SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIPSTICK READY FOR FIRST TEAM NOW?

2 posters

Go down

LIPSTICK READY FOR FIRST TEAM NOW? Empty LIPSTICK READY FOR FIRST TEAM NOW?

Post  SaintMike Mon 16 Feb 2009, 11:32 pm

Found this on the Echo website....

Dean Gorre believes Zoltan Liptak will prove “a real asset” for Saints after watching the centre half in Saints’ 2-0 reserve team win over Lewes at Staplewood tonight.

The on-loan Hungarian defender was in dominant form as Saints stayed at the top of the Totesport Combination, winning everything in the air and looking good on the ball.

Saints were expected to cruise to victory with ten of the 14 players used having played in the first team this season.

The first half ended goalless with Saints, who had two trialists on show, spurning several good openings. A stunning 25-yard strike from Simon Gillett and a half volley from Joseph Mills proved the difference but it was Liptak who really caught the eye against Lewes who had a man sent off on 69 minutes.

First team coach Gorre said: “Zoltan was for me the best player on the pitch.

“He was what you expect from a centre back – he was solid, ruling in the air and looked like a real asset for the club.”

He added: “To be fair I hoped we would score more goals because the chances were there but what I liked most was they kept going. You see Bradley Wright-Phillips and right until the end he still wanted the ball, he still wanted to score.

“For a Monday for players who play regularly in the first team playing with such good fight for the reserves was the most important thing.”

The match was Gorre’s opener in charge of the reserves and he explained: “Mark Wotte and I do the reserves as much as we can if we can get the timing right with the first team.

“The first team is most important and then we try to do as much as we can with the reserves.

“We really don’t have a reserve team because everybody is in a whole group and that’s how we train and from that we choose who plays in the first team.”

Saints: Bialkowski, Marsh-Brown, Liptak, Lancashire, Molyneux, Gillett (Gobern 79), Pulis, Lallana, Gasmi (Mills 62), Fagan (Paterson 62), Wright-Phillips.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

LIPSTICK READY FOR FIRST TEAM NOW? Empty Re: LIPSTICK READY FOR FIRST TEAM NOW?

Post  SFC Forever Tue 17 Feb 2009, 4:23 pm

Writing him up like that could mean an appearance on Saturday.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down