SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QPR AT ST MARY'S

3 posters

Go down

QPR AT ST MARY'S Empty QPR AT ST MARY'S

Post  SaintMike Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:47 pm

Can Saints get the win that the formbooks suggest to be likely or is this to be a potential banana skin??

(I see Clattenburg is to be in charge of the whistle!)
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

QPR AT ST MARY'S Empty Re: QPR AT ST MARY'S

Post  SaintMike Fri 26 Sep 2014, 9:36 am

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/25/predicted-southampton-and-qpr-line-ups/?

I think Ron may keep Gardos in the team and leave Toby on the bench.....unless there is an agreement that Toby will play whenever available.      Not sure whether Cork and Long  will be in the line-up.

Bertrand or Targett?
Toby or Gardos?
2 from Wanyama, Cork and Davis?
Long or Mane?

Hmmm, it occurs to me that if we win this one, Ron will probably be in the running for Manager of the Month. I'd say at the moment that it's between Ron and former Saints manager Nigel Pearson now at Leicester who both have 100% League records this month. On Saturday, while Saints entertain QPR, Leicester are away to Crystal Palace. If Leicester win, I think Pearson might be favourite.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

QPR AT ST MARY'S Empty 'ARRY ON SAINTS-POMPEY RIVALRY

Post  SaintMike Sat 27 Sep 2014, 1:46 am

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 27 Sep 2014, 9:22 pm

sorry didn't comment pre match, golfing yesterday so not in until late.

well another win, old twitchy looking miserable, watch his after match interview on the QPR site, cheer up Arry may not happen, oh it has laugh at

Saints started at a good pace again, common theme with Koeman, and Mane quickly showed how his pace is going to cause lots of defenders problems, if he can learn to stay on side he could be a good purchase, despite creating good positions the final ball was not that good and was quite easy for Green.

During a goal mouth scramble ball was controlled by Tadic and his shot came off a qpr player but deflected just enough to hit the post and bounce away, Tadic had a couple of chances but seemed to prefer to lay off rather than go for goal. Pelle nearly scored when he had a good chance on right hand side of box, went for power to the near post but shot bent away from goal. Mane had a shot that looped up of a defender into Greens arms. then Morgan had the best chance when with a neat one two with Mane to be in on goal and went for placement and placed wide of Green but wide of the far post., Looked like going to be one of those days. QPR had little real threat in first half, couple of long range shots that only threatened the Stewards in row AA.

Second half started like the first with saints taking the game to QPR and saints finally got that so important break through with a good build up down the left which involved Bertrand, he laid the ball off to Mane but instead of going down the outside Bertrand carried on his run into the box, Mane did a back heel into his path and his hard shot beat Green who was slow to get down. We were on fire and Tadic should have added a second a couple of minutes later when he got the ball under control on the side of 6 yard box but his chip was knocked away by Green. That lead to a corner which think Wanyama headed then scramble where we couldn't turn the ball in.

saints then backed of a little and allowed QPR back in the game Hoilet was allowed to run across from left to right of box with no tackle ball was laid of and cross back in was well controlled by Austin with one touch and volleyed home under Forster. Gutted as was about the first decent attack they had but the lead was restored soon after. Long had come on for Mane and won the ball on right and hit a deep cross which found its way to Pelle who had his back to goal on left side of box, one touch had the ball in the air then with a sensational overhead kick beat Green all hands up going over him into the net. Davis had a long range shot which hit the bar, then Long had a great chance put through clear on left side but his shot was weak and straight at Green.

then got a bit nervy as saints seemed to back off and Kranjkar took control, either playing some good passes or falling over to win free kicks, from one of these when no foul he hit the post which would have been rough justice as no foul. Long had another opportunity with a run at goal but took to long and finally fell over his own feet. Tadic could have scored the third but again one on one with Green fluffed his line. 5 minutes extra time, were 6 in the first half but saints finally got their act together and played most of the game in the left side of QPRs end winning throw ins, killing the game off.

Great relief to win, could not have put up with old twitchy on MoTD if they had stolen a point, and the good run goes on. Going to Spuds next Sunday so hope we can finish off before the international break with another good result. First half was pretty poor with QPR no attacking threat but slowing the game down, just typical old school Redknap tactics. Only down side for me was performance of Long, he came on for Mane and thought he would chase down everything but rarely tracked back or tackled and had chances which he squandered. Can't see him on this form starting that many matches, I am happy for him to come on from the bench but doubt he will! Someone needs to explain the offside rule to mane, if he understands that, run along the line before breaking he will be very dangerous.

Forster 7 didn't really had much to do
Bertrand 8 really good game capped off with his first premiership goal.
Toby 6 didn't look quite so assured today but still fairly solid
Fonte 7 some good blocks good captain performance
Clyne 6 struggled a little defensively second half and should have done better on the goal.
Wanyama 8 strong game and was surprised taken off.
Schneiderlin 7 not at his best or most composed today
Davis 7 worked his socks off, had shots at goal back to his best.
Mane 7 great pace some decent passes but caught offside a few times
Pelle 8 great goal, some great distribution as well, worked harder than last game to me. (son went to game and text me first half he thought Pelle was rubbish, I said watch his game, first touch is good, holds the ball up well and good distribution. After Pelle scored he text me back saying he took it back!) definitely a younger Lambert but bit more mobile

subs
long 5 not sure if he has a fitness issue but didn't put in the effort I expected
Cork 6 came on for Wanyama, lots of running
Targett 6 on for last 10 minutes to bolster left side of defence, did okay

Opposition

first half typical what I expect from QPR, negative no attacking threat slow down the game etc. Second half once they went behind they actually showed some decent moves, defensively though they will struggle especially as Twitchy will keep Ferdinand playing. If they appoint Pulis who would no doubt organsie their defence they could stay up , keep old twitchy in charge and they will be down with a wage bill that will be crippling
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Sun 28 Sep 2014, 3:42 am

Good one Matty, thanks for the report.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 28 Sep 2014, 8:00 am

Thanks again Matty!!!

Could I ask for your rating out of 10 for Tadic please?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 28 Sep 2014, 1:00 pm

oohps missed him

Give him a 7, a talented player who if he can find his goal scoring touch will be a great player, doesn't tackle back much which is why him and Mane is a challenge for the rest of midfield but you have to have creative players.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 28 Sep 2014, 7:21 pm