SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY....

+3
North End Mam
shelly fairchild
SaintMike
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY.... Empty SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY....

Post  SaintMike Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:27 am

I am pleased to tell you that lovely Country singer Shelly Fairchild is to come on here!!

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY.... Shelly_Fairchild_Photo

Shelly Fairchild created a buzz on the country scene in 2004, wowing crowds as a virtual unknown. Her debut album, Ride, was released in 2005, and spawned such hit singles as "You Don't Lie Here Anymore," "Tiny Town" and "Kiss Me," ensuring that everyone knows this rising country star.

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlWTS9FonaIsYATD47jGzhSyNxUAJ0l9X53iMkos00Dy_BeiDr

Shelly Fairchild Quote
" I like songs that say something, and that's why I love country music. There's no place that cares about emotional songwriting more than Nashville and country music. That's why I'm here."

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY.... 1344940018_1634744692_MV-Shelly-Fairchild-Tiny-Town-flv-Still

"I've got a lot of sass," Shelly Fairchild admits, but it only adds to this sultry 20-something's sex appeal. With her dark, intoxicating features, Shelly epitomizes the kind of earthy sensuality that radiates from the Mississippi Delta. She's no delicate girly-girl; when you see Shelly riding a Harley in her music videos, it's the real deal, because she's an avid biker.

Shelly brings her rough-and-tumble sexiness into her music and performances too. "I wanted the album [Ride] to be sexy and swampy," she says. And she doesn't just sound sexy either. Shelly was featured in the March 2005 issue of FHM, which paid tribute to the sexy sirens of country music. There she revealed: "I like to wear high-heel boots and skirts on stage, mainly to show a little bit of leg."

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY.... N_fhm1
Kerry Harvick, Jennifer Hanson, Lauren Lucas, Catherine Britt, Shelly Fairchild, Jessi Alexander, Jamie O'Neal, and Tift Merritt on FHM's Triple Gatefold Cover

Country fans might consider Shelly Fairchild an overnight success, but Shelly, like many who seem to come from nowhere, has had to work hard for years to make it where she is now. She got herself through college while starring in local musical theater, and had to toil in obscurity in Nashville before signing to Columbia Records in 2003. The critical success of Ride -- her first album -- is a great achievement.

Shelly's debut has certainly catapulted her to fame. She generated word-of-mouth attention as the opener for such stars as Travis Tritt and Wynonna Judd. CNN, Extra, CMT, People, USA Today, and Entertainment Weekly all took notice, and Shelly was even invited onto The Late Show with David Letterman.

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY.... Shelly_fairchild_1ppCt

Shelly Fairchild was born in the small town of Clinton, Mississippi, on August 23, 1977. Shelly grew up in a family of musicians; everyone sang, and many of her relatives played musical instruments as well. When Shelly was 6, her father gave her a guitar, and it wasn't long before she was singing constantly. Shelly's aunt, active in musical theater and the church choir, also played an important role during her formative years. "She could see how much I loved music," recalls Shelly, "and she would teach me songs and encourage me."

Once she reached high school, Shelly was already performing at community functions, state fairs and talent competitions. She joined her high school's show choir, Attach, which has also featured Lance Bass of *NSYNC fame.

Later, Shelly followed in her aunt's footsteps, performing in local musical productions of Always... Patsy Cline, Grease and Godspell, and joining the national touring company for Beehive: The '60s Musical. At the same time, Shelly attended Mississippi College in Clinton, majoring in communications and theater and minoring in music.

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY.... Shelley

Shelly decided to devote herself to music after finishing college, and in 2001, she moved to the epicenter of country music -- Nashville, Tennessee. Two years later, she signed with Columbia Records and began laying the groundwork for a grassroots debut.

Throughout 2004, Shelly performed in clubs, visited radio stations and opened for some of the country's biggest acts. She received a standing ovation when she opened for Wynonna Judd in Boston, and again when she opened for Travis Tritt. "I was overwhelmed by her voice and her ability to win over a live audience," Tritt remembers.

Ironically, the first concert Shelly attended was a Travis Tritt show in Jackson, Mississippi when she was in the fifth grade.

