SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADKINS OUT???

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ADKINS OUT??? - Page 2 Empty Re: ADKINS OUT???

Post  SaintMike Sat 19 Jan 2013, 1:01 am

After the initial shock I have calmed down a little and I'm thinking......

We might not like Cortese but it has to be in his own interests to do what he thinks will be most successful for the club. We are all well aware that Adkins has done a magnificent job for us..........but just possibly, at the stage we have reached now, Pochettino could do a better one. At least, that is what Cortese must be banking on.

If Pochettino fails and Saints are relegated Cortese must know that the fans will never forgive him!

I should have liked to see Cortese give Adkins some recognition for the job he did (an honorary role? a testimonial match for him??) but that is never going to happen.

As most of us know, I have been a Saints fan for many many years and I shall continue to be a fan so I wish the new manager every success in the role.....his problem with the language should make his post-match interviews interesting!

One thing as a Saints supporter you are rarely bored.........
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:13 am

Mike

I woke up this morning and hoped it had all been a bad nightmare but unfortunately wasnt. Like you I have supported for saints for years but admit there have been 2 occassions when I have not gone to games aside from when didnt live locally. One was Branfoot was in charge, watched a midweek game in pouring rain at the dell we lost against W Ham and we were so awful vowed never to go back until he had gone. Second was when under Lowe. Beginning to feel that with cortese who from contacts I have have been told is a complete jerk the way he operates.

Even if he wanted to change, and think Adkins has hacked him off not playing Ramerez every game and from the start the timining is utter folly. Might have accepted if he brought in an experienced top manager but the guy he has brought in will in my view prove no better than Adkins. Plus we could end up with the same reputation as Chelsea with decent managers avoiding us.

Will support the team monday night but will also be chanting NA name and before game and at half time Cortese will get abuse from me as he is dragging our name and reputation down
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:50 am

The timing of this is absolutely abysmal and, if Nigel was to be sacked, it could have waited to the end of the season. Shockingly poor form from Cortese. That said, I hope that fans aren't going to 'so a Chelsea' and hurl abuse, because that will be counter-productive and hasten our relegation (if, indeed, we are to be relegated); we can all see how Chelsea are being affected at home by the endless barracking of Rafa Benitez. Toys are being hurled out of the pram on SW, with people threatening to return season tickets and give up supporting Saints which in my opinion is a complete over-reaction. Do they support Saints or one man? I don't agree with the timing or the nature of the sacking, as I think it could have waited until the end of the season - and, from what I've read, Nigel heard from the BBC, not Cortese, which is cowardly of the man in the extreme - but we have to move on.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:31 pm

Just seen this website and have added a comment, not sure if anyone wants to visit and comment

http://onenigeladkins.com/?success=1
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

ADKINS OUT??? - Page 2 Empty £500,000 SETTLEMENT

Post  SaintMike Mon 30 Sep 2013, 12:37 am

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 30 Sep 2013, 6:46 pm

I hope Nigel can move on now, with his head held on high, decent sum of money in the bank and beginning to put together some decent results in Championship. Hope they get promotion then can properly welcome Nigel back to St Marys.

Cannot fault the decision now as you look at the squad and can see how Pochintino has been influential in bringing in good foreign players but still think cortese could have done better and should not be the need to legal action to pay someone who did a great job at St Marys.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2