SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Chamberlain

+6
McGrathTakesNoPrisoners
Southampton my Home
matty07uk
Nostromo
SaintMike
Alf Tupper
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Alex Chamberlain - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Chamberlain

Post  Nostromo Sat 15 Jan 2011, 2:27 pm

According to Solent, a 'trusted source' outside Saints has told them that Chamberlain is going to Arsenal and possibly being loaned back to saints until the end of the season. No figures have been mentioned, but I hope that - if this is true - the club are holding out for £10 million or a similar large figure. Whatever, despite all this 'not a selling club' rhetoric, we STILL lose young talent to the big club vultures. Evil or Very Mad

Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 15 Jan 2011, 3:44 pm

Nostromo wrote:According to Solent, a 'trusted source' outside Saints has told them that Chamberlain is going to Arsenal and possibly being loaned back to saints until the end of the season. No figures have been mentioned, but I hope that - if this is true - the club are holding out for £10 million or a similar large figure. Whatever, despite all this 'not a selling club' rhetoric, we STILL lose young talent to the big club vultures. Evil or Very Mad

I am sure I have read that Wenger will not agree to a loan back.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Sat 15 Jan 2011, 4:09 pm

SaintMike wrote:
Nostromo wrote:According to Solent, a 'trusted source' outside Saints has told them that Chamberlain is going to Arsenal and possibly being loaned back to saints until the end of the season. No figures have been mentioned, but I hope that - if this is true - the club are holding out for £10 million or a similar large figure. Whatever, despite all this 'not a selling club' rhetoric, we STILL lose young talent to the big club vultures. Evil or Very Mad

I am sure I have read that Wenger will not agree to a loan back.

Then in that case I hope Cortese, who I trust to do the right thing, will tell him he's not having the player.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 15 Jan 2011, 7:55 pm

Certainly rumour mill gathering pace on Arsenal and while I think NC wants to hold his line of not selling I suspect may be under pressure from player and his dad as an opportunity to good to miss. NC interview on Solent we heard on way back talked about IF a deal was done sometime in the future..............Other rumour is Arsenal have offerred £5m if they have can tell Wenger to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and not to insult us again or we will ignore future bids. Don't want to sell but if we have to lets do on our terms as NC has the ace that Chamberlain is under contract.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Mon 17 Jan 2011, 10:46 pm

It's fun over on Saints Web. As usual there are conspiracy theories abounding and unsubstantiated rumours held up as 'facts', regarding Alex Chamberlain, the club and 'dark forces' at work. I don't know whether it's amusing or embarrassing frankly. Rolling Eyes
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:20 am

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:34 pm

As it's the Daily Fail, I would take that with a pinch of salt. The Fail's one of the papers which has been trying to flog him. Nigel Adkins has already said he's not for sale, what part of no don't the media or big clubs understand?
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 19 Jan 2011, 10:40 am

"18 Jan 2011 23:34:09
My brother is the agent for Theo Walcott and has just been informed that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will sign for Arsenal in a deal worth £9 million up front with add-ons potentially worth £6 million. He will not be sent back on loan because Wenger wants to take him out of the limelight for a few months. But as part of the deal Southampton will get Vela on loan fr the rest of the season. Deal to be completed by Thursday evening."

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 19 Jan 2011, 10:58 am

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Wed 19 Jan 2011, 2:32 pm

Bollocks, more like. He's being linked to anyone and everyone by lazy-arsed journalists.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 19 Jan 2011, 4:25 pm

Sometimes no news is good news.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Wed 19 Jan 2011, 6:19 pm

SaintMike wrote:"18 Jan 2011 23:34:09
My brother is the agent for Theo Walcott and has just been informed that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will sign for Arsenal in a deal worth £9 million up front with add-ons potentially worth £6 million. He will not be sent back on loan because Wenger wants to take him out of the limelight for a few months. But as part of the deal Southampton will get Vela on loan fr the rest of the season. Deal to be completed by Thursday evening."

Where are you getting these stories from Mike?
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 19 Jan 2011, 7:25 pm

teamsaint wrote: Where are you getting these stories from Mike?

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/southampton-rumours.php
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Wed 19 Jan 2011, 9:11 pm

SaintMike wrote:
teamsaint wrote: Where are you getting these stories from Mike?

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/southampton-rumours.php

Also known as made-up-gossip.co.uk. Most of what's on there is of the is along the lines of "my taxi driver last night heard from his cousin's landlady's hairdresser who knows [insert player's name here] uncle's best mate who says..." and I don't believe a word of it. It has about as much credence as the drivel over on Saintsweb.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 19 Jan 2011, 9:28 pm

Just have to accept that saints go about their business in private and will let fans know when deals are done. Bit frustrating at times but that's the way we operate though at time would be nice to know if we have made any bids etc. That leaves the media, fans and WUMS to have a field day speculating over who is going where. Interesting don't recall any of the so called experts in the media or fans predicting Bent's move to Villa!!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Wed 19 Jan 2011, 9:43 pm

matty07uk wrote:Just have to accept that saints go about their business in private and will let fans know when deals are done. Bit frustrating at times but that's the way we operate though at time would be nice to know if we have made any bids etc. That leaves the media, fans and WUMS to have a field day speculating over who is going where. Interesting don't recall any of the so called experts in the media or fans predicting Bent's move to Villa!!

