SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FONTE'S VIEWPOINT ON HIS CONTRACT, EUROPE AND ROTATION

3 posters

Go down

FONTE'S VIEWPOINT ON HIS CONTRACT, EUROPE AND ROTATION Empty FONTE'S VIEWPOINT ON HIS CONTRACT, EUROPE AND ROTATION

Post  SaintMike Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:32 pm

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

FONTE'S VIEWPOINT ON HIS CONTRACT, EUROPE AND ROTATION Empty Re: FONTE'S VIEWPOINT ON HIS CONTRACT, EUROPE AND ROTATION

Post  matty07uk Wed 07 Dec 2016, 8:37 pm

For Fonte to say an increase in pay is not a contract offer is a joke.  He or his agent have clearly been angling for a move and suspect a move to Everton is in the offing, at least club have had time to sort out a replacement. His performances this season have been average.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

FONTE'S VIEWPOINT ON HIS CONTRACT, EUROPE AND ROTATION Empty Re: FONTE'S VIEWPOINT ON HIS CONTRACT, EUROPE AND ROTATION

Post  Pete from Oz Thu 08 Dec 2016, 10:20 am

It reads as though he is looking for an exit reason/excuse. I guess when you're 33, you've gotta try and maximise the earnings.

That said, he's probably made more money this calendar year, than I have in the past 20.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:13 pm

I am sure we will miss him in defence but don't think he ever made the ideal captain
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 14 Dec 2016, 7:31 pm

I am less fussed about him going so long as we have a replacement lined up, and not relying on Gardos or Yoshi. Yoshi has been decent this year but is not a top class defender, his distribution can be poor and doesn't impose himself but always reliable and gives his best with no ego so as cover for injuries suspensions is fine. Gardos I am not sure of, a lot of injuries which has to be a worry and has not experienced really the premiership so bringing in now as replacement for Fonte would be a major gamble. Lots of talk about Wimmer from spuds so long as we don't get ripped off but suspect Levy will not be wanting to spend much on players with new ground so may look to offload those not in first team so a possibility
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down