SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QPR vs Saints

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

QPR vs Saints - Page 2 Empty Re: QPR vs Saints

Post  matty07uk Sun 02 Aug 2009, 10:43 am

SFC Forever wrote:Throughout our history we have let good players go and often on the cheap. From what I saw last season and the little I have seen this pre season I believe we are only 2 or 3 players away from being a side that will win a lot of matches. That is if Thomas doesn't become another Svensson. In which case we would need another CB to replace him as well.
Years ago most top teams had a tough scottish player or two. Even now the top teams all have muscle inbuilt in their squads. Give our younger players some muscle and I am sure we will see a far different scenario to that of last season.

Agree with you just 2 or 3 players but all who can tackle and actually not be pushed around. to many times last year were simply bossed out of games. Seems in the past view was unless they were skillful let them go, agree re Viafara as well never the best player would run forever and that used to spark others.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sun 02 Aug 2009, 11:33 am

SFC Forever wrote:Throughout our history we have let good players go and often on the cheap.

And that was a big factor in our relegation from the Premiership. Bridge, Beattie, etc...these players were not adequately replaced and we were left with dross that was not good enough. Hopefully the new bloke will see that and things will change. When we eventually get some good players...

A major factor in our being majorly unprepared for the beginning of the new season is the Pinnacle shambles. If it weren't for those time-wasting cretins (MLT, while misguided, is totally exempt from this tag. He, like most of us, was taken in by their ruse) at Pinnacle, Liebherr would have been installed as new owner weeks ago and things would be looking far rosier.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 02 Aug 2009, 10:14 pm

I have to agree with you. Now we have to wait and see what players we will bring in this month to help our fragile crew.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content