SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Even Man United are worried for us??

2 posters

Go down

Even Man United are worried for us?? Empty Even Man United are worried for us??

Post  SaintMike Thu 16 Oct 2008, 10:16 am

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Even Man United are worried for us?? Empty Re: Even Man United are worried for us??

Post  SFC Forever Thu 16 Oct 2008, 10:05 pm

We are a very famous well loved team. Trouble is it appears to be other teams supporters who are worried most. It's about time a few changes were made in the thinking at St Marys. Someone has to realise that the time for action has arrived. When we are spoken about as if nearly dead and buried we must take note.
First the club has to decide whether it can afford to continue fighting debt in the way it has. Then it has to decide how to attract money into it's coffers. Selling more players hardly seems to be an option as it will leave us incredibly short of strength. Owing a lot on the mortgage also cuts down on the options.
Losing points for going into administration could destroy our status as a Championship member. As could the sale of our remaining players of quality. Things are looking bleak and still our club tells us nothing to help us understand how we stand. If we are going further into decline the club needs to let us know. Fore-warned is fore-armed. It amazes me when I see our troubles broadcast over other teams websites as if we are going down. It is not too late to turn it round so we have to work out what we want.
By selling off our most valuable assets Lowe has apparently kept the wolves at bay. Others would suggest this is asset stripping. By imploying the cheapest management option going he has taken one hell of a gamble. Jan appears to know what he is doing and the gamble may well come off if given time. It must be noted that he nearly got the job last time around when Lowe was in power.
Giving a discount on ticket prices has been turned down as an option. This I find deplorable. We are in a credit crunch and with a little thought this idea could help in two ways. First by offering an option for a discount many might again return. If the option was along the route of a discount according to how many tickets were bought it would put money into the club that they would not get otherwise. Buy three get one free for upfront payment could be an option. Something that could increase the gate without an initial loss. This could give the team a chance to show what they are capable of achieving, and allow for a poor performance among the series of games. If it worked income would increase and at little or no cost.
Now I am not smart. But the people running our club are supposed to be mentally alert. We can discuss these thoughts and perhaps come up with two or three ideas that could help. Why I ask is it that the club seems incapable of doing the same?
One last option is to make a new share issue. This could at least pay off some of the mortgage and give us a bit more time.
I have had my say so perhaps some of you could help us put together a workable package to offer the club a way forward. Give us your thoughts.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Even Man United are worried for us?? Empty Re: Even Man United are worried for us??

Post  SaintMike Fri 17 Oct 2008, 12:05 am

Thanks SFC.....a contender for P.O.T.M.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down