SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'M MICHAEL OBIORA

+2
SaintMike
MichaelObiora
6 posters

Go down

I'M MICHAEL OBIORA Empty I'M MICHAEL OBIORA

Post  MichaelObiora Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:04 am

Hi, your admin has been in touch with me and suggested I might come here and introduce myself. I am a television actor and if you watched Hotel Babylon you may remember me behind the reception desk.

I'm an Arsenal fan. Sorry mates!
MichaelObiora
MichaelObiora
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

I'M MICHAEL OBIORA Empty Re: I'M MICHAEL OBIORA

Post  SaintMike Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:52 am

welcome Michael!

Anyone got questions?

I'M MICHAEL OBIORA Michael_obiora_396x222

From Wiki........

Michael Obiora was born on 8 October 1986 in North-West London to Nigerian-Igbo parents. As a 6 year old, Obiora was determined to become an entertainer like his idol Michael Jackson and his mother enrolled him in drama lessons.
At age 9, he became the youngest actor to have appeared in Grange Hill; he played Max Abassi on the programme for five years.
I'M MICHAEL OBIORA M_obiora_124x69
MICHAEL AS MAX IN GRANGE HILL

Just before his eighteenth birthday Obirora landed a role playing the part of Gunner Jackson Clarke, a soldier in ITV’s eight-part series Bombshell, starring opposite Footballers Wives star Zöe Lucker. Shortly after filming Bombshell, Obirora started a seven-month run in the play Elmina’s Kitchen written by Kwame Kwei-Armah, at the Garrick Theatre. He also had a role in the stage play Exclude Me, completing a successful 11-week run on stage at The Chelsea Theatre and lead roles in the play Fallout at the Royal Court Theatre and Badnuff at The Soho Theatre.

I'M MICHAEL OBIORA Michaelobiora

Obiora has had television roles in My Family, Judge John Deed, Sea of Souls, ITV1’s Afterlife , Doctor Who, Doctors, Powers, The Bill and Holby City. He was in four episodes of EastEnders, the first episode of which aired on 11 June 2009, in which he played playboy footballer, Ellis Prince.
I'M MICHAEL OBIORA Thurs10
MICHAEL AS ELLIS PRINCE IN EASTENDERS

Obiora played receptionist Ben Trueman in the BBC One drama series Hotel Babylon, which was cancelled after its fourth series.
I'M MICHAEL OBIORA 286308
HOTEL BABYLON

He will join the cast of the long-running medical drama Casualty for its 26th season playing the part of Lloyd, a nurse.
I'M MICHAEL OBIORA 446obiora_mantock

Obiora is a sports and fitness enthusiast and is a keen Arsenal fan. He has written a novel, Black Shoes, that was released in e-book format in 2009.
I'M MICHAEL OBIORA 3980976187_05afbca44c
BOOK-SIGNING

He is also writing a screenplay, setting up a production company and a clothing line and has plans to open a restaurant in the near future. For years Obiora suffered from debilitating stomach pains and extreme fatigue which caused his speech to slur and often hampered his work. In 2008 he was diagnosed with coeliac disease and has thus had to control his diet.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:56 pm

Hi!!

Great to see you here. I thought you were awesome in Hotel Babylon, the connection between yourself and the girl on the desk (sorry I can't remember her name) was magical.

If you look at actor Marc Ryan-Jordan's page you will see that he has been good enough to tell us his life story in one message. Any chance you could do something like that for us please?? That would be wonderful.

This gets you to Marc's page:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
North End Mam
North End Mam
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:03 pm

I am sure the cast must have had great fun making Hotel Babylon. Can you tell us any amusing incidents? or things that went wrong??
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen D Saints Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:11 pm

You're an Arsenal fan, were you at the Cup Final between Arsenal at Saints in Cardiff?

Do you feel that Wenger will end up buying our Alex Chamberlain?

What are your thoughts on Theo Walcott's progress?
Owen D Saints
Owen D Saints

Male
Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:29 am

welcome

I am truly envious of you......you lucky bounder.........for starring with the gorgeous Zoe Lucker in Bombshell. Was she a pleasure to work with?, please tell us all the juicy details! Can you please tell us about other lovely actresses you have starred with??

