SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAINTS v WATFORD: Saints fans' views

+2
Sparkle
SaintMike
6 posters

Go down

SAINTS v WATFORD:  Saints fans' views Empty SAINTS v WATFORD: Saints fans' views

Post  SaintMike Sat 18 Oct 2008, 11:37 am

Let's hear all about it....
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

SAINTS v WATFORD:  Saints fans' views Empty Re: SAINTS v WATFORD: Saints fans' views

Post  Sparkle Sat 18 Oct 2008, 7:11 pm

well u dnt wanna no how en earth we missed 2 peanelties i dnt no i though it was an un fair game really x
Sparkle
Sparkle
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 1472
Job/hobbies : Dancing,Listening 2 music,Working wid children nd archery
Humor : Family Humor
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

SAINTS v WATFORD:  Saints fans' views Empty Re: SAINTS v WATFORD: Saints fans' views

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 18 Oct 2008, 7:46 pm

I am profoundly happy that I didn't go and watch that rubbish. I did listen on Radio Solent and was embarrassed at how bad it sounded. How on earth did we miss two penalties then commit such kamikaze defending? I was beginning to wonder if this game hadn't been fixed and with some hefty bets on Saints missing a couple of penalties. If it wasn't so depressing and embarassing, it would be comical. Total football? Total bollocks more like. Poortvliet is clueless and so are Lowe and Wilde.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkle Sat 18 Oct 2008, 8:10 pm

Perennial Underachiever wrote:I am profoundly happy that I didn't go and watch that rubbish. I did listen on Radio Solent and was embarrassed at how bad it sounded. How on earth did we miss two penalties then commit such kamikaze defending? I was beginning to wonder if this game hadn't been fixed and with some hefty bets on Saints missing a couple of penalties. If it wasn't so depressing and embarassing, it would be comical. Total football? Total bollocks more like. Poortvliet is clueless and so are Lowe and Wilde.
i agree wid u dere on some of the things bout the penalties nd kamikaze defending i had 2 sit dere nd watch it but in the end not every team wins all the time nd just have 2 take it bit by bit but intill den we should keep our heads up high nd hope 4 the best nxt time
Sparkle
Sparkle
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 1472
Job/hobbies : Dancing,Listening 2 music,Working wid children nd archery
Humor : Family Humor
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 18 Oct 2008, 8:17 pm

Sparkle wrote:i agree wid u dere on some of the things bout the penalties nd kamikaze defending i had 2 sit dere nd watch it but in the end not every team wins all the time nd just have 2 take it bit by bit but intill den we should keep our heads up high nd hope 4 the best nxt time

Yep, by next game (Tuesday)I'll be hoping for the best again. Fair play to those who go week in week out...
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel

Back to top Go down

Post  A Pagansaint Sun 19 Oct 2008, 12:37 am

ok where do i start we looked good going forward in fact beginning of the match i thought great were going to walk this one then came penalty number 1 affraid i myself thought he felt guilty about it so he placed the ball, not good marks out of 10/1 still we were playin them of the ground cutting them apart then they came forward of course we all no what happend they scored crap goal but still the ball was in the net. we attack get back into them great we get seconed chance pen2 got to score this time Rolling Eyes no the lad cracks it hard st8 down the middle of the goal keeper just stood there What a Face marks out of 10/5 who would credit a keeper just standing there mind he must of thought you know he is going to hit that hard down the centre this time clever chap. anyway the game was over not so long after as they got lucky goal 2 then 3 we had plenty of chances in fact i lost count good performces from forwards midfield were good to but again comes down to defence naive is not a word you often here but we are. over all we were beaten again by are own defence not by a good football team sorry but watford are a poor side we should of won lesson to learn play mean football score goals and work on defence 6/10
A Pagansaint
A Pagansaint
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 148
Job/hobbies : local goverment
Humor : wicked with a hint of sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  A Pagansaint Sun 19 Oct 2008, 12:44 am

one positive from the match the lad ryan smith played a blinder hope we can keep him nice attacking winger not afraid to go past players 8/10 for today
A Pagansaint
A Pagansaint
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 148
Job/hobbies : local goverment
Humor : wicked with a hint of sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 19 Oct 2008, 1:08 am

Thanks for that Pagan... 😢
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 19 Oct 2008, 1:40 am

Me and a lot of the supporters were almost stunned in disbelief. The Northam end did their best to raise spirits but they were deafened by the silence from the rest. Graham my 5yo tried where we were in the Chapel end but he was alone. His little voice could be heard loudly singing our theme song with me and Sparkle adding our voices at times.
He enjoyed the burger and chips we had before the game. He enjoyed visiting the club shop to buy some slippers which were chosen by him. He even enjoyed meeting Vegas in the pub where he messed about while we had a chat and drink. He enjoyed the day as a whole as the seriousness of the game was not really clear to him. At one time he turned away because the crowd was imploring the team to start trying. He was really upset and thought that he was too young to be watching because everyone was cursing. He soon cheered up and the only other thing that upset him was that we were singing alone. When will the rest sing he kept asking. At halftime he enjoyed his hot chocolate and laughed at Sparkle because she was cold. Finally he really enjoyed seeing all the supporters in their colours. All in all we kept him amused and he is looking forward to the next time we go to a match.
The football was a total disaster. Defence was nonexistant. Wotton is too long in the tooth and is incredibly slow. Both in thought and action. James had another stinker. Perry yet again didn't get a game.WHY?
Midfield was inefective but all could have been so different. If McGoldrick wasn't such a girl we would have been one up with the penalty he gently passed to their keeper. Wotton was no better and after two missed penalties we all knew what was in store.
The scoreline does not do us justice but we got what we deserved.NOTHING. Changes have to be made and hopefully Schneiderlin will be back soon. Miserable is how I feel right now but it will not last. Their are teams worse off than us and soon we will start to look forward to our next game. A win and all will be well again.
So lets try to raise our spirits and get ready for the battles ahead as I'm sure there wil be some.
Come on you Saints.

Last edited by SFC Forever on Sun 19 Oct 2008, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 19 Oct 2008, 1:54 am

Great post SFC........Thanks!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  harvey Sun 19 Oct 2008, 9:09 am

Absolute rubbish !!!........can't believe I renewed my ST to watch that :x
harvey
harvey
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1111

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 19 Oct 2008, 10:18 am

Well I managed to get 3 hours sleep after talking about the game until 3am with Sparkle.
In the cold light of day I am still trying to understand exactly what I had watched. We started brightly and looked the more threatening. Watford's goalie fouls McGoldrick in the box and is booked. Why on earth wasn't he sent off? Anyway McG decides he is taking the penalty and passes it tamely to the keeper.
That was probably the match's turning point. With us in the ascendancy and a goal up we would have been a lot more confident. Whether Watford would have been able to turn it around we will never know. We still look terribly frail at the back and I for one am at a loss as to why Perry doesn't get a game. That has to be a mistake as his experience is more important than ever at the moment. Wotton is not a defender. He was caught out of position time and again. Added to that his ability to get caught ball watching and our young defenders were always going to get into disarray. This is simple to stop. Drop Wotton and bring Perry back.
Our young side play some pretty passing football but not where it hurts when the team is struggling. We did have some simple shooting opportunities so it looks likely that a good start will always give give the kids a boost. Missing two penalties is unforgiveable. A complete lack of mental strength was shown by both players. McGoldrick has never been one of my favourites and now in my book does not merit a game. He may have talent but he does not have what it takes to play in his role.
Lancashire got caught behind his man a couple of times but he is learning his job. Perry would surely
be a better choice as he can keep helping by shouting out orders. James ended up having another very poor game. Mills also was poor. I still think these two will improve though but we need a strong leader at the back to help them. Whether they will improve enough is another question.
The midfield will soon get the boost it needs with the return of Spiderman. He does seem to knit a tight web when he is playing and makes the team look so much better. Gillett is also on the way back and he is always going to be an "in your face" type of player.
Yes we went home dejected after not being able to beat a poor team like Watford. Yes we have got some problems with the strength of our team. This I feel will eventually be sorted in the transfer window if not before. All in all it does look slightly better after a bit of sleep.
You never know we could just go somewhere like Sheffield United and spring a surprise. That seems to be our life this season. Lots of ups and downs. The roller coaster ride continues on Tuesday.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down