew much praise from neutrals.

They were also pinned back in their own half for much of the game, were clearly a class or two below City in ability and skill.....and, in my view at least, a defeat by 2 or 3 goals would have been a truer reflection of the match. I am saying this purely as a fact and I am not meaning any criticism of the team for this, after all City are the current champions and a gulf between the two teams is to be expected.

Match 2.....Wigan home.

That astute predictor of match results, SaintMike, forecast that Saints might not be properly up for this and could end up being well beaten. The team failed to show their grit and determination of the City game and lost again. Three points down the drain, thrown away, GONE.
If Saints are to survive they must show the determination of the Manchester games and must not repeat showings like this one.

Match 3.....Manchester United home.

SaintMike, the predictor, said he was feeling more confident before this game..... but did not make a result prediction. In many ways this was Saints' best performance so far. For much of the game they looked dangerous in attack and magnificent in midfield. Plus, the 'g and d' of the City game was back. They deservedly went into a 2-1 lead and only second half substitutions for both teams changed the balance of play.

In my view, Saints were unlucky to lose and I don't think either team would have felt a 2-2 draw unfair.

Match 4.....Arsenal away.

First , I should say that to lose away to Arsenal, even by a big margin, is no disgrace. What is a disgrace is to fail to sweat blood for the cause, and to leave the 'g and d' in the dressing-room.

There are teams in this division who should be a class above us but we must fight them all the way....we did it against the Manchester clubs.

Match 5.....Aston Villa home.

Saturday must be a 'g and d' date and then who knows? SaintMike, whose prediction is awaited far and wide, has some thoughts on the possible outcome.....but is keeping them to himself for the moment at least. Rolling Eyes

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down