SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRIGHTON POST-MATCH REACTION

+3
village idiot
Perennial Underachiever
SaintMike
7 posters

Go down

BRIGHTON POST-MATCH REACTION Empty BRIGHTON POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Thu 01 Apr 2010, 9:59 am

Put it here......
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

BRIGHTON POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: BRIGHTON POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  Perennial Underachiever Thu 01 Apr 2010, 9:54 pm

That was abysmal. I don't know why Pardew persists with 4-5-1 when it clearly doesn't work and why it took until the 75th minute for him to make changes. Tbh, some sort of comedown after Sunday was on the cards, but any lingering hope of the playoffs has now totally evaporated.
We missed Schneiderlin this evening, I feel. He makes things happen, in a way Wotton doesn't.
League 1 for another year it is then...not a disaster as I wasn't expecting to go up this year, and that ten points has really hurt us. People are getting upset and toys are flying out of prams over on Saints Web, but I am not going to complain about a trophy and a largely enjoyable season. The 'five year plan' is still on track, but this inconsistency has to be addressed by next season or we're going to be stuck here for a bit and none of us want that.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  village idiot Fri 02 Apr 2010, 3:18 pm

I don't think we are that inconsistent,if you take our form since January we have been excellent,people just need to be a bit patient and the good times will come back.The cup win and turnaround surrounding the club has been highlights enough for me,of course I would have loved to have made the playoffs and got promoted but a degree of realism is required here.we were really struggling at the seasons start and that, and the 10 point deduction is what has hampered us.The club is bubbling along nicely now,enjoy the rest of the season,we will not be beaten very often and then get ready for automatic promotion next season and maybe another day out at Wembley to defend our J.P.T. trophy.keep the faith we will get there.
village idiot
village idiot
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Male
Number of posts : 74
Job/hobbies : saints,nature, esp.birds of prey
Humor : milligan,phython etc
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Fri 02 Apr 2010, 7:28 pm

Agree with have done well so far and have a lot to look forward to next year if we don't make the play-offs, but it is very fustrating to think that if we won last night and then win our game in hand we could have been 6 points of Colchester with 7 games to play, which would have been a good position to be in. Brighton are in good form but playing 4-4-2 as we did at Norwich, MK and Carlisle would have made it a lot easier to win the game.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Fri 02 Apr 2010, 8:30 pm

Have to agree with the previous comments. For me this season has gone better than had hoped for with a squad being built that is looking good and the JPT. But like others frustrated at the inconsistency in away games where some players don't seem to be able to deliver to get wins whioch are needed in this league. Although not a Schneiderlin fan at the start of this season think we have missed him when not playing, Puncheon and Antonio are players who seem better at home than away. Tough call to leave Barnard out and think that was wrong but Antonio played well at Wembley so can see why he was picked.

AP's use of subs is one thing that does annoy me but not going to change it! He does normally leave it to late before he brings players on and that is unfair to the subs, hard to really change a game with 15 or 10 minutes left. I think that's a bit of APs nature, bit of a stubborn git and that seems to play out with subs as he seems reluctant to admit he got team selection wrong.

Might not be enough but fact is we have closed gap by a point on Colchester, if we had won and they won would have been worse off so perhaps the chance is still there but have to win so want to see 4 4 2 for remaining games and an attacking attitude in all the players, full backs need to be given licence to attack, midfield players to support the attack. If the FBs get forward more then don't have to have wide players in midfield, just midfield players prepared to attack. oh and finally, players who are prepared to shoot from 25 yards out rather than try and walk the ball in the net!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Hot Cross Ben Sat 03 Apr 2010, 2:19 am

Have faith, we can do it, COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!
Hot Cross Ben
Hot Cross Ben
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  village idiot Sat 03 Apr 2010, 3:47 pm

I agree a lot of the away results have been frustrating,but we have no divine right to roll these teams over,I would be more worried if the players were not giving it 100%,but I don't think anyone can accuse any of them of not giving their all.We are a big scalp in this division and clubs and players at the lower end of this league are battling for existence,they know if their club is relegated they will probably be out of work,this is one hell of a motivator at this time of year,and consequently makes the games harder,not just for us but other teams as well.The experience gained this year will in my opinion be worth its weight in gold come next year.Remember how many bigger clubs Saints used to roll over at the dell when we were struggling and it puts it into perspective a bit.Saints are going well,we are doing alright,who knows we may even make it this year,but it wont be a disaster if we don't,for I feel certain it will be ours next season as long as the directors & owner keep faith with what we have.
village idiot
village idiot

Male
Number of posts : 74
Job/hobbies : saints,nature, esp.birds of prey
Humor : milligan,phython etc
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sat 03 Apr 2010, 7:55 pm

Must agree with most of this. I do believe that AP has dropped points though with his negative philosophy.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 04 Apr 2010, 11:13 am

Agree that AP needs to get aggressive in away games so that we look to dominate teams
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content