SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WALSALL POST-MATCH REACTION

4 posters

Go down

WALSALL POST-MATCH REACTION Empty WALSALL POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Sat 27 Feb 2010, 10:09 am

Put it here............
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

WALSALL POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: WALSALL POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 27 Feb 2010, 5:00 pm

Apart from the dodgy opening three minutes where we conceded early, it was a complete performance. Excellent and makes up for the midweek dross at Wycombe. 5-1 is not bad, not bad at all. bounce
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 27 Feb 2010, 6:31 pm

will give a fuller report later but 5 - 1 was no fluke could have been 7 or 8 easily, walsall who are amazingly are above us were probably worse team I have seen this season. Solent were saying on drive back that AP not happy about something and supposedly left the ground early in a huff.

Come on guys dont blow it now things are on the up, lets just have some patience
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 27 Feb 2010, 6:47 pm

I listened to the AP interview on Solent, first time I didn't get the gist of it as the radio was on in another room and I couldn't hear it clearly, but listening the second time AP sounded fine and gave reasonably answers to Adam Blackmore's questions, but then over the next minute or so he became increasingly monosyllabic and, to me, it seemed a reaction to Blackmore's rather stupid questions rather than any more malign influences. At least I hope that's all it is.
If Nicola Cortese starts piling on pressure and making AP feel uncomfortable and stressed then he is an idiot, in my opinion. Yes, I'd love us to go up this year but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. It will be stupid of Cortese to get impatient and ruin the excellent work that AP and the team have done so far. Yes, we have had some disappointing results, such as crap draws, but overall this season has gone better than I expected.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:03 pm

This is another slant on AP's mood today. I really think the Solent interview was conducted in an amateurish way, complete with stupid, 'same old same old' line of questioning and AP got pissed off, nothing more sinister than that:

"Gaffer Ecstatic"
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:55 pm

Was difficult for us as AP interview was before we got back to car then all Solent interviewers did was kept going on about it and saying would play later.

Regards match despite losing a goal in first few minutes, stupid free kick to concede by Jaidi and although good free kick Kelvins position invited him to put exactly where he did. That said after that was pretty much one way traffic, couple of good saves by their goalie had you thinking will it be one of those days but kept creating the chances and really had Walsall on the rack for rest of game. Puncheon looked a threat going forward, though didnt seem to be to keen on 50/50 balls. Took his goal well then Barnard scored a couple of goals from loose balls in the penalty area and had another one ruled out for outside despite last touch from their goalie who tipped on bar and Barnard put away rebound.

Second half didnt have same intensity but was pretty easy to be honest. Good goal by Lambert from a narrow angle blasting in then a few more chances before lallana finished off at the end with good finish having missed easier ones. Took Barnard off after 4th goal but thought he might have taken of Lambert to give him rest he says he needs, he went off with just 10 min left.

Davies 7 would like to see him release the ball earlier and did make one great save with score at 1 - 1.
Otsemobor 7 Got better as game went on but still undecided, didnt really have that much to do to be honest.
Fonte 7 another solid performance
Jaidi 7 just looks awkward when he jumps close to players but taken of to rest for Tuesday, free kick was dumb
Harding 7 another good game
Lallana 7 Didnt look quite as effective on left hand side and wish he would shoot when he gets first chance not try to take 2 or 3 touches
Hammond 8 Never stopped running
Schneiderlin 7 Lots of link play if not spectacular
Puncheon 8 definitely adds some threat to midfield
Barnard 8 took his goals well, missed a couple of other chances but seems to be in right place to get the chances, think he will only improve
Lambert 8 Won lots of flicks on to set up chances plus got his usual goal.

subs

Waigo 6 certainly did plenty of running
Thomas 6 didnt have a lot to do
Antonio 6 only had 10 minutes but like waigo put in plenty of running in shirt time on pitch

Overall this formation and starting 11 does look the strongest we have and would like to see a strong run to finish and see where it takes us. Some big games coming up at home but with this team all winable.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 27 Feb 2010, 9:38 pm