SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT

+9
play it again sam
MrsAlbion
Owen D Saints
DellBoy
SaintsChick
I could still be Dorothy
half pint
Cynthia EriVo
SaintMike
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT Empty CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT

Post  SaintMike Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:30 pm

Cynthia has the Whoopi Goldberg leading part in the touring production of Sister Act which is due to come to Southampton shortly.....and I am delighted to tell you that she has agreed to come onto Southampton World to answer a few questions!!

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT 5690988141_3347a04c98

The LiteSwitch website says

Her name, is Cynthia Erivo. She offers the rare triple threat syndrome, Singing, Acting & Dancing. Singing since a young child, she became a student of the dramatic arts, having graduated from the esteemed Royal Academy Of Dramatic Arts.

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT Erivocynthia_410x410_634275888871831250

But the reason you might know her is because not only was she nominated for a BEFFTA for Best Female Act 2010, and recently nominated for Best Unsigned International Artist for the Online Music Awards…but she’s just performed at the O2 Indigo as supporting act for American Idol winner Fantasia Burrino!

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT Cynthiaerivo

Leave Cynthia a message......or ask her a question!!

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT 186230_636790941_4779553_n
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT Empty Re: CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT

Post  SaintMike Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:56 pm

I live in Scotland and with my family nine of us have tickets to see the show in Aberdeen. You will be in Aberdeen Cynthia?

Can you tell me, are the great songs from the film still included or have some been cut out??
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT Empty HELLOO ALLLL!!!

Post  Cynthia EriVo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:27 am

Hi all Cynthia Erivo here I graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic arts coming up to a year now, ive been working ever since in plays and musicals and on my own music. I am now about to tour with Sister Act as the lead which is amazing for me because im relatively new, but here is to new wonderful challenges.
Cynthia EriVo
Cynthia EriVo
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT Empty Re: CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT

Post  Cynthia EriVo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

SaintMike wrote:I live in Scotland and with my family nine of us have tickets to see the show in Aberdeen. You will be in Aberdeen Cynthia?

Can you tell me, are the great songs from the film still included or have some been cut out??

I think we will be coming to Aberdeen actually!!! im looking forward to it!!!
The songs from the film are not in the musical its a completely new fabulous gorgeous score, that im really looking forward to singing!!

xx
Cynthia EriVo
Cynthia EriVo
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  half pint Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:07 am

It says you sing act and dance. Which do you enjoy most?
half pint
half pint
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  I could still be Dorothy Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:13 am

hello
Which plays and musicals have you appeared in so far? Have you been on television?
I could still be Dorothy
I could still be Dorothy
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT Empty i enjoy the most

Post  Cynthia EriVo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:15 am

half pint wrote:It says you sing act and dance. Which do you enjoy most?

Dance for me is just a hobby

I love singing and acting cant choose between the two, besides my agent says i dont have to lol xx
Cynthia EriVo
Cynthia EriVo
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT Empty PLAYs tv musicals

Post  Cynthia EriVo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:25 am

I could still be Dorothy wrote: hello
Which plays and musicals have you appeared in so far? Have you been on television?

Ive been mostly theatre my first show was a play by a writer called Simon Stephens "marine parade", the other was an opera at Stratford theatre royal "i was looking at the ceiling, then i saw the sky" , then i hot footed it into a tour with the English Touring Theatre "three musketeers and the princess of spain", then it was onto leicester and the West End with a new musical play Umbrellas of Cherbourg and now this .....Sister Act ! xxx

Havent really had time for TV/Film but i guess Ive got a load of time to get that out of my system.

XX
Cynthia EriVo
Cynthia EriVo
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintsChick Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:27 am

Hi Cynthia, wonderful to see you here

Answer these so we can see what makes you tick?

1. Where were you born and brought up? Your age? Are you married? Are you called Cynthia or do friends shorten it?

2 If you had not gone on the stage what job would you have liked to do?

3 What hobbies do you pursue?

4 You look great in your photos, what colour do you most like to wear?

5 Do you drive? What would be your ideal car to drive?

6 What sort of music do you listen to?

7 Who are your favourite singers/groups (past or present)?

8 What are or were your favourite TV programmes?

9 What are your favourite films?

10. What are your favourite plays?

11. What are your favourite books?

12 Who is your favourite actor?

13 Who is your favourite actress?

14 Who is your favourite comedian /funnyman?

15 Do you have any pets?

16 What is your favourite meal?

17 What is your favourite drink?

18 Is there anything you regret not having done in your life so far and do you have any ambitions you hope to fulfil?
SaintsChick
SaintsChick
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  I could still be Dorothy Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:32 am

Cynthia EriVo wrote:
I could still be Dorothy wrote: hello

Ive been mostly theatre my first show was a play by a writer called Simon Stephens "marine parade", the other was an opera at Stratford theatre royal "i was looking at the ceiling, then i saw the sky" , then i hot footed it into a tour with the English Touring Theatre "three musketeers and the princess of spain", then it was onto leicester and the West End with a new musical play Umbrellas of Cherbourg and now this .....Sister Act ! xxx

Havent really had time for TV/Film but i guess Ive got a load of time to get that out of my system.