Meanwhile, work continued in the recording studio on Shelly's upcoming releases. Her first single, "You Don't Lie Here Anymore," came out in late September 2004, and was written by Shelly with Clay Mills and Sonny LeMaire. In December, she made her debut at the Grand Ole Opry; in February 2005, her second single, "Tiny Town" -- a tribute to her small Mississippi hometown -- was released.

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY.... Shelly-fairchild_000

Shelly's debut album, Ride, was released on May 3, 2005. Along with "You Don't Lie Here Anymore," Shelly cowrote three other songs, and the album also featured work by some of Nashville's top songwriters, including Stephony Smith, Dennis Linde, Leslie Satcher, Darrell Scott, and Doug Johnson. Shelly's third single, "Kiss Me," also hit the airwaves in 2005, and she went on tour with Rascal Flatts and others after her appearance on Late Show with David Letterman.

Toward the end of 2005, Shelly cut back her appearances, as she was busy in the studio working on new material for her next record. However, she was still able to open for an appreciative Shooter Jennings at his New Year's Eve concert in Phoenix, Arizona. It won't be long before Shelly has a whole new repertoire for her fans to get excited about.

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY.... 1305784673_shelly-fairchild-ride-2005
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY.... Empty Re: SHELLY FAIRCHILD SINGS COUNTRY....

Post  shelly fairchild Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:09 am

would LOVE to!
shelly fairchild
shelly fairchild
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:48 am

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:18 am

At the moment we have a number of other Country singers doing this for us....Amy Dalley, Tift Merritt, Chelsea Crowell, Sherrie Austin and the Rankin Twins. Do you know any of them? Do you have an open personal message for any of them?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:28 am

When you were a child who do you think influenced you? When you started singing who did you want to be?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:31 am

Hi
Have you ever visited the UK? if you have, what memories do you have of the country?
North End Mam
North End Mam
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:31 am

Do you have any ideas about how you want your music to progress? Do you plan to change direction in any way?
North End Mam
North End Mam

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillyanne Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:40 am

Have you written many songs? Have any of your songs been sung or recorded by other artists?
Jillyanne
Jillyanne

Female
Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillyanne Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:41 am

Are there any singers you would particularly like to sing or record with?
Jillyanne
Jillyanne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillyanne Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:44 am

Hi, you always look so lovely, I envy your looks so much. Does it come naturally or do you have to work hard to keep looking like that?

Is there any part of your looks that you're particularly proud of? And are there any bits you would like to change???
Jillyanne
Jillyanne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  saint marie Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:47 am

Hi there! Are you superstitious? Are there any things you do or wear for good luck?
saint marie
saint marie
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  saint marie Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:51 am

Which are your favourite songs?
saint marie
saint marie
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  saint marie Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:52 am

In your time in the music business to date, which gigs have you found most exciting? Which do you think have been your best shows?
saint marie
saint marie
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:53 am

I don't think I've heard your music yet. Which CD would you recommend I should buy to get to know your work? And have you appeared on a DVD yet?
DellBoy
DellBoy

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:58 am

Have there been times that things have not gone quite right? Any embarrassing moments you can tell us about?
DellBoy
DellBoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:03 am

You are surely a goodlooking and sexy young woman. I love the FHM picture of you in a bikini with your guitar.......and the one where you are in a line of singers and your pulling down on the top of your shorts or skirt......very nice indeed! Have you done more pictures like that?

Have you done any modelling or thought about going into that line of work?
DellBoy
DellBoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintsChick Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:09 am

Answer these so we can see what makes you tick?

1. Do friends have a pet name or nickname for you?

2. At school were you well-behaved or how did you get in trouble?

3 What hobbies do you pursue? Do you play any sports?

4 Do you drive? What would be your ideal car to drive?

5 If you were offered parts in a TV series, which series would you choose?

6 Who are your favourite singers/groups (past or present)?

7 Do you dance on stage?

8. What product would you like to be given a contract to advertise?

9 Do you have any pets?

10 What is your favourite meal? And favourite drink?

11 If you had not become famous what jobs would you have liked to do?

12. What musical instruments do you play?

13. Which colours do you prefer wearing?

14. In private life are you happier in jeans or skirts and dresses?

15. What do you prefer to sleep in? PJs, nighties or what?

16. What is your favourite perfume?

17. What is your ideal holiday/vacation?

18 Do you have a partner? Or children?

19 What is your favourite joke?

20 In 25 years from now what would you like to be doing?

SaintsChick
SaintsChick

Female
Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintsChick Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:16 am

I read that you said: "I like to wear high-heel boots and skirts on stage, mainly to show a little bit of leg."

