SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next season

3 posters

Go down

Next season Empty Next season

Post  Nostromo Thu 05 May 2011, 4:20 pm

Next season in the Championship, what do you hope for, what would you realistically expect to happen and what would you consider a failure?

I hope for play offs (if not automatic promotion), plus beating the skates twice and finishing above them. Realistically I am expecting a mid-table/top half finish which I wouldn't be unhappy with. Failure would be a bottom half finish or relegation (heaven forbid).
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Next season Empty Re: Next season

Post  matty07uk Thu 05 May 2011, 8:19 pm

top 10 position for me would be fine, ability to continue building the foundations with the signing of more young, hungry players who want to prove themselves. Beating the skates both home and away. Failure would only be if we were relegated. A solid season would provide continuity with Adkins able to stamp his influence on the squad.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Thu 05 May 2011, 11:30 pm

I'm not going to commit myself to any hopes or expectations before we have even been mathematically promoted but I am confident for next season. The success of Norwich, Leeds and Millwall this season certainly gives us something to aim for. We have the foundations of a strong team and most have championship experience. What is most important is that we have a very strong team spirit, a "hard working and honest group of professionals" and a manager who the players, fans and chairman clearly like. Whatever level you play at those things are necessary to achieve success and they are things which we haven't really had since the Strachan days. Of course on top of this you need the quality to compete in your division, but we already have a good amount of that and I trust the manager and chairman to invest in new players where it would be beneficial to add to the team.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down