SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killer...are we being too sentimental?

4 posters

Go down

Killer...are we being too sentimental? Empty Killer...are we being too sentimental?

Post  mynameisthehulk Thu 11 Sep 2008, 9:32 pm

Lets see if this can get things going a bit...

I think we (meaning both the club and its supporters) are little bit blinded by former glories when it comes to Killer. I will grant you I have only seen him play the 90 mins against Blackpool, but to me he looked well off the pace, and looked hurt too. From what I understand his therapy allows him to play through the pain, rather than being designed to cute the pain entirely. There is only so much a knee can take, even if you dont mind that fact it hurts. I would love to be proved wrong on this one, and at least he is only on a pay as you play deal, but I dont think we will see him much more this season at all.
mynameisthehulk
mynameisthehulk
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Killer...are we being too sentimental? Empty Re: Killer...are we being too sentimental?

Post  SFC Forever Thu 11 Sep 2008, 10:57 pm

I hope you are wrong but I have been thinking along those lines myself. Perhaps when we have a settled defence he will improve. It looked sometimes as though he had lead in his boots when jumping but he was up against a large and sometimes over physical giant of a man in Burgess. It appeared to me that Blackpool went out to soften our boys up and it looked as if it worked.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Killer...are we being too sentimental? Empty Re: Killer...are we being too sentimental?

Post  bloop Fri 12 Sep 2008, 9:21 am

He's had some moments of looking Killer-class this season. I think his knee was too sore for the Blackpool game and he was well off form and pace because of it. I think it's good that he's have some time off to let it get a bit better.

Considering he hasn't played much in the last 4 years, he's not been looking too bad at all.
bloop
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  dubsaint Sat 13 Sep 2008, 1:38 am

it all boils down to money, if we can have a dodgey player with knees which are gone for no extra cost, then thats who we play for the moment
dubsaint
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum