SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CARDIFF COMMENTARY

+4
North End Mam
teamsaint
Vegassaint
SFC Forever
8 posters

Go down

CARDIFF COMMENTARY Empty CARDIFF COMMENTARY

Post  SFC Forever Tue 24 Feb 2009, 8:50 am

Well we got our first scent of the good life. Is it possible that we can do a repeat?
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

CARDIFF COMMENTARY Empty Re: CARDIFF COMMENTARY

Post  SFC Forever Tue 24 Feb 2009, 8:51 am

Spiderman could be back but I am hoping we start with the same 11.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Vegassaint Tue 24 Feb 2009, 7:29 pm

SFC Forever wrote:Spiderman could be back but I am hoping we start with the same 11.

think we would be stupid not to start with the same 11 but who is going to replace maglaggon
Vegassaint
Vegassaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Job/hobbies : DARTS FOOTBALL GOLF DRINKING
Humor : mock the week,porridge
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Tue 24 Feb 2009, 10:29 pm

Vegassaint wrote:
SFC Forever wrote:Spiderman could be back but I am hoping we start with the same 11.

think we would be stupid not to start with the same 11 but who is going to replace maglaggon

mcglaggon didn't play on saturday he was already injured before the game. It will be interesting to see if Morgan gets on the bench now his suspension is over. I don't think he works as a sub at all so it would be stupid but I'd expect him to replace Smith. The starting XI will presumably be the same.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 25 Feb 2009, 5:59 pm

After the performance against Cardiff I would be both shocked and disappointed if the starting eleven is altered.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Thu 26 Feb 2009, 10:40 am

Cardiff have only lost 4 times this season, I think you'll find it harder to beat them than our lot. Hope you can do it.
North End Mam
North End Mam
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 26 Feb 2009, 11:10 am

SFC Forever wrote:After the performance against Cardiff I would be both shocked and disappointed if the starting eleven is altered.

Did we win already??? Very Happy
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 26 Feb 2009, 11:11 am

North End Mam wrote:Cardiff have only lost 4 times this season, I think you'll find it harder to beat them than our lot. Hope you can do it.

Thanks for the good wishes Mam... I can see that a win for us would help Preston's position too!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Thu 26 Feb 2009, 6:56 pm

We will do our best for you. Just hope we can actually have two good games on the trot.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Thu 26 Feb 2009, 10:17 pm

Cardiff have an injury crisis which might be good for us. Probably lucky for Cardiff they have us while they have a crisis (but I expect our home form to improve now so this may not be true and we may win convincingly again, hopefully Very Happy )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/7911552.stm
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 28 Feb 2009, 9:32 am

Haven't seen SFC on here for a day or two, hope he will be here for the commentary.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 28 Feb 2009, 5:05 pm

GET IN!!!!! 1-0 thanks to a DMG penalty in the 11th minute. I missed the game and the commentary as I wasn't feeling too good this afternoon. Home wins are like buses, none for ages then two at once. 8)

Edit: we're still in the bottom three, thanks to Forest winning.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 28 Feb 2009, 10:11 pm

Generally about the team I would say let's not forget the magnitude of the last two wins. Both teams were 4th in the league at the time we beat them and Cardiff were unbeaten in 13, which must have made them full of confidence. Cardiff did lack a bit of cutting edge but you can tell why they are high up the league and hard to beat. We caused a defence that looked to me to be one of the best that had come to SMS this season plenty of problems, and if we were a bit more clinical we could have won by another goal or two. Saga and DMG both missed good chances and Euell blocked a shot by Saga that was going in. As a team we are defending together and attacking together as a unit which we haven't done all season. I think Wotte's a twat but he knows what he's doing which is what counts. Optimistic for tuesday Very Happy

Davis 8 Again relatively untroubled because of the quality in front of him but what about that double save, fantastic especially the 2nd from the header!

James 7 Another good game defending well. Still crossing from deep but that's not his fault.

Seaijs 9 Immense. Won absolutely everything in the air, put himself in front of everything. As Andrew Davies was described last seasonm, "he puts his head where other wouldn't put their feet."

Perry 8 As usual Mr. dependable, wins plenty in the air considering his size and sweeps up really well behind Size. They really complement each other and have formed a good partnership, reminiscent of Lucketti and Perry at the end of last season, especially the Bristol City game (when we won 2-0) which was the best centre-back performance as a partnership that I'd seen since the days of Killer and Claus.

Skacel 7 Another solid game for Rudi and got forward a lot mroe today than he has previously this seasons. Along with Perry another very consistent performer.

Lallana 7 I think Lallana is getting back to his best as we saw at the start of the season. The problem is though he does not get wide enough in the midfield diamond. We are playing a narrow system but when we have the ball he should get to the line and let James overlap and then when we don't have the ball he should get more central. Surman has a really good balance between playing central midfield and playing as a left winger in this formation, and Lallana needs to be like that as well because otherwise we are only a threat on the left especially against a team like Cardiff who have 2 very strong, tall centre backs.

Surman 8 As I said he has found a really good balance between what position he adopts when we have the ball and we don't have it and him and Rudi really link up well and look dangerous all the time. For the last 2 games he ahs worked really hard and I can't remember a time where he has lost the ball. Always a goal threat as well which is such a valuable thing to have as a midfielder.

Gillett 7 I didn't think Gillett played as well as last week but he is still a quality player and its good that people are finally realising that other than his obvious determination he has other strengths. He is always first to the second ball and I think he is the most important reason we have won the last two games. Still a shame about the passing though, as I've said before if he could pass the ball as well as he could tackle he'd be the best midfielder in the league.

McGoldrick 7 To be honest I was expecting him to miss the penalty but credit to him it was very well taken. Generally he worked very hard without having a huge impact, but he's starting to get some confidence back and hopefully will end the season strongly like he started it.

Euell 8 Without doing too much he again was important for us, making a lot of space for others and competing well in the air even if he lost out mostly. Did show several moments of quality and some good passing to compliment the usual workrate and aggression. Shame about the silly yellow card at the end though because if he picks up a few more and gets suspended that could be costly.

Saga 7 Didn't get a goal today which was a shame because he did have one good chance but still looked lively and worked hard and was always a threat which all good goalscorers are.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Feb 2009, 11:25 pm

Thanks for that Team Saint...for your detailed summary it goes as contender for Post of the Month
Admin
Admin
Forum Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-08-29

https://ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Feb 2009, 11:36 pm

Great result....but worried now why SFC isn't around.
Admin
Admin
Forum Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-08-29

https://ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 28 Feb 2009, 11:39 pm

Admin wrote:Great result....but worried now why SFC isn't around.

yes it is strange for our 'pillar of the forum' not to be here. hope he will return soon
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 28 Feb 2009, 11:41 pm

Think the attendance was better at just over 18500
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 28 Feb 2009, 11:54 pm

A few further observations:

1) Killer seems to be making quite an impact with the addition of his battling spirit and determination. Whenever we have the ball every player is wanting it, no-one is hiding and no-one is being carried. For too long this season we have had 6 good players and 5 players being carried. Now everybody is doing all of their job and half of someone elses, and every player believe in themselves. I think his role as being a coach does make quite a different impact to his role as captain and I have noticed that he spends a lot of time talking to players and discussing tactics before they come on along with with Gorre, while Wotte is normally on the touchline. So much has our confidence and passion improved that I believe we will win all the remaining 5 home games.

2) Brilliant support today.

3) Reports are that someone has been seriously injured in a fight near the stadium. On the way to the stadium we noticed several fights breaking out and there was a large police presence understandably. Policemen piling onto a Cardiff fan and a drunk man walking around aimlessly in the middle of a yellow box (on the road), it was chaos. I hope that if the reports are true then no-one is badly hurt.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SAVED MY FIVER Sun 01 Mar 2009, 9:47 am

SaintMike wrote:Think the attendance was better at just over 18500

An improvement I think