XX

Thanks. Which was the part for which you got the award nomination?
I could still be Dorothy
I could still be Dorothy
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:41 am

hi and welcome

Did you only recently get the part in Sister Act, are you still on a high?

Did you feel at audition that things had gone well or were you pleasantly surprised to get it? Are you in rehearsals now? When does the tour start?

Are there any amusing moments in rehearsals that you can tell us about?
DellBoy
DellBoy

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen D Saints Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:47 am

hi Do you like football? Is there a team you support? If not please join us and adopt the Saints!

In the productions you have appeared in, have you appeared alongside any famous actors or singers? Have you met many famous people?
Owen D Saints
Owen D Saints

Male
Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT Empty questions dearest

Post  Cynthia EriVo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:05 am

SaintsChick wrote:Hi Cynthia, wonderful to see you here

Answer these so we can see what makes you tick?

1. Where were you born and brought up? London
Your age? 24
Are you married? No
Are you called Cynthia or do friends shorten it?
Both Some call me Cynthia some call me Cynth some call me Cynthasizer some call me Miss Erivo some Cyn take your pick xx

2 If you had not gone on the stage what job would you have liked to do?
Probably something in fashion it would def be creative.

3 What hobbies do you pursue?
reading, knitting, cooking, fashion (i sound like a granny i promise im not!!)

4 You look great in your photos, what colour do you most like to wear?
Thank you! i wear blues and greys quite a bit, and often skin tone colours, im learning to love pink and yellows again.

5 Do you drive? What would be your ideal car to drive?
I dont drive hopefully by next year thatll change, my favourite car and probably ideal car is a new black mini.

6 What sort of music do you listen to?
EVERYTHING except heavy metal

7 Who are your favourite singers/groups (past or present)?
Prince, maroon 5, cold play, gorrilaz, Janelle monae, aretha franklin, elvis (early years), marvin gaye, annie lennox, kate bush, THE LIST GOES ON !!!!

8 What are or were your favourite TV programmes?
Greys Anatomy
Ugly Betty
True Blood
Gilmore Girls
My name is Earl
family guy
again the list goes on

9 What are your favourite films?
Juno
Pans labyrynth
All the Harry Potters
All the Batmans
romeo and juliet
julia and juliet
Kung fu Panda
Colour Purple
The note book
Big fish
Ameli
I am Love

10. What are your favourite plays?
Seven guitars
War horse
A midsummer nights dream
a winters tale
Cat on a hot tin roof
woman in black
Angels in america

11. What are your favourite books?
Eat Pray Love
Tai Pan
Memoirs of a Geisha

12 Who is your favourite actor?
oooh this is hard ummm Al Pacino

13 Who is your favourite actress?
Marian Cotilliard

14 Who is your favourite comedian /funnyman?
Lee Evans

15 Do you have any pets?
No

16 What is your favourite meal?
Thai

17 What is your favourite drink?
warm vimto

18 Is there anything you regret not having done in your life so far and do you have any ambitions you hope to fulfil?
nope i guess ive been lucky a lot of the things i want to do im doing or will be doing so i cant really complain.

xxxx

Cynthia EriVo
Cynthia EriVo
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynthia EriVo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:09 am

DellBoy wrote: hi and welcome

Did you only recently get the part in Sister Act, are you still on a high? ive just recently got the part and i am def still on a high !!

Did you feel at audition that things had gone well or were you pleasantly surprised to get it? Are you in rehearsals now? When does the tour start?

I always feel a little nervous at auditions but i always try to put good work into it, i know i gave it my all and im always surprised when i get a role because i never assume theyll pick me.
rehearsals havent started yet and the tour starts on the 26th sept

Are there any amusing moments in rehearsals that you can tell us about?
none yet since we havent started but im sure there will be.

xx
Cynthia EriVo
Cynthia EriVo
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynthia EriVo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:12 am

Owen D Saints wrote: hi Do you like football? Is there a team you support? If not please join us and adopt the Saints!
Honestly football isnt really my thing, but if you can tell me why the Saints are a great team ill adopt them!

