SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW GOOD IS CHAMBERLAIN GONNA BE?

3 posters

Go down

HOW GOOD IS CHAMBERLAIN GONNA BE? Empty HOW GOOD IS CHAMBERLAIN GONNA BE?

Post  SaintMike Wed 03 Nov 2010, 9:04 am

Alex Chamberlain is having a great season and the goals are now coming. 2 in last night's game and our Matty gave him a 10 out of 10 match rating.

How good do you think he will be? Can he be the next Walcott?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

HOW GOOD IS CHAMBERLAIN GONNA BE? Empty Re: HOW GOOD IS CHAMBERLAIN GONNA BE?

Post  matty07uk Wed 03 Nov 2010, 9:04 pm

In my view has already come on leaps and bounds this season and his confidence level is sky high. I thought he would be a good sub this season coming on later in the game when defenders were tired and having a big impact. He proved me wrong last night with a great performance from the start. He showed pace and a real willingness to take on his full back plus his final ball is in my view where he could be better than Walcott. Only thing is roasting a Dagenham full back is not quite the same as roasting premiership full backs but this kid has real potential. Also doesn't seem a lightweight and is not easily bundled off the ball.

Did notice him doing stretches in 2nd half and NA commented on his fitness levels needing to be built up and with colder weather and his sprinting, fitness will be important to prevent pulled hamstrings etc so think NA is well aware of need to manage properly.

Have had a batch of Academy players who okay never quite made it, Thompson, Gobern, Mills, Paterson, James so will be good to see Chamberlain come good as attracts more youngsters to our Academy.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Fri 05 Nov 2010, 6:07 pm

He's very promising but Saints need to hang onto him and not let him go too soon, a la Theo Walcott, Bale, etc. It'd be nice to hang onto talent for once.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down