SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHERRIE AUSTIN....ONE OF MY FAVOURITE COUNTRY SINGERS

+13
North End Mam
Angie's Your Aunt
LennyLion
MrsAlbion
DellBoy
play it again sam
half pint
Jillyanne
SaintsChick
Bob's your Uncle
SaintRobbie
Saint-Paddy
SaintMike
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SHERRIE AUSTIN....ONE OF MY FAVOURITE COUNTRY SINGERS - Page 2 Empty Re: SHERRIE AUSTIN....ONE OF MY FAVOURITE COUNTRY SINGERS

Post  Dell-ta Dawn Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:01 pm

If we were to meet your boyfriend or a member of your family and ask what they think are your most annoying and disgusting habits, what would they say??
Dell-ta Dawn
Dell-ta Dawn
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

SHERRIE AUSTIN....ONE OF MY FAVOURITE COUNTRY SINGERS - Page 2 Empty Re: SHERRIE AUSTIN....ONE OF MY FAVOURITE COUNTRY SINGERS

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:04 am

SaintMike wrote:A question from me first please Sherrie.

Until reading your Wikipedia page now, I had not realised that you were once an actress. Why did you stop acting? Which was your bigger love, acting or music?

I love both, but doing both takes a lot of energy and writing is my first love........I do however love theatre just because it's live and I really enjoy experiencing the
energy of an audience.
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:05 am

Saint-Paddy wrote:Hey, it looks like Mike has a crush on you Sherrie I love you !!!

Did you like the song Mike said was his favourite, it wasn't strong enough to be a single?

Wow I wrote that like over 10 years ago.......I'm glad Mike likes it! Very flattered by the crush as well, haha!
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:11 am

SaintRobbie wrote:Hi Sherrie, thanks for coming.

Have you ever travelled to the United Kingdom and done any concerts here?

I have been to the UK a few times, I LOVE it, can't wait to go back, have yet to do any big concerts there.........
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:14 am

Bob's your Uncle wrote: welcome

OK., We know Love Melts etc etc. is Mike's favourite song of yours, but which songs are your own favourites?

Hmmm, on my new cd "Circus Girl", probably "Friday Night Girls" because that was such a writing challenge for me........
I wanted to write the song version of a novel and I also wrote it by myself which is a little tougher because it hard to judge you're own work.
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:16 am

SaintMike wrote:Sherrie, I should like to add the Colorhaus CD to my collection, is it still available for sale? What type of material did you do on it?

Are you featured on any DVDs??

I'm not sure if it's still available, that was a long time ago and miles away from the music I do now........I'm sure you can find just about anything these days though if you look hard enough.
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:18 am

Jillyanne wrote: welcome

Did you have to undergo formal vocal training or did it come naturally? Can you say which singers have been the greatest influence to you?

I took vocal lessons when I was in my teens, even natural talent can use some training..........
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:19 am

Jillyanne wrote:And I must say you look so sexy and slim, does it come naturally or is there a secret to it?

Thankyou! There's no secret, i just never liked eating the foods that are bad for you, I'm lucky in the sense that I love my veggies and don't really like sweets that much........more a hot, spicy kinda' girl.
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:21 am

half pint wrote:Hi Sherrie! Thanks for coming on here. I see you were born Krenn, did you just pluck Austin from the air or is there any special significance to the name?

It's a mixture of Australia where my Mum is from and I was born and Austria which is where my Father is from. All the family names were terrible so I just combined the two countries and came up with Austin..........
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:22 am

DellBoy wrote:I agree with you Sam, you're a lovely girl Sherrie. I think you should be officially adopted as the website's own Country Singer. Mike, can we do that? That ok with you Sherrie??

I have no problem with that at all.........thanks!
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:24 am

MrsAlbion wrote: hi

Were you involved in the writing of your 'big' songs? Did you write Mike's favourite?

Yes I've written or co-written all my singles.......
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

LennyLion wrote:Hi, do you still live in America? What part of the country?

How long is it since you left Australia? Do you miss being there?