In the productions you have appeared in, have you appeared alongside any famous actors or singers? Have you met many famous people?
I havent acted opposite famous people, i have sung with a couple famous people and i have opened in concert for a couple famous singers and i have met a couple famous people to.

xx
Cynthia EriVo
Cynthia EriVo
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsAlbion Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:09 pm

Please tell us, who are the famous people you have sung with?
MrsAlbion
MrsAlbion
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

CYNTHIA ERIVO........STAR IN THE TOURING PRODUCTION OF SISTER ACT Empty Famous

Post  Cynthia EriVo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:42 pm

MrsAlbion wrote:Please tell us, who are the famous people you have sung with?
I'm afraid I can't disclose that info I can say that opened for a singer by the name of fantasia burrino she was the American idol winner in 2005 I think not sure which year! Xx
Cynthia EriVo
Cynthia EriVo
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

Come on guys, tell Cynthia why Saints are a great team, let's convert her!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  play it again sam Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

1 Saints have a tradition of playing good attractive football
2 They have had footballing legends play for them....Matt Le Tissier, Mike Channon, Kevin Keegan, Alan Ball, Terry Paine, Peter Shilton and many many more
3 They were founder members of the Football Premiership and played in the top division continually for many years
4 They hit a very rocky spell a few years ago and are now fighting to get back up to the Premiership where they belong
5 Support Saints and you will have the excitement of following our drive to get back to our rightful place
play it again sam
play it again sam
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  another fine mess Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:35 am

Super
Awesome
Idols
Newly arisen
Terrific
Special
another fine mess
another fine mess

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  another fine mess Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:38 am

I found this about Sister Act:

"Producers Whoopi Goldberg and Stage Entertainment are looking for a new leading lady to take on the role of disco diva Deloris Van Cartier in the first ever UK & Ireland tour of the smash hit musical comedy SISTER ACT, which opens in Manchester in September.

First round open auditions took place on Monday 4th April at Pineapple Dance Studios. Over 100 hopefuls were seen, some of which were recalled for a second audition. ITV News interviewed some of the auditionees here

SISTER ACT played to over a million people at the London Palladium during its West End run and will open on Broadway on April 20. Patina Miller, the Olivier nominated star of the original West End production will also play Deloris in the New York production. The actress following in her footsteps, and of course those of producer and star of the of the original movie Whoopi Goldberg, will open at the Manchester Opera House on Tuesday 4 October (with previews from Thursday 29 September) before embarking on a year log tour of cities across the UK."

Wow, over 100 hopefuls, you fought off a lot of competition........CONGRATULATIONS !

Was Whoopi involved in the auditions? Did you meet her?
another fine mess
another fine mess

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynthia EriVo Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:52 am

another fine mess wrote:I found this about Sister Act:

"Producers Whoopi Goldberg and Stage Entertainment are looking for a new leading lady to take on the role of disco diva Deloris Van Cartier in the first ever UK & Ireland tour of the smash hit musical comedy SISTER ACT, which opens in Manchester in September.

First round open auditions took place on Monday 4th April at Pineapple Dance Studios. Over 100 hopefuls were seen, some of which were recalled for a second audition. ITV News interviewed some of the auditionees here

SISTER ACT played to over a million people at the London Palladium during its West End run and will open on Broadway on April 20. Patina Miller, the Olivier nominated star of the original West End production will also play Deloris in the New York production. The actress following in her footsteps, and of course those of producer and star of the of the original movie Whoopi Goldberg, will open at the Manchester Opera House on Tuesday 4 October (with previews from Thursday 29 September) before embarking on a year log tour of cities across the UK."

Wow, over 100 hopefuls, you fought off a lot of competition........CONGRATULATIONS !

Was Whoopi involved in the auditions? Did you meet her?

She probably had some say but i never met fingers crossed that maybe i do get to meet her !! xx

Cynthia EriVo
Cynthia EriVo
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Zippy Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:35 am

Hi

Have you ever visited Southampton?
Zippy
Zippy
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel the Saint Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:15 am

Hi good luck with the show!

I am a Eurovision Song Contest fanatic.......if you were asked to do Eurovision how would you feel about it?
Gabriel the Saint
Gabriel the Saint
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynthia EriVo Sat 02 Jul 2011, 1:10 am

Zippy wrote:Hi

Have you ever visited Southampton?

nope ive never been before xx
Cynthia EriVo
Cynthia EriVo
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next