SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANY OF THESE MAKE SENSE??

4 posters

Go down

ANY OF THESE MAKE SENSE?? Empty ANY OF THESE MAKE SENSE??

Post  SaintMike Sat 15 Jan 2011, 10:47 pm

"14 Jan 2011 14:02:18
1. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has no desire to leave southampton fc and will be there to guide saints to the premier league.
2. Swindon hot shot Charlie Austin is not on his way to saints any time soon but a new improved bid of £1.8million has been offered plus forgotten striker David Connolly.
3. Doncaster captain Brian Stock would be very much interested in a move to saints as he grew up around the area. He would like to be a part of the promotion charge and join for a fee off £800,000 plus young winger Joseph Mills.
4. Anthony Pugh will not consider a move to saints unless cherries boss Eddie Howe takes up the position at Burnley then he will issue a come and get me plea.
5. Guly has all but signed for saints but there are issues surrounding his work visa and Roma have reignited their interest in case the deal falls through.
6. Paul Wotton will be released at the end of the coming season along with David Connolly.
7. Lallana will also see out the 4 and a half years on his contract with saints to play Premier League football when they get there.
8. Jose Fonte will stay at saints at least till the end of the season as he is happy and settled in southampton.
9. And finally Crystal Palace midfielder Neil Danns is listening to offers from southampton after speaking to former palace players Fonte & Butterfield. He believes he has a good chance of playing premier league football with saints rather than palace who are heading only one way."

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

ANY OF THESE MAKE SENSE?? Empty Re: ANY OF THESE MAKE SENSE??

Post  Nostromo Sun 16 Jan 2011, 11:52 am

SaintMike wrote:"14 Jan 2011 14:02:18
1. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has no desire to leave southampton fc and will be there to guide saints to the premier league.
2. Swindon hot shot Charlie Austin is not on his way to saints any time soon but a new improved bid of £1.8million has been offered plus forgotten striker David Connolly.
3. Doncaster captain Brian Stock would be very much interested in a move to saints as he grew up around the area. He would like to be a part of the promotion charge and join for a fee off £800,000 plus young winger Joseph Mills.
4. Anthony Pugh will not consider a move to saints unless cherries boss Eddie Howe takes up the position at Burnley then he will issue a come and get me plea.
5. Guly has all but signed for saints but there are issues surrounding his work visa and Roma have reignited their interest in case the deal falls through.
6. Paul Wotton will be released at the end of the coming season along with David Connolly.
7. Lallana will also see out the 4 and a half years on his contract with saints to play Premier League football when they get there.
8. Jose Fonte will stay at saints at least till the end of the season as he is happy and settled in southampton.
9. And finally Crystal Palace midfielder Neil Danns is listening to offers from southampton after speaking to former palace players Fonte & Butterfield. He believes he has a good chance of playing premier league football with saints rather than palace who are heading only one way."

1. I hope that is the case but I have a feeling that money will talk and if the offer is big enough, then he'll go. The big clubs have an unfortunate tendency to get exactly what they want.
2. I can't see him coming here when clubs in the CC are interested. I thought he'd already said he wanted to move up a division.
3. Stock was linked with Saints last season but nothing came of it. This sounds like a rehash of that same old rumour
4. I can see that one happening.
5. I would hate to lose Guly, after a poor start he's been excellent. I don't want to see him forced out because of stupid red tape.
6. No surprise there, with either of them. Wotton's now dead wood and Connolly, while a great player when fit, is too often injured and is a waste of time.
7. I can see Lallana staying but only if we do get promoted back to the PL eventually. If we fail to get promotion this season and are stuck down in this crappy division next season I can't see any of our best players staying.
8. Again, I think that this depends on promotion. I can definitely see Fonte staying until the summer but if we fail to go up then he'll be off.
9. Like the Stock rumour, this is an old one from last January. But, having said that, if Danns has spoken to Fonte and Butterfield and they've persuaded him Saints is a good place to come, then who knows.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 17 Jan 2011, 8:48 pm

1. Makes sense but looks increasingly likely he will move, not by NC choice
2. Swindon will sell at end of window 50/50 if us as think most other clubs not willing to meet Swindon's valuation
3. Lallana's injury makes this more of a runner though Stock has had an injury lately. He is a creative type player so would fit the bill.
4. Not sure any Bournemouth players will come here.
5. Being Brazilian I hadnt thought about work permit issue, will be a shame if cant happen but would think saints would have checked that bit up front.
6. No surprise with Wotton and Mills. Fair play to Wotton, gone to Yeovil, 3 wins 1 draw no goals conceded, made an impact.
7. Thank goodness for players like Lallana who keep your faith that not every footballer is a money grabbing ****
8. Could see him asking to go if we don't go up. Shown again this season a class player.
9. Would like to see us sign Danns, shouldn't cost a fortune and better than Hammond so would improve the squad, Having Fonte and Butterfield here wont hurt.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 20 Jan 2011, 12:57 pm

Some more rubbish I am thinking....

"20 Jan 2011 12:39:02
Southampton FC news. . .

INS:

Michail Antonio from Reading for £1, 250,000

Richard Hughes on loan from Pompey until end of season and will sign permanent deal if Saints go up

Barcelona B Striker Saul expected to sign on loan for the remainder of the season with a view to a permanemt move if Saints get into the Championship

OUTS:
AOC off to Tottenham at the end of the season for a fee in excess of £12 million

Paul Wotton back to Plymouth on a free transfer

Dean Hammond back to Brighton if Saints fail to get promoted and the Seagulls go up

Joseph Mills to Doncaster for £150,000"

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 21 Jan 2011, 1:29 am

"Saints to confirm signings of Swindon's Charlie Austin, Bournemouth Midfielder Marvin Bartley and Crystal Palace Midfielder Kieron Cadogan early next week."