I live in Nashville, have been here for 17 years. I will being going back to Australia next March, that will be my first visit in 12 years.
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:27 am

Angie's Your Aunt wrote: hello

My favourite country singers are Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers. Have they recorded any of your songs?

Dolly Parton did a song of mine called "The Lucky Ones" as duet with Hal Ketchum.
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:28 am

North End Mam wrote:Hi!!

Great to see you are coming here.

If you look at actor Marc Ryan-Jordan's page you will see that he has been good enough to tell us his life story in one message. Any chance you could do something like that for us please?? That would be wonderful.

This gets you to Marc's page:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Grew up in Australia singing country music, moved to the States as a teen to do a TV series called the Facts Of Life and now currently reside in Nashville as a singer/songwriter and the rest is yet unknown............
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:30 am

SaintMike wrote:At the moment we have a number of other Country singers doing this for us....Shelly Fairchild, Amy Dalley, Tift Merritt, Chelsea Crowell and the Rankin Twins. Do you know any of them? Do you have an open personal message for any of them?

I have met Kenny, Shelly and Amy.........all fabulous talents!
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:30 am

Amy another Rankin Twin wrote:Oh my gosh Sherrie Austin. We Looooove you.

Thanks so much, look forward to meeting you someday......
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:31 am

April a Rankin Twin wrote:We've been listening to you for years... "lucky in love" You have curly hair like us too. Fun times!!

Thank you, curly hair huh? My sympathies, ha ha!
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:33 am

Dell-ta Dawn wrote:Are you superstious? Are there things you do or wear for good luck?

Not really superstitious............I don't walk under ladders though, that just seems like good common sense.....
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:34 am

Dell-ta Dawn wrote:Please tell us about some embarrassing moments when things have gone wrong??

You might need to be more specific, that could be a very long answer, tee hee hee!
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:35 am

Dell-ta Dawn wrote:If we were to meet your boyfriend or a member of your family and ask what they think are your most annoying and disgusting habits, what would they say??

I'm a neat freak, drives them all crazy!
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:42 am

"Can I ask a few questions so we can see what makes you tick??"

1 If you had not become a singer/composer what job would you have liked to do?

A journalist.

2 What hobbies do you pursue?

Love reading and hiking.

3.You always look so well dressed in photographs, which colours do you think suit you best?

Red and purple are my favorite colors.

4 In your private life are you a jeans or dresses type of girl?

Definitely jeans.

5 Nighties or PJs?

pjs

6 Do you follow any sports?

Not a sports chick at all, sorry!

7 Who are your favourite singers/groups (past or present)?

Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Bee Gees, Maroon 5, Tom Petty, Bruce Springstein, George Harrison, ELO, Willie Nelson..........this list could go on forever and in no
particular order............

8 What are or were your favourite TV programmes?

Seinfeld, Dexter and Little House On The Prairie......

9 What are your favourite films?

Ben Hur, Sound Of Music........

10. Do you prefer baths or showers?

Depends on my mood..

11. What is your favourite perfume?

Don't really like perfume that much.......

12 Who are your favourite actor and actress?

Sally Field, Meryl Streep, Toni Collette and Cate Blanchett

13 Who is your favourite comedian/funnyman

Bill Maher, Ricky Gervaise

14 What is your favourite joke?

Love jokes, never can remember them though.....

15 Do you have any pets?

A Yorkie puppy named Bitsy who is 3.

16 What is your favourite meal?

Anything my Mum cooks...

17 What is your favourite drink?

Red wine.....

18 What would you like to be doing in 20 years time?

Living in Tahiti on a beach drinking coconut water (my other favorite drink btw)

19 Are you married? If so is your husband in show biz?

Not married.

20 Do your family and friends have any nickname or pet name for you?

Lil' Sherry........cos no one ever says my name correctly.......
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:46 am

This is my latest video, Naughty or Nice....

sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sherrie austin Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:02 am

Happy New Year Mike, thanks for the website page!
sherrie austin
sherrie austin
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2