SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NORWICH POST-MATCH REACTION

+3
teamsaint
Perennial Underachiever
SaintMike
7 posters

Go down

NORWICH POST-MATCH REACTION Empty NORWICH POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  SaintMike Sat 21 Nov 2009, 9:43 am

Put it here.........
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

NORWICH POST-MATCH REACTION Empty Re: NORWICH POST-MATCH REACTION

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 21 Nov 2009, 7:27 pm

A cracking game between two good sides...BUT, that was two points dropped due to our inability to keep a clean sheet. Not a disaster, although we are going to have to wait for at least another two games to get out of the relegation zone, but disappointing. Being in the lead twice should mean we win. AP needs to sort the defence out ASAP, as James is NOT a defender and Jaidi keeps switching off.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 21 Nov 2009, 8:08 pm

The doom and gloomers are out in force on the SaintsWeb tonight. Overall Saints played quite well and scored two great goals. Jaidi and Trotman were both much stronger. Lambert still looking off his game. Morgan and Hammond not getting the second ball enoguh, which allowed Norwich to get forward too much. Norwich were good as well and were the toughest we have faced this season. However amazing some of the fans expect us to play each, you can't win them all and this was a good result for me.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 21 Nov 2009, 8:14 pm

Teamsaint, do you reckon that the defence were at fault for the penalty rebound going in? Maybe if they'd been as quick to react as the Norwich player was we'd not have conceded that goal.
Re. Lambert, I think he's had the flu and if he feels anything like I do after an infection last week, no wonder he is not playing well. Hope he's back to normal soon.

As for SW, it's hilarious. The usual suspects whingeing and questioning AP and the other usual suspects piling in and slagging the whingers off. Week in week out, it descends into the usual slanging match. lol!
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 21 Nov 2009, 8:45 pm

That's definitely true PU and something that has led to us conceding quite often before, so hopefully AP will sort that out in training. Overall we defended a lot better than last week in the middle with Trotman and Jaidi both winning most things in the air. I'd completely forgotten Gran Holt was even playing. Jaidi looked massivly more focused and determined. James was poor and obviously gave away the penalty with a rash challenge, while Harding for me was generally a bit to loose and let them have too much space down his side.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 21 Nov 2009, 9:29 pm

Disppointing that this was 2 points dropped but an improved performance and against one of the better sides we played though didnt rate Holt at all, moaning all game. Fact is still conceding to many goals and fault is individual errors and I dont see midfield and back 4 working together.

Thought James had another poor game in defence, I am in the northam end so lets make clear no doubt about penalty, diabolical tackle by James so late the shops were shut. Also thought he was poor in midfield when he moved there, easily shrugged of the ball by Norwich midfield players. Leave him out of starting 11 next game please.

Penalty was unlucky in rebound went back to middle of goal and will never get there before the pen taker. We should have stopped the second though, midfield allowed to run straight through and someone should have got there to put rebound out of the ground. Lambert definitely not at his best, Connolly worked his socks off and great goal, same with Lallana, should never have been taken off with couple of mins left. Mellis had 2 chances and bottled it both times passing when he should have gone in on goal. Defensively Jaidi was better, Trotman better but still makes simple errors and Harding okay but not great.

Hammond worked tirelessly in midfield, Antonio bit subdued and think he was asked to play a more midfield role still think he has greater impact as a sub. Schneiderlin another medicore performance for me and see him as a position where we can improve in transfer window, doesnt put his foot in and doesnt do the work leaving Lallana and Hammond to do the work

Davis 6 Think he should have held initial shot for second goal Bart could be pressing soon
Harding 6 Was kept busy and made a few errors but tries
Jaidi 7 better than last game
Trotman 6 Needs to be more positive
James 5 Poor defending but did take some good corners in first half, miracles do happen!
Antonio 6 cant fault effort but final ball not great
Hammond 7 industrious all game went on right to replace Antonio but think he's better in middle
Lallana 8 he can frustrate when some of his fancy staff fails but he is class, good goal and loads of effort
Schneiderlin 6 Pretty non descript and think Wotton will be pushing for a start
Lambert 6 Didnt do a great deal
Connolly 8 Plenty of running always looking for a shooting opp great goal

Subs
Murty 7 looked more solid when he came on hope he stays fit
Waigo 6 tried but didnt have a goal scoring threat today
Mellis 5 one really great chance at end when he bottled it by passing out wide.

Next 3 league games are important for season. Pool and Walsall away and Wycombe home, need min 7 points from those 3 games if not having to struggle for rest of season. Also important seen to be going up the league so we can attract some new faces.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 22 Nov 2009, 10:12 am

Generally I go with what you say but have marked the team across the board a bit lower. Lallana and Connolly were the best players on the pitch. I feel that James and Spiderman need to take a long rest. Neither has had a really good game lately and confidence looks shot.
Since Wotton was dropped(?) we have begun to struggle. I don't like him but he does bring some more strength to our midfield.
Kelvin has been at fault for at least 3 goals in the last 3 games. If a defence starts worrying about the keeper it heightens any fears that it may have. Keepers are the lynch poin of any defence. Bart has looked as though returning to the form he was showing before his nasty injury. Now i feel we need to let him play. If not in Hartlepool game then definitely against Northampton. This is a game which if we lose won't be the end of the world. Against charlton he came for balls confidently and generally bossed his area as a goalie should.
The added responsibility Hammond now has seems, hopefully only temporarily, to have made him into a chase everything everywhere and miss most frantic player. Wotton again being missed perhaps.
Connolly has been the surprise of the season so far. Fully up for the battle and loving every minute by the looks of it. With Rickie looking very tired I feel he should have been rested. I also feel that Thomas is by far a better player than James.
Murty returning gave us all a big buzz and lifted the mood as soon as he came on. He showed signs of rustiness but has been out for quite some time.
Overall a much better performance than the last one but AP has to bring in some more defenders.

As an added snippet. I have heard from a source close to the ground that 2 players are having trials at present with our first team. Who is not yet known. Pray for a big strong stopper, i am.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Superred Sun 22 Nov 2009, 3:18 pm

bloody good game to watch if not a saints fan. Norwich could have been overrun at times as the reds played hot and cold. Should have won but I thought that one linesman needs to go to Specsavers. Alan Pardew has got to change things around again before the team starts to forget how great it is to be a winner.
Superred
Superred
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggerman Sun 22 Nov 2009, 9:40 pm

I wouldn't be too down hearted about your result yesterday.
Norwich are one of the better sides in your division , and they HAVE won three away games.
You can't be expected to win em all , and at least you didn't lose.
Diggerman
Diggerman
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1124
Job/hobbies : Cemetery Worker
Humor : Fawlty Towers
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content