I'M MICHAEL OBIORA Zoe-Lucker-400x500-21kb-media-4794-media-119937-1189108121
DellBoy
DellBoy

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Dell-ta Dawn Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:47 am

Hi, I remember loving you in Grange Hill. Do you have any amusing stories of those days?
Dell-ta Dawn
Dell-ta Dawn

Female
Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelObiora Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:00 pm

North End Mam wrote:Hi!!

Great to see you here. I thought you were awesome in Hotel Babylon, the connection between yourself and the girl on the desk (sorry I can't remember her name) was magical.

If you look at actor Marc Ryan-Jordan's page you will see that he has been good enough to tell us his life story in one message. Any chance you could do something like that for us please?? That would be wonderful.

This gets you to Marc's page:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks a lot, I really enjoyed working on Hotel Babylon. Ben was such a joy to play, and people still come up to me and tell me how much they enjoyed it. The actress who played Anna, my fellow receptionist, is called Emma Pierson. We were both in Grange Hill but our character's never crossed paths. On Hotel B we would often improv and try things out, and we found a comfortable rhythm working together. I think that's especially important with comedy because the timing is so vital.

MichaelObiora
MichaelObiora
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelObiora Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:01 pm

SaintMike wrote:I am sure the cast must have had great fun making Hotel Babylon. Can you tell us any amusing incidents? or things that went wrong??

I'm not going to inadvertently reveal anybody else's secrets or embarrassment! But I'll reveal a funny thing that affected me! My mum came to visit me on set, and she was so excited to get involved in the 'glamour'. So she came decked out in her best outfit, and she topped it off with a pair of sunglasses. In keeping with the glamour theme, she kept her shades on inside, which led to her tripping up and flying across the set - in the middle of a take! Thankfully she was fine but I think I was embarrassed than her! In fact, I know I was because in the next take she waved at the camera! Two embarrassing moments in one day! I didn't let her visit again after that!

MichaelObiora
MichaelObiora
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelObiora Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:03 pm

Owen D Saints wrote:You're an Arsenal fan, were you at the Cup Final between Arsenal at Saints in Cardiff?

Do you feel that Wenger will end up buying our Alex Chamberlain?

What are your thoughts on Theo Walcott's progress?

I didn't get to that match
I wouldn't be surprised if we got Chamberlain. He knows that Arsenal is a place where he'll be developed with patience. Wenger believes in the future, and if Chamberlain has good advisors, they will encourage the move. Sorry Saint's fan's! To be honest, I'd rather we bought players who are more likely to make an immediate impact. We have a great youth academy, and really, our team is young enough. We now need some older players who have experienced winning trophy's. Clichy was the last of our winner's and this is where we should be concentrating.
I can understand the Chamberlain/Walcott comparisons. If we do get him I hope he progresses quicker than Theo. I don't mind Walcott, Wenger, as ever, has been patient with him. A lot of expectation was heaped on Walcott leading up to the 06 world cup. I think it was a mistake for him to be selected. But of course that's not his fault. He's also been unlucky with injuries, and he grew up as a striker, not a winger. I don't think he makes a good winger. His delivery isn't very good, and his speed turns into messy ball control. He's a good finisher and hopefully he get's to play where he feels more comfortable. But I have to say that if he doesn't have a good season this time around, maybe he should move on.

MichaelObiora
MichaelObiora
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelObiora Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:04 pm

DellBoy wrote: welcome

I am truly envious of you......you lucky bounder.........for starring with the gorgeous Zoe Lucker in Bombshell. Was she a pleasure to work with?, please tell us all the juicy details! Can you please tell us about other lovely actresses you have starred with??

I'M MICHAEL OBIORA Zoe-Lucker-400x500-21kb-media-4794-media-119937-1189108121

I have been lucky to work with some pretty ladies - I like to think the feeling is mutual! There isn't any dirt to dish but even if there was, I wouldn't! I think Zoe is a talented actress, and she created a great character in Footballer's Wives.

MichaelObiora
MichaelObiora
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelObiora Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:05 pm

Dell-ta Dawn wrote:Hi, I remember loving you in Grange Hill. Do you have any amusing stories of those days?

My Grange Hill days are still the best 5 years of my life. I was 9 years old when I started on that, and I look back on it as the world's best youth club!
I was a chubby kid, and there used be a 6 month gap in between shooting the series'. I went through puberty induced changes, and when I returned for series, the viewers' didn't recognise me. There was a little campaign to 'bring back the old, cute Max'! It took a while for me to convince people I was the same actor!

MichaelObiora
MichaelObiora
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down