SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOBBY BALL.......ROCK ON BOBBY!!

+16
Hot Cross Ben
another fine mess
Owen D Saints
half pint
Quack
HANTS in my PANTS
I'm a Believer
I could still be Dorothy
Dell-ta Dawn
DellBoy
Southampton my Home
Bob's your Uncle
Jillyanne
North End Mam
bobby ball
SaintMike
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BOBBY BALL.......ROCK ON BOBBY!! - Page 2 Empty Re: BOBBY BALL.......ROCK ON BOBBY!!

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 12:50 am

Jillyanne wrote:I thought Mount Pleasant was a bit disappointing, to be honest, I felt it could somehow have been much better than it was. But having said that your character was certainly the best in the series! Can you tell us any stories about the making of the series? And is there to be another series?

Hi Jill I dont like to tell stories out of school except that every one was great and we had a great time....There is another series due out anytime now. hope this answers your question Jill
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

BOBBY BALL.......ROCK ON BOBBY!! - Page 2 Empty Re: BOBBY BALL.......ROCK ON BOBBY!!

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 12:52 am

Bob's your Uncle wrote:You worked with a number of great comedians....Eric Sykes, Kenny Everett etc. Can you tell us some stories about some of them? And who do you consider to be the best comedians?

Hi Bob All i can say that everyone one i have worked with has always been gentleman....my favorites were Eric Sykes and Eric Morecambe.....they became friends. hope this answers your question Bob
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 12:54 am

Southampton my Home wrote:Have you performed in or visited Southampton? Do you have any memories of the place?

Hi.....The last time we played Southhampton was when the Falklands war was just starting...so how long ago is that....and i remember that's all that people talked about....but its a wonderful city. hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 12:55 am

DellBoy wrote:Do you like football? Which team do you support?

Sorry Dellboy I am a rugby man sorry buddy
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 12:56 am

Dell-ta Dawn wrote:Hi, do you like it when fans recognise you and come up to you? I think I might get annoyed by it after a while!

Hi Dawn It doesnt bother me at all...i believe that without people i would'nt have a job so i give back as much as i can. and it does'nt bother me. hope this answers your question Dawn

bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 12:58 am

I could still be Dorothy wrote:Have there been times things have not gone quite right? Any embarrassing moments you can tell us about?

Hi Dot.....I remember once i didn't see the end of the stage and fell off right in the orchestra put and everyone laughed. someone who came for a autograph after thought it was a new beginning to the act lol. hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 12:59 am

I'm a Believer wrote:I think I read that there was a 'situation' with your daughter's ex a few years ago....has that all been resolved now?

Yeah....he is in prison now and my daughter has gone on to be a teacher and she is a believer and so am I. hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:00 am

HANTS in my PANTS wrote:You were great in Last of the Summer Wine. Can you please tell us any stories about the characters in the series or things that happened when you were working on the series?

Sadly i only did 3 episodes but they all made me feel very welcome and at home. it was a wonderful company and everybody seemed to love each other...shame it had to end. hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:02 am

Quack wrote:Hi and thanks for doing this. You have been a fantastic entertainer for many years and I hope you will continue to entertain for many more. Have you planned a retirement at some time in the future....or do you just want to carry on for as long as you can?

Hi Quack lol great name by the way...No I have no plans to retire...i wouldnt know what to do with myself because i am one of the worlds show-offs lol .hope this answers your question Quack
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:03 am

half pint wrote:Hi, are you superstitious? Are there things you do or things you wear for good luck?

I have no superstitsions at all...thank goodness (crossing my fingers) . hope this answers your question Half Pint
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:06 am

Owen D Saints wrote:Hi! Your performances have always been great entertainment for all the family. Have you ever been tempted to do anything a bit naughty or smutty?

Hi Owen....no i have never been tempted because i feel if i had to do a show i couldn't take my children to then i wouldnt want to do it.....Blue humour is easy to do...its shock comedy. hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:08 am

another fine mess wrote:Hi, does standing up in front of a live audience come easily and naturally to you or do you have to work hard at it and put on a front? And do you suffer from nerves?

Hi No i have never found it hard and i dont suffer from nerves...i think its because i have been doing it from a child. hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:10 am

Hot Cross Ben wrote:There have been a number of top duos in competition with you and Tommy: including Morecambe and Wise, The Two Ronnies, Little and Large, Mike and Bernie Winters. Were you all on good terms or was there great rivalry? Or did you never meet??

Hi Ben...I have met them all and no there has never been any rivalry...In fact we all got on well together and used to laugh together. hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:13 am

MrsAlbion wrote:Hi and thanks. I am guessing that Cannon and Ball are not your real names. Can you tell us your real names and why you chose Cannon and Ball as your stage names? Are there any nicknames that your friends have for you? Oh, and how did 'rock on Tommy' first become a catchphrase?

Hi Mrs Albion Our real names are Thomas Derbyshire and Robert Harper...We chose Cannon and Ball because we like the name Cannon after a rock singer in the 50's called Freddy Cannon....and Rock on Tommy came about after we heard David Essex sing Rock on. hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:14 am

SaintsChick wrote:Hi, If we were to ask your partner or a close friend to tell us your most annoying or disgusting habit what do you think they would say? (Please be honest! Very Happy )

Hi I dont know to be honest...I think maybe because i can't eat a packet of crisp quietly i have to crunch them hard i think.hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:17 am

AlbionBandMarchesOn wrote:Hey Bobby! Am I right in saying that you appeared in the old Wheeltappers and Shunters TV programme? I loved that and Colin Crompton was terrific in his flat cap forever calling for order and talking about the committee! Happy memories.....

Yeah you are perfectly right we did we went on about 3 times. hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby ball Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:21 am

saint marie wrote:Hi great to see you here! My dad had your record Rock On Tommy and I still remember it now.....Do you remember at the end when you say "Do you think that bird fancies me Tommy?.... I'll go and ask her." It always made me laugh.
Can you tell us your favourite joke please??

Hi Marie......I suffer from C.D.O its like O.C.D but my letters have to be in aphabetical order as they should be. hope this answers your question
bobby ball
bobby ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2