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  McGrathTakesNoPrisoners Sun 23 Jan 2011, 7:09 pm

23 Jan 2011 15:00:43
This info is all from a very reliable person within Southampton FC.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain HAS NOT been sold! The most notable newspapers who have it in for SFC is the Daily Echo, The Sun and the Daily Fail.
Today the Daily Mail published the story saying that Chamberlain is to leave by Wednesday. This is once again a false story simply to fill up the back page of a newspaper.

Chairman Nicola Cortese and manager Nigel Adkins have both stated Southampton is not a selling club and that no players will be leaving the winter.

Meaniwhile Charlie Austin is to join in the next few days after being shown around the clubs stadium and training ground last week.

McGrathTakesNoPrisoners
McGrathTakesNoPrisoners
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  McGrathTakesNoPrisoners Sun 23 Jan 2011, 7:11 pm

22 Jan 2011 18:45:32
After todays disappointing 2-0 away defeat at Tranmere Rovers, Southampton are desperate to sign at least 2 players in the last week of the transfer window.

Saints are wanting a new striker to bolster their attacking options as they enter a period which could make or break their promotion challenging campaign. With names like Charlie Austin and Matt Tubbs being mentioned.

Southampton want to sign ex-saint Andrew Davies on a 38 day loan from Stoke City.

After losing out on Ryan Harley to Swansea City, manager Nigel Adkins could turn to Sc* thorpe's Josh Wright who handed in a transfer request on tuesday
McGrathTakesNoPrisoners
McGrathTakesNoPrisoners
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Sun 23 Jan 2011, 7:15 pm

SaintMike wrote:"Saints to confirm signings of Swindon's Charlie Austin, Bournemouth Midfielder Marvin Bartley and Crystal Palace Midfielder Kieron Cadogan early next week."

They'd do me, but I really can't see Austin coming here. Stranger things have happened, though.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Sun 23 Jan 2011, 7:27 pm

McGrathTakesNoPrisoners wrote:23 Jan 2011 15:00:43
This info is all from a very reliable person within Southampton FC.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain HAS NOT been sold! The most notable newspapers who have it in for SFC is the Daily Echo, The Sun and the Daily Fail.
Today the Daily Mail published the story saying that Chamberlain is to leave by Wednesday. This is once again a false story simply to fill up the back page of a newspaper.

Chairman Nicola Cortese and manager Nigel Adkins have both stated Southampton is not a selling club and that no players will be leaving the winter.

Meaniwhile Charlie Austin is to join in the next few days after being shown around the clubs stadium and training ground last week.

I would believe the club over the meedja any day. The Echo is absolutely full of 'Chamberlain has been sold to [insert name of any PL club you can think of here]...' stories, most of which they have rehashed from the Daily Fail and the Scum. I was looking at their sports section this afternoon and it was mostly Chamberlain lies culled from the London rags, with nothing at all about Hampshire's brilliant achievement in getting to the Caribbean T20 final. Even their story about Guly signing was a direct rip off from the Saints Web article, right down to the Rickie Lambert quotes.

I don't know what the Daily Fail, the Echo (it's supposed to be the local paper and supportive of the club, ffs) and the Currant Bun have against the club, I thought all the upset media crap earlier in the season had all been smoothed over and ruffled feathers unruffled? Why all the Chamberlain stuff and nothing about Tranmere's Dale Jennings, who is an equally good young player? Why are the tosser hacks trying to flog off our players and not Jennings? Bloody rags.

I don't usually believe in conspiracy theories but I'm beginning to think that hints from Cortese about 'dark forces' being at work are true. The current regime have pissed someone off and they are trying to undermine them, with the help of the rags.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 24 Jan 2011, 4:00 pm

24 Jan 2011 14:06:12
Southampton Rumours
Okayy,
Saints are looking at 3 strikers: Charlie Austin, Matt Tubbs and James Beattie - austin and tubbs are both close to signing and connolly could move to swindon.
they also need a creative winger as puncheon look set to go, chambo might leave and lallanas injured - keiran cadogan and anthony pilikington have been mentioned
adkins also wants a central defender who could replace the ageing jaidi - marvin bartley and andy webster are potential targets

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 24 Jan 2011, 8:21 pm

Cant see Austin coming here unless no championship side bids for him and Swindon look to cash in. Beattie would be good news for the local night clubs takings but think he wont do the work rate for the lower leagues. Mackail Smith from Pboro I think is more likely than Austin.

I would like to see a midfield player and think Pugh from Bournemouth would be a good deal as he can also get goals, unlike Hammond and Schneiderlin.

Antonio might be a loan option but anything over 300k would be a joke, 14 games this season all as sub plus 2 appearances in the cup.

In terms of replacing Jaidi how about trying a kid called Martin, young CB who cant get a first team game, lives locally wouldn't cost anything!!!!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 25 Jan 2011, 11:41 pm

"25 Jan 2011 17:40:44
Beattie HAS been seen in the Southampton area, However this is only due to family commitments, His wife is from Southampton and her family still live down there.

Craig Mackail-Smith (Peterborough) and Marvin Bartley (Bournemouth) both to be sealed by the end of the week. Saints are also fighting it out with Sheffield Wednesday for the loan signing of Danny Drinkwater (Man Utd)"

"25 Jan 2011 18:16:08
There is no chance whatsoever that Febian Brandy will be joining Southampton. Fact. However the Mackail-Smith and Bartley deals look to have some real depth to them (Reliable source)
But I can only see the Drinkwater loan happening if Chamberlain goes to Manure. Saints interest in Hameur Bouazza will be stepped up, if (when) Oxo leaves."

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down