Yes, and although it does take away some of the fun, it's the best way to go about things as it prevents all sort of potential pitfalls such as being held to ransom over price etc.

I couldn't believe that one, £24 million for Darren Bent was a shocking price. Just when you think that nothing in football can surprise you any more. Shocked
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 19 Jan 2011, 10:35 pm

I entirely agree that the club's policy of secrecy is for the best..........but it's still good fun trying to guess what might be going on.......even though most of the rumours are rubbish
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Mon 24 Jan 2011, 2:42 pm

Even Solent were saying this morning that Chamberlain is on the brink of moving to Arse. They were saying that Arsene Wenger had 'stepped up the pressure on Saints' to sell him. If we are to lose him, then I hope Cortese will hold out for £10 million plus add ons and a loan back for the rest of the season. As Cortese isn't the sort to be messed around, I think he'll do what's best for the club.
I really wish the likes of Wenger would f*ck off, why can't these so-called 'big clubs' start their own academies instead of letting other clubs do the work with the youngsters then poaching them. It's a bit sickening really. Evil or Very Mad
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Decorators Radio. Mon 24 Jan 2011, 2:59 pm

Last time i checked, Arsenal did have an Academy. It works both ways. Everyone has a go at clubs like arsenal for 'poaching' talent, but their must be tens of dozens of players from the Arsenal academy who are or have plied their trade for other clubs in the PL of FL over the past 15 odd years, and a lot of english talent at that. They get the best training from the best coaches amongst the best players, facilities and healthcare on offer. When deemed not good enough for a Top four, Champions league club, they walk into lower division clubs and they are the ones that ultimately benefit.

If clubs like the Arse wanna pay us top dollar let em. To say they don't do their bit for the wider professional football community is narrow minded and ignorant.
Decorators Radio.
Decorators Radio.
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : Playing music while getting splattered on
Humor : 'Your Mum' Jokes
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Mon 24 Jan 2011, 3:12 pm

I may not know about what the Arse may or may not have in the way of facilities but please, don't call me 'narrow minded and ignorant'. Yes, if Cortese can get maximum payment and anything else for the kid, then let him go. However that does not stop me, as a Saints fan, being pissed off that we cannot hold onto the talent that comes up from the academy side which does not make me - or any other fan - 'narrow minded' or worse, ignorant. It just makes us annoyed football fans.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 24 Jan 2011, 4:16 pm

Not taking sides but it's good to see a bit of more heated debate on here for a change...

Alex Chamberlain - Page 2 Bstn464l

Alex Chamberlain - Page 2 28015-stupidpeople
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Decorators Radio. Mon 24 Jan 2011, 4:25 pm

Blame the market, not the clubs. After all, it's not as if we haven't been guilty of the same behaviour in our acquisition of League One Galacticos. There's alot of fans at this club who have a holier than thou attitude, the sooner they stop being so narrow minded and ignorant about the nature of modern football and where we as a L1 club sit in it the better.
Decorators Radio.
Decorators Radio.
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 24 Jan 2011, 8:10 pm

I agree that we are as unpopular with other league 1 clubs as we have money and can put in bids but apart from Fonte and Lambert dont think we have paid over the odds for anyone. I just cant stand moaning Wenger when you look at how he moans about Barcelona and their pursuit of Fabrecas yet he has no morals when discussing Oxo when as it turns out saints have not actually received any formal bid. Pot, Kettle, black.

My view would be if he goes as looks likely he goes to the highest bidder. If Oxo's dad wants him to play for Arsenal then he can tell them to make sure they put in a decent offer but think their tactic is convince the kids first then offer below market rate. This time we have an ace in a 3 year contract.

As far as premiership clubs they are more concerned they will lose out on kids so are trying to hoover up all of them. They couldnt give a monkeys when they ditch those that don't make it and to be fair dont surprise many of those kids will worry that much as will probably have a 3 year contract paying silly money.

If Oxo really wanted to get on he would go to Utd, You have to admire Fergie with his success and he would toughen him up plus he would be at a club whose prime objective is to win trophies rather than accolades for pretty football.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Decorators Radio. Mon 24 Jan 2011, 8:27 pm

Nail. Head. Hit.

There is a 'food chain' in football. Truro are the team doing it in the Zamoretto League or whatever its called, Saints are doing it in this league, Hull and leicester in the Champ and your Arsenals, Man U's and Chelsea's in the prem who in turn get players picked off by historical giants of the continent.

We're not big boys in the grand scheme of things - if someone from above wants one of our players, 9/10 they'll get 'em. I don't think Cortese would of been half as interested in us if there wasn't previous success from the academy. He sees it as a lucrative means of making hard cash needed to build without spending from other supplies. And Oxo will be the first of many sold under his tenure until Saints are in the higher echelons.

rgding which club - can't do much wrong with either Utd or Arse.
Decorators Radio.
Decorators Radio.
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 25 Jan 2011, 10:54 am