SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOXING DAY AT CARDIFF

2 posters

Go down

BOXING DAY AT CARDIFF Empty BOXING DAY AT CARDIFF

Post  SaintMike Mon 23 Dec 2013, 5:14 pm

Can Saints get 3 much-needed points before encounters with title-chasers Everton and Chelsea?

I am sure there will be several changes from Sunday's line-up.....if it was me in charge I think I'd try:

Gazzaniga

Chambers Lovren Fonte Shaw

Schneiderlin Cork

Osvaldo Ramirez Lallana

Gallagher

That would maybe give Ramirez and Osvaldo the chance to show whether they can make an impact for Saints, and give Gallagher a real chance to show if he is up to games in the Prem.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

BOXING DAY AT CARDIFF Empty Re: BOXING DAY AT CARDIFF

Post  matty07uk Tue 24 Dec 2013, 9:07 am

With Gazzaniga in goal that is to attacking for me, would play Davis instead of Ramirez but to bring him on second half, and would start Rodrigues, think to much for Gallagher to be expected to hit the premiership running from U 21s
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Thu 26 Dec 2013, 8:49 pm

well just as well poch reads this web site and listened to my advice, not Mike's, and kept Rodrigues in the side, another 2 goals for him and Rickie scoring from open play it turns out a good time to be playing Cardiff. Just shows how luck plays a part. Against Spuds Rodrigues had a great chance to put us 2 up, if he scores we probably would have won. Cardiff had a great chance to score miss that and 3 minutes later we take the lead and go on to win.

Still no Osvaldo in the squad, think something more than just an injury and still no start for Ramerez, could see both leaving but may not be in January, will only go in Jan if we have replacements lined up.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 27 Dec 2013, 12:41 am

Haha Matty, but you're wrong my line-up would have won by 5 goals!!

A good win, albeit somewhat lucky I think. Had Cardiff converted just one of several good chances, I think we would have found it difficult to hold on for the win.

Osvaldo's absence is intriguing......I had thought he had more chance than Ramirez of fitting in here but I agree it looks as though they will both be off. If they are to go, I would much prefer they went in January as I don't really see them being a lot of use to us if their hearts are not here. Also, please don't let them out on loan, the only benefit would be a reduction in the wage bill.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Fri 27 Dec 2013, 9:13 am

A loan deal might not be bad if saints look at a loan back into us, both Osvaldo and Ramerez will go to decent clubs so might be a cple of players we are interested in to give the squad depth. Could not let Osvaldo go without another striker coming in as could end up like West Ham
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content