SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC'S COVENTRY COMMENTARY AND COMMENTS...

+4
SFC Forever
teamsaint
Twizzle98
SaintMike
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

SFC'S COVENTRY COMMENTARY AND COMMENTS... - Page 5 Empty Re: SFC'S COVENTRY COMMENTARY AND COMMENTS...

Post  SaintMike Sun 05 Oct 2008, 11:05 am

Another great thread....thanks! Just a pity about the result.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

SFC'S COVENTRY COMMENTARY AND COMMENTS... - Page 5 Empty Re: SFC'S COVENTRY COMMENTARY AND COMMENTS...

Post  Sparkle Sun 05 Oct 2008, 12:33 pm

May have been a little harsh on James but I did say that we were far too spread out. This was a worse performance than QPR in a lot of ways. It showed that we were not learning our lessons quickly enough. At times it was like the charge of the light brigade when we piled forward on the attack. Our defence was left alone and with our inexperienced players we were caught out to often. Whereas in other games, Davis has been able to keep us alive enabling the kids to grow in the game, we were behind early and always in trouble.
This will happen again and we will have to grin and bare it because this team is fully capable of playing good incisive attacking football. This simple fact will allow us to win more than enough to remain afloat. We just have to keep backing them because they need us behind them as the twelth man.
Sparkle
Sparkle
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 1472
Job/hobbies : Dancing,Listening 2 music,Working wid children nd archery
Humor : Family Humor
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 05 Oct 2008, 12:36 pm

You may have realised that I had not signed in and previous was in fact my reply to Deano. Initially. Sparkle can't spell that well. OOPS might just have upset her.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sun 05 Oct 2008, 3:28 pm

Blimey I thought that Sparkle's typing and spelling had improved dramatically there! No offence meant, Sparkle.

Interesting point about Davis keeping us alive in other games to enable the kids to grow in the game, but that is dangerous. If Davis goes through a bad patch or gets injured we are in serious trouble and in the transfer window we seriously need a couple of new defenders. If the club can't afford them then they are going to have to do a Harry Redknapp and get a few loans and dodgy deals!

I hate losing, as we all do, but it's going to happen a lot this season. I hate to say it but merely staying up will be an achievement and mid-table will be fantastic. If by some miracle we can keep our better players we should be in a stronger psition next season as they will have more experience.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sun 05 Oct 2008, 4:17 pm

I don't think it's so much of a case of not having players who are good enough, but more that Jan doesn't really have a clue about tactics. In my opinion Lloyd James is not good enough to play right back and every team we play targets him as a weakness. But to be fair to him with an lazy and arrogant twat in front of him who thinks he's Ronaldo he doesn't get much help defending down the right hand side. Because of the formation with attacking full-backs which Jan insists on we were caught out on the counter attack numerous times against Coventry. At times it was like 4 attackers against 2 defenders which mean we had no chance.

I think we need to go to a 4-4-2 and put Jack Cork at right-back with Lloyd James at right mid because Jack Cork is a better defender and James is good going forward. This will make our right hand side much stronger and will also provide us with a supply of crosses from the right for Peckhart/Robertson etc to get onto the end off.

So the team would look something like this

Davis
Cork Lancashire Perry Mills
James Wotton Gillett Surman
Lallana Robertson

With Lallana playing slightly deeper than Robertson
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 05 Oct 2008, 5:15 pm

Thanx Teamsaint you have more or less said what I have. Only you have made a good suggestion as to a possible cure to our problem. Cork is far better and I feel with Spiderman back, hopefully, for Watford we will look much better. Gillett is a busy little player but Morgan is a better option I feel. So at moment I would swap Gillett for Spiderman. He weaves a fine web and that could be the lift this team needs. My main hope is that we can get one or two strong mobile CB's sooner rather than later. We all seem to be feeling similar thoughts so surely that is why Saints tried to get Gerrard when they did. We have to believe that our manager recognises the fact our defence needs help.Like you I also like playing 4 4 2. Helps both attack and defence.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sun 05 Oct 2008, 5:40 pm

I agree about Schneiderlin but he may not be back in time for Watford. If he is though I would personally have him with Gillett because I think they have proven to be a good partnership
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 05 Oct 2008, 5:50 pm

Must admit I wasn't thinking much further than Spiderman, but yes Gillett is a little worrier and will run about a bit more than Wotton. Would Schneiderlin make a good sweeper, do you think? That could be another way out.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5