SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jadhi signs new deal

3 posters

Go down

Jadhi signs new deal Empty Jadhi signs new deal

Post  Alf Tupper Tue 17 May 2011, 11:06 pm

Radhi Jaidi has signed a new one year deal with Saints according to the Saints website.
Alf Tupper
Alf Tupper
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 2108
Job/hobbies : Media Operations
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Jadhi signs new deal Empty Re: Jadhi signs new deal

Post  SaintMike Wed 18 May 2011, 10:28 am

The Ugly Inside's take on it...........

Jaidi Staying ! This Means Departures !
Wed 18th May 2011 09:18

Rahdi Jaidi has signed a new deal but this could mean departures.

Most Saints fans will welcome the new one year deal awarded to Rahdi Jaidi this week but this could have ramifications to other squad members, althouth Jaidi had a decent season in League One and obviously still has the hunger and desire to keep playin, Saints clearly had issues in the central defensive positions.

Most Saints supporters I have spoken to whilst appreciative of Jaidi's efforts recognised that if we are to tighten up at the back we really need to sign a truly Championship class central defender to play alongside Fonte, in fairness to Jaidi and with all respect to him, he will be 36 in August and last season he felt the pace at times and had to be rested, not to mention niggling injuries which are a hazard at that age, Jaidi did well to start 2/3's of the total league games last term, but in truth thats about his maximum given the number of games Saints will play.

This means that Saints either have to rely on what they have or still sign someone as first choice.

Taking the option of relying on what we have, that doesnt look that viable at this moment in time, to be blunt Dan Seaborne didnt look comfortable in League one and the step up to the Championship might just be a step too far for him, Aaron Martin looks to have promise, but clearly last season Nigel Adkins did not rate him and this showed in the number of games Martin got under him, either Adkins is going to take a great big leap of faith with Martin or we have to go out and buy someone.

But if we do that we will be top heavy on central defenders, I cannot see the Chairman letting Adkins have the luxury of five centre halves on the books, that being the case at least one will have to go, but will it be Martin who would be the simple option being out of contract, or will we look to try and get at least part of our money back on Seaborne, personally I would go for the latter.

My personal view on this contract is we have perhaps let sentiment get in the way of being pragmatic, whilst Jaidi did do a job for Saints, at his age i cannot see him being up to the pressures of the Championship, he was caught out for pace at times in League One and like many of his co defenders was prone to the odd individual error or two as was shown at Brighton & Walsall, a good option for cover perhaps, but if we are looking to press on, not the man for the job, I hope Im proved wrong, but this deal will start to show Saints intent for next season, either we are going to be satisfied with what we have already got for next year at the back or this is the start of a rebuilding programme that will see new signings but will spell the end of their Saints careers for Martin & Seaborne or possibly both.

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Wed 18 May 2011, 3:17 pm

Don't care if he makes a few mistakes or isn't quick, his aerial dominance is so important. He wins 95% of headers and that is the bread and butter of defending even in the championship. Jaidi's contribution this season is much undervalued.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down