SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More investment + season tickets

5 posters

Go down

More investment + season tickets Empty More investment + season tickets

Post  matty07uk Fri 28 May 2010, 7:38 pm

Appointment of David Burke from Man City to head up on Scouting and development another sign of investment for the long term. Plus my son was at St Marys for a charity event and got to see changing rooms which are being improved, will rank with any premiership side, he was well impressed apart from fact couldn't use the home one as just finishing the refurb.

Still don't know though why Season ticket prices havent been announced or tickets put on sale. Emailed ticket office this week and told don't know when will be going on sale, check the web site every day! Really cant work out NC clearly investing long term yet is managing to frustrate existing season ticket holders who were keen to renew. Fact ticket office don't know or are not allowed to say what is happening is not good customer service.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

More investment + season tickets Empty Re: More investment + season tickets

Post  SaintMike Tue 01 Jun 2010, 12:58 am

Ticket prices now announced, what do you think?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2062493,00.html
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen D Saints Tue 01 Jun 2010, 12:15 pm

What they are saying on The Ugly Inside:

Saints today announced the season ticket prices for the new season with several points of interest for supporters.

Firstly is the fact that ticket prices have increased by around 12% for existing season ticket holders, last year a centre stand season ticket would have set an existing season ticket holder £350 this year it will be £391.

For those wishing to purchase a season ticket who did not have one last year that price rises to £426, although that in itself still represents good value when compared to the £575 it would cost you to buy each ticket in advance individually.

Perhaps the biggest change though is that this year there will be no payment plans for season ticket holders to spread the cost, each ticket must be paid for in full either by cash or credit/debit card by the end of June to qualify for the discounted renewal price, or by August 6th for season tickets in general, after that there will be no more sales of season tickets and the Club say they will not be selling half season tickets at any time either.

The message from the club is clear, if Saints supporters want to see the investment in the team continue, then they must expect to pay more money themselves to see it and preferably in advance, if they do so then more signings can be expected, if they dont then it will send a message to the Chairman.

Its hard to argue with that in many respects, however i do feel the club could have been more flexible by firstly offering payment options as they have done in previous seasons and also offering fans the chance to buy season tickets pro rata throughout the season, to not do so is merely turning down the chance for the club to take in money at a later stage.

Indeed this may deter some from buying tickets, we should be doing everything to encourage fans not discourage them.

Overall though its hard to be too critical of the announcement of the prices although Saints supporters should take in the message loud and clear and that is "We have invested last season, its now time for the supporters to back us"

2 comments have been left on this story

Broncoboy posted at 1 Jun 2010 11:29:08
No half season tickets is a bit of a blow as well as no payment scheme.

NC playing hardball

hedge_end_saint posted at 1 Jun 2010 11:41:30
I don't mind paying more for my ST, it was great value last year, but an increase of 35% from last year I do find hard to understand (adult/12 year old Kingsland South, going from £320 to £435 for the pair).

But the killer for most will be the scrapping of the instalment plan, which has made a ST affordable for many. In fact, it is not so much the scrapping of the plan, but not getting any advance notice...six months notice would have given plenty of time for people to put money by (after all, the tickets were paid for over 6 months). As it is, many will now not be able to renew as they cannot come up with funds in one month.
Owen D Saints
Owen D Saints
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:23 pm

It will have no effect, but I have sent the club this email...........

Dear Sir,
I am the admin of the Southampton World website and I feel I must warn you that there is much criticism of the new prices and the removal of the instalment plan.
Many fans had been expressing the hope that St Marys would be full for many games next season but it is felt that this will not now happen.
A lot of people will not now be able to afford season tickets.
Yours faithfully,
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Tue 01 Jun 2010, 8:50 pm

I have to agree that not providing the payment plan is disappointing and I don't understand why SFC couldn't provide, cant believe they lost much out of running, small amount of interest gained by money up front would be more than offset by encouraging more people to buy.

Fact is many families will struggle coming up with the cash in one stump and putting on the credit card is what we are all trying to avoid!

Agree that if the fans want investment in players then there is a price to be paid and the £328 for the Northam where I go is not unreasonable when compared to the individual prices but fear we now have lower crowds now as fewer will buy season tickets and most will bulk at £25 per game and if its chucking it down will stay at home! Cheaper prices lead to larger crowds and larger crowds equal better atmosphere which leads to wins.

I am lucky as me and the wife both work so I can afford to pay for the season ticket or golf membership. As my golf game is rubbish will be back at St Mary's next season but for others it is difficult to pay up front when you have kids you want to take and think a real own goal by NC not to include the payment plan.

Did the head of operations who came back last season and think was behind the ST pricing structure not leave, shame as looks like he was the one with the good ideas.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Melia's Barber Thu 03 Jun 2010, 1:22 am

Good post Matty!!
Jimmy Melia's Barber
Jimmy Melia's Barber
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1049
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sun 06 Jun 2010, 8:30 pm

I think it's a bit of an 'own goal' (excuse the pun) by the club not to allow payment by installments, because it will put people off. But, like others have said, if we want the best players and to stand a chance of promotion then we need to pay. However, I was considering getting a season ticket this year but not if I have to stump up the cash in one go, as I just can't afford to; I don't have that sort of money.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down