SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME TO CARDIFF

3 posters

Go down

HOME TO CARDIFF Empty HOME TO CARDIFF

Post  SaintMike Thu 10 Apr 2014, 10:14 am

Cardiff are fighting for their lives......are we going to get the win or mess it up?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

HOME TO CARDIFF Empty Re: HOME TO CARDIFF

Post  matty07uk Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:39 pm

I think we will win this one even without JRod. think the boys will be fired up for this one because of JRod's injury and see goals for rickie, Adam and another for Sam Gallagher, 3 - 1.

That said is based on Boruc in goal, will be more nervous if Gazzigniga is in goal
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 11 Apr 2014, 10:57 am

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11142635._/?

Ward-Prowse and Guly have failed to impress recently and I would opt for playing Gallagher up front with Lambert in a deeper role. Or is Harrison Reed worth a game? I don't think I have ever seen him play. I think Isgrove is out on loan somewhere, isn't he??

I'm sure Tino won't agree and he will almost certainly start either Ward-Prowse or Guly.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Fri 11 Apr 2014, 7:40 pm

Think he will start Ward Prowse with Lallana given a role further forward. would much rather have WP than Guly start and would at least give the option of Gallagher to come off the bench.

Personally I would start Gallagher and Rickie allowing Gallagher the centre forward position and have the option of Ward Prowse to come on once we are 3 up.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 12 Apr 2014, 10:51 pm

well one of the worst performances of the season. Ramirez started with Gallagher and WP on he bench so looked fairly attacking with effectively 3 midfield, Cork, Schneiderlin and Davis with Lallana, Ramirez and Lambert up front. game started well with saints dominating possession and no threat at all from Cardiff. despite all the possession we failed to make many clear cut chances. lots of sideway passing but most threat came from runs by shaw and lallana. Big frustration was the same old problem of saints players failing to take responsibility and actually take a shot and trying to walk the ball through. Lallana had a shot straight at Marshall then Ramirez had a shot deflected which hit the bar came out but no one in the box to pick up the rebound. No threat from Cardiff who had one up front who was poor. Only threat from set pieces and from a free kick ball came straight through to gazziniga, simple catch into midriff instead punches the ball out, simply not a top league goalie. Three corners for Cardiff before half time all punched by Gazzinga.

second half pretty much same as first with saints controlling possession, Lambert headed over but game was going nowhere when so predictable Cardiff scored. Corner came in headed across the goal and their player picked up loose ball and had time to but in far corner. saints then brought on Gallagher for Ramirez, should have done earlier, Ramirez had found himself clean through but thought was offside, miscontrolled ball and fell over, then claimed hurt his ankle, embarrassing. The MP took of Chamebrs for Cline and at least Cline had our best shot of the day drawing a decent save from marshall, cork was then taken of for Guly, crazy decision. One chance fell to Guly who not surprisingly failed to control and chance went begging. Huffed and puffed but one of those days, Lambert had a chance but lost control and went wide. Gazzaniga made a decent block at the end from Zaha.

Gazziniga 6 not at fault for goal but gives no confidence
Chambers 6 not a great game delivery was poor
Fonte 6 not much to do but seems to struggle when not busy
Lovren 7 normal game
Shaw 7 made plenty of runs forward
Lallana 7 tried but one of those frustrating days and pulled out of a couple of tackles, Jrod factor?
Davies 6 not at his best must start shooting
Cork 7 lots of energy one of our better players odd was subbed
Schneiderlin 6 worked hard
Ramirez 5 great chance for him to stamp his claim for starting position, failed miserably
Lambert 6 not a great game

Subs Gallagher 6 worked hard poor service
Guly 5 another one who needs to be on a plane to brazil but for different reasons
Cline 7 did well when he came on best shot of the day
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 13 Apr 2014, 12:02 am

Thanks Matty......a very poor display, when Saints are up against a really poor side they are much too easily dragged down to the same level. We really do need a clinical finisher. On Sky it looked as if we should have had a first-half penalty for handball but we shouldn't have to rely on penalty decisions.

I thought a few weeks ago Tino was saying that he planned to give some of the youngsters some game time before the end of the season, maybe 2 or 3 young lads could have got us a result today.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Sun 13 Apr 2014, 4:45 am

Thanks Matty. I agree, this was a poor result.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 13 Apr 2014, 1:05 pm

Mike

I really do not understand why a couple of youngsters were not on the bench, Harrison Reed instead of Guly, why not Rowe to add a bit of pace. I think Boruc is probably fit enough to play but are looking at gazziniga but should have seen enough now to know simply not good enough. Also think he should start Gallagher, much harder to come on as sub and get up to speed with a game.

Would also want MP to stop messing the club around and either commit to the club or say he is leaving. The uncertainty is beginning to affect performances and with just a few weeks left and 4 games cannot believe they cannot get sorted out now. A key period coming up for the club, pressure to retain players, need to refresh and improve the squad and cannot do that with uncertainty over the manager.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content