Is that an accurate quote? You look great in your pictures. Can you tell us how you feel about revealing photos, DVDs or stage performances?

SaintsChick
SaintsChick

Female
Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  shelly fairchild Sat 03 Sep 2011, 11:54 pm

SUPER cool! I'm excited to answer your questions! Thanks for asking everyone.....;-)
shelly fairchild
shelly fairchild
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  shelly fairchild Sat 03 Sep 2011, 11:55 pm

SaintMike wrote:At the moment we have a number of other Country singers doing this for us....Amy Dalley, Tift Merritt, Chelsea Crowell, Sherrie Austin and the Rankin Twins. Do you know any of them? Do you have an open personal message for any of them?

Yes I know Amy Dalley, and Sherrie Austin. I've only met Tift Merritt and I unfortunately do not know Chelsea or The Rankin Twins. SO....the only personal message I might have is....WHUSUPP!??!?! hahahaha......

shelly fairchild
shelly fairchild
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  shelly fairchild Sat 03 Sep 2011, 11:57 pm

SaintMike wrote:When you were a child who do you think influenced you? When you started singing who did you want to be?

When I was a child, I used to sing Dolly Parton songs with my aunt. My best friend as a child was also someone that I was super influenced by and she and I would listen to everything from Madonna to Amy Grant. My dad always had Chicago and Air Supply and stuff like that playing in the car on my way to school.....I had a pretty well-rounded playlist going!

shelly fairchild
shelly fairchild
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  shelly fairchild Sat 03 Sep 2011, 11:58 pm

North End Mam wrote:Hi
Have you ever visited the UK? if you have, what memories do you have of the country?

HI~! Well, I have NEVER been to the UK!!!!! We have talked about touring there for the last few years now and I am keeping my fingers crossed that that will happen during 2012!!!

shelly fairchild
shelly fairchild
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  shelly fairchild Sat 03 Sep 2011, 11:59 pm

North End Mam wrote:Do you have any ideas about how you want your music to progress? Do you plan to change direction in any way?

Well, funny you should ask.....I have actually not played country music since my first record was released in 2005. I have just released a NEW record called "Ruby's Money" , and it is very much a SOUL/ROCK/FUNK record. So, I guess I would have to say 100% yes I have changed directions! ;-)

shelly fairchild
shelly fairchild
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  shelly fairchild Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:01 am

Jillyanne wrote:Have you written many songs? Have any of your songs been sung or recorded by other artists?

I have written LOTS of songs...and actually YESSSS!!! I 'm super excited to say I've had some of my songs recorded by other artists. I wrote a song called "Lookin For A Reason" that Little Big Town recorded, a song called "Mississippi's Cryin" recorded by both Emily West and Margaret Durante, "I Want To Love You" recorded by Cassie DePaiva, and Mindy McCready, "Smoke In The Wind" recorded by Meagan Mullins, "Here Comes The Sunshine" recorded by Margaret Durante and Aria Summer, "If Love Will Let Me" recorded by Margaret Durante, and "Put Yourself In My Blues recorded by Margaret Durante. AND I hope for many many more!!! Fingers crossed......

shelly fairchild
shelly fairchild
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  shelly fairchild Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:03 am

Jillyanne wrote:Are there any singers you would particularly like to sing or record with?

Hmmmmm, that is a hard one. I have so many singers that I would LOVE to record with! For starters, Jay-Z, Eminem, Adele, Grace Potter, Jessie J, Robyn, Beyonce, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Steven Tyler, Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, Jamie Johnson. Just off the top of my head...;-)
shelly fairchild
shelly fairchild
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next