SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Ground Investment

4 posters

Go down

Training Ground Investment Empty Training Ground Investment

Post  matty07uk Tue 08 Dec 2009, 7:52 pm

Another positive step by the new owners. Clearly shows they are here for the long run and recognise the need to invest in the infrastructure of the club as well as players. You have made a lot of Saints fans very happy this Christmas after the last few years.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Training Ground Investment Empty Re: Training Ground Investment

Post  teamsaint Tue 08 Dec 2009, 8:11 pm

teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Wed 09 Dec 2009, 7:53 pm

Good news and a further indication that Saints are in the hands of the right people. They aren't being silly but investing for the future and it bodes well. Steadily onwards and upwards.

And SFC are going to have a training ground better than Portsmuff's actual match ground (I won't dignify that shed with the name of 'stadium'. What a Face )
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  village idiot Fri 11 Dec 2009, 5:12 pm

Just had a look at the proposed new facilities at Staplewood on the clubs website and I must say I think they look superb! This can only help us attract better players in the years to come. It is a fantastic commitment by the new owners. On the down side of this I see the club and the Echo have fallen out over this. The club asked the Echo not to publish details of this until they held their own press conference. The Echo published anyway, claiming that the BBC and Sky had already released details about the new plans. My sympathy is with the club over this, all they wanted was to bring us some good news, announced at their own press conference. Whether other media published or not, to me is neither here nor there. The fact of the matter is the paper was asked not to publish, and they did! Now they are complaining that they have been banned from St. Mary's. In life, if you ask someone not to do something, and take the time to explain why, and they still do it regardless, you respond accordingly...
I feel Cortese now doesn't trust the Echo to keep quiet, if he asks them to, and I don't blame him. However, I hope that they can settle their differences, as they need each other. When Saints signed Keegan years ago, if we had known beforehand, it would still have been great, but wouldn't have had the same impact as when it was announced at the Potters Heron. That, I feel was what the club, in a much smaller way, were trying to achieve. Sorry to have gone slightly off track on this thread, lets hope the New Forest council, give planning permission to the plans.
village idiot
village idiot
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Male
Number of posts : 74
Job/hobbies : saints,nature, esp.birds of prey
Humor : milligan,phython etc
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Fri 11 Dec 2009, 10:34 pm

Have to agree shame that the two seem to have fallen out but for me the story is the Training Ground and the investment that Markus is making.

Dont have much sympathy with the Echo as reporting is poor, copying other web sites and I am now convinced Adam Leitch either never goes to the game or James is his cousin!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content