SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salisbury v Saints

+2
Owen D Saints
SaintJackoInHurworth
6 posters

Go down

Salisbury v Saints Empty Salisbury v Saints

Post  SaintJackoInHurworth Tue 21 Jul 2009, 9:26 pm

Well, I popped in here expecting it to be awash with excitement as everyone tried to piece together the latest news from the Salisbury v Saints game as it was transmitted by text message from friends at the match...

... but all I have found is a few wisps of tumbleweed and a deserted ghost forum!!!

Shame! Smile

Oh well, it looks like it is only the ladies that come here and they just hide away in their own little reserve with males banned from entering. I hope you're having fun in theer ladies...!!

I hope this forum can become all that it promises. At present it is no different than all the other alternatives to the two big forums.

Ah well! I still have two postings left on SWF, then I will have to go and endure TUI.. or maybe I will just go to Facebook... hmmm...

Byeee!

:arrow: Shocked Sad 😢 :| :silent: confused Sleep
SaintJackoInHurworth
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Salisbury v Saints Empty Re: Salisbury v Saints

Post  Owen D Saints Tue 21 Jul 2009, 9:34 pm

Please don't run away Jack. It's a great little forum and numbers of users are increasing fast. The site only started a short while ago.
Owen D Saints
Owen D Saints
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Dad Tue 21 Jul 2009, 9:46 pm

It may be quiet here but we like the place. And not all of us are Saints fans!!!
North End Dad
North End Dad
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintJackoInHurworth Tue 21 Jul 2009, 9:48 pm

OK, well I haven't logged out just yet! Smile

Hopefully it will grow and then there might be a forum for all the fans. I fear SWF has become a bit of a middle class season ticket holders preserve, although that said there are some right mentalists on there too!

Its predecessors used to be well regulated but friendly on the whole. Lately SWF has become a pretty hostile members only club. Personally I cannot afford the time to be making ten posts every day and it would only be on that basis as a minimum that I would feel any particular desire to pay to post.

So, good on you guys for challenging the elite - and I hope that it is a success!! Smile
SaintJackoInHurworth
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Salisbury v Saints Empty Back to the subject...!

Post  SaintJackoInHurworth Tue 21 Jul 2009, 9:52 pm

It sounds as though the match ended 5-4 to Salisbury! I don't know whether to believe that or not though. Evidently we were 3-0 down at one stage.

I don't know how much input Pardew had - the Saints official website seems to suggest that Stewart Henderson was in charge.
SaintJackoInHurworth
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Tue 21 Jul 2009, 10:11 pm

Hi jack, sorry if I missed you but I was stuck with my little 3yo daughter who refused point blank to go to sleep. At least, until I lay down beside her that was.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Tue 21 Jul 2009, 10:21 pm

Yes we lost 5-4 and were pretty poor by all accounts. Stern played and seemed to be interested and we improved after Paterson arrived. AP certainly has some work to do to sort this lot out it appears. Don't be surprised if we have another signing or two before Millwall.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintJackoInHurworth Tue 21 Jul 2009, 10:49 pm

SFC Forever wrote:Hi jack, sorry if I missed you but I was stuck with my little 3yo daughter who refused point blank to go to sleep. At least, until I lay down beside her that was.

LOL - sounds like she's got you well sussed! I've got a 3 yr old too.. but she was asleep long ago! Smile hehe
SaintJackoInHurworth
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintJackoInHurworth Tue 21 Jul 2009, 10:53 pm

SFC Forever wrote:Yes we lost 5-4 and were pretty poor by all accounts. Stern played and seemed to be interested and we improved after Paterson arrived. AP certainly has some work to do to sort this lot out it appears. Don't be surprised if we have another signing or two before Millwall.

Hopefully we might have a couple of good signings before Saturday (and in enough time to play on Saturday!) as I am going to the match - it will be my first ever home friendly match (I've only seen away matches at Farnborough Town, etc. in the past!) In fact it will only be about my third home match at St Marys ever as I live up near Darlington nowadays. It will also be my daughter's first ever football match as I am planning to take her along!
SaintJackoInHurworth
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  AlbionBandMarchesOn Wed 22 Jul 2009, 9:03 am

SaintJackoInHurworth wrote:Well, I popped in here expecting it to be awash with excitement as everyone tried to piece together the latest news from the Salisbury v Saints game as it was transmitted by text message from friends at the match...

... but all I have found is a few wisps of tumbleweed and a deserted ghost forum!!!

Shame! Smile

A few wisps of tumbleweed and a deserted ghost forum??

It prob. does give that impression at first glance but there is a great atmosphere here and I am sure once more people start participating it will look more appealing to newbies. Anyway, MrsAlbion and I love it here!!

Salisbury v Saints 117321-medium
AlbionBandMarchesOn
AlbionBandMarchesOn

Male
Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 22 Jul 2009, 9:36 am

I hope AP realises how useless Wotton is and gets us a more mobile grafter and midfield holding type player.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Salisbury v Saints Empty sorry saints

Post  tissier43 Fri 24 Jul 2009, 7:16 am

I was at the game and maybe the brief was dont tackle if dodgy etc and move the ball around but saints were 3 -0 down due to incisive play from salisbury.Wotton was sat just in front of the back four but seemed lost, robbie mathews won everything in the air and nobody knew who they were marking, ollie lancashire was dire, no positional sense at all. to be fir poke had no help from his back four. when pardew came down to the touchline we improved and matt paterson really did lift the game with his movement.Basically saints are going to come undone time after time at set pieces this year if they dont have a commanding pair of centre backs.
tissier43
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Fri 24 Jul 2009, 8:09 am

Hello T43 and welcome. I agree with everything you said. 2 CB's both need to be big and mobile. Perry has done as well as he can but a lot of our problems stem from his lack of height and mobility. A strong midfield player or two and I think we could start thinking about rising up the